The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advertising on Music Related Site

sk24iam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 22, 2009
Washington DC
I'm considering on making an online music organizing tool which would be free to users. To monetize it I was thinking of using a little bit of advertising on the pages to keep the product free. I believe the tool has potential to gain a significant amouint of traffic. Has anyone had any experience monetizing through the music industry keywords? Maybe even including links to purchase mp3's through an affiliate or something in that matter? I'm wondering if this type of advertising keyword has a worthwhile success rate? From what I've seen, several music related sites have come and gone that were free built upon advertising revenue.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Don't start with paid advertising.. you will lose a lot of money untill you find the right configuration.. and I have a lot of music but I dont use any tools to organize it.. just folders... so not sure there will be searches for that.
Still, it can be useful and a way for you to get it out is go to music blogs and sites etc and ask them to test your tool and give it a way for a 100 or 200 of their visitors for free as a bonus or something. That way you will know if your idea will be valuable to the users for free..

a1okac

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 22, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
Something that might be worth considering is this tool http://bit.ly/fsh6x5 its a one off purchase (much more cost effective than a PPC campaign etc) manage multiple twitter accounts and you can use it to automate following/unfollowing people - you can then target the people you follow based on keywords that would be relevant to your site, there is also a neat little function that enables you to tweet an mp3 file. you can then market (and automate your marketing) to highly targeted followers - once you have set it up it really will do 95% of the work you just need to chack it, add new tweets every so often and tweak your searches once in a while if you want to target different keywords.. I find it very effective and have used it to market music downlaods for people/bands before - may be of use anyway!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.