The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Activist Investments

Anything related to investing, including crypto

andrea532

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 14, 2020
Italy
hello everyone, I've been following this forum for a while and I've also read unscripted . in one piece he talks about activist investing and I was wondering if investing in equity ETFs could fall into this category. I've noticed that these ETFs have done 1000% in ten years. what do you think could be a solution?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nodus

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Apr 3, 2018
Tanzania
hello everyone, I've been following this forum for a while and I've also read unscripted . in one piece he talks about activist investing and I was wondering if investing in equity ETFs could fall into this category. I've noticed that these ETFs have done 1000% in ten years. what do you think could be a solution?
ETFs by definition are not actively managed, and their value is tied to the performance of their underlying assets.

If you are inferring about the CENTS - commandment of control, anything YOU can't actively influence and change the inputs required to alter the outcome and performance to a high degree would violate this principle

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Activist investing means investing into the company so as to acquire influence to turn a low performing company into a profitable one.

Means you are not just putting in money but sweat as well.

A good product with poor marketing for instance.

andrea532

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 14, 2020
Italy
Investire in modo attivista significa investire nell'azienda in modo da acquisire influenza per trasformare un'azienda a basso rendimento in una redditizia.

Significa che non stai solo investendo denaro, ma anche sudando.

Ad esempio, un buon prodotto con un marketing scadente.
sorry again but the goal of private equity is to buy companies and improve them. to have higher profits in the future. so investing in them is like investing directly in the company, right?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
sorry again but the goal of private equity is to buy companies and improve them. to have higher profits in the future. so investing in them is like investing directly in the company, right?
Yes. But I think realistically you have to get your hands dirty to help to run them a lot.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.