Execution=King
New Contributor
- Joined
- Feb 11, 2011
- Messages
- 16
Rep Bank
$120
$120
User Power: 81%
Kind of a beginner's question, so hopefully you all will bear with me.
I'm looking to get into ecommerce, and will probably eventually source overseas. An ecommerce forum that I'm on posted the following exchange where an experienced importer strongly recommended a particular kind of Wyoming corporation for importing to protect the privacy of one's supply chain (Since the company importing goods into the country is by law public record, apparently you need a private corp. to "break the chain" of trackable information between the container landing on the docks and the goods on your website.)
I'm wondering if people here have experience with Wyoming corps for this purpose, and if so, what are the additional pieces that need to be in place to make it work. (He's mentioning additional fees for "Hidden", "Nominee Held" & a lawyer on retainer....I have an idea what these might be, but info from someone who knows for sure would be great.
Also, I'm a California resident, so I know that I will be liable for CA corp taxes, regardless. The main thing I'm looking to get from a Wyo corp is this privacy...will it work in the case of someone from CA?
This is the quote from the other forum:
I'm looking to get into ecommerce, and will probably eventually source overseas. An ecommerce forum that I'm on posted the following exchange where an experienced importer strongly recommended a particular kind of Wyoming corporation for importing to protect the privacy of one's supply chain (Since the company importing goods into the country is by law public record, apparently you need a private corp. to "break the chain" of trackable information between the container landing on the docks and the goods on your website.)
I'm wondering if people here have experience with Wyoming corps for this purpose, and if so, what are the additional pieces that need to be in place to make it work. (He's mentioning additional fees for "Hidden", "Nominee Held" & a lawyer on retainer....I have an idea what these might be, but info from someone who knows for sure would be great.
Also, I'm a California resident, so I know that I will be liable for CA corp taxes, regardless. The main thing I'm looking to get from a Wyo corp is this privacy...will it work in the case of someone from CA?
This is the quote from the other forum:
Q: Need to set up an LLC for forwarding freight. Does anyone have an opinion setting up their corp? Are there any tax advantages?!
A: Wyoming. You don't want me finding your supplier, so you use a wyoming corp to hide your supplier.
Say you are selling some product, but you have no legal protection. I find your widget on your website and want to compete with you, but I can't find a supplier. If you're not incorporated in Wyoming, I pull your US customs records and find your supplier...it's game over.
For importing, Wyoming is the new Swiss account, NOTHING is available online - and if you pay a little extra its damn near bearer share privacy and its not that expensive.
Q: How much of a difference ($ wise) does it really make?
A: Hidden - $195/yr,
I want to be able to legally say that I did not own it on 12/31 (Nominee Held) 595/yr,
I want that & a lawyer on retainer talking to me about this so its all privileged 1495/yr
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
