The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO According to you, do we confuse hard work with smart work?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Tony Deslandes

New Contributor
May 2, 2016
Hi guys!

Thank you so much to MJ for building this forum where we can all help each other.

- My topic is about Hard Work Vs Smart Work.

I see this big trend nowadays of people celebrating hard work (which I've been a big fan for the past 7 years), yet most HARD WORKING people are BROKE.
I live in a busy city, and I often see by my window, construction workers putting in 8 to 10 hours a day, yet all of them will not become wealthy or rich.

You could work 60 to 70 hours a week, and still end up nowhere. No one speaks about building a system, replacing yourself, passive income, etc.

What do you guys think?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I see this big trend nowadays of people celebrating hard work (which I've been a big fan for the past 7 years), yet most HARD WORKING people are BROKE.

Absolutely.

You want to know why?

Hard work in an INEFFICIENT SYSTEM is marginalized and rendered impotent.

I work hard in an EFFICIENT SYSTEM that I built, hence, I get paid a lot more.

Other people work hard in an INEFFICIENT SYSTEM that is ruled by the rat-race.

So their results (and their output) enjoy marginal returns.

"Smart work" = putting yourself in a system that can leverage your hard work.

If you default to "hard work" within the default system, you get default results that applies to the 99%.

Think of it this way...

Put USAIN BOLT on a child's tricycle and suddenly someone who couldn't run 100 meters would beat him in a race!!

Did USAIN lose his speed?

Did USAIN stop working hard?

NO!!

He's been burdened by an inefficient system.

Tony Deslandes

New Contributor
May 2, 2016
Absolutely.

You want to know why?

Hard work in an INEFFICIENT SYSTEM is marginalized and rendered impotent.

I work hard in an EFFICIENT SYSTEM that I built, hence, I get paid a lot more.

Other people work hard in an INEFFICIENT SYSTEM that is ruled by the rat-race.

So their results (and their output) enjoy marginal returns.

"Smart work" = putting yourself in a system that can leverage your hard work.

If you default to "hard work" within the default system, you get default results that applies to the 99%.

Think of it this way...

Put USAIN BOLT on a child's tricycle and suddenly someone who couldn't run 100 meters would beat him in a race!!

Did USAIN lose his speed?

Did USAIN stop working hard?

NO!!

He's been burdened by an inefficient system.
So true!

The vehicle, the system is definitely the issue.

It's like in mathematics, it's better to be in 1;inf (1 to many) relationships than have a limit.

Every entrepreneur should aim for a business that works without themselves. I've literally been brainwashed into hard work in inefficient systems as you say!

Love that metaphor!

Tony

jaceytome

New Contributor
Apr 19, 2021
Hard work is definitely more important because it is only through hard work that we can achieve the goals of our life. Smart work, on the other hand, often leads to shortcuts and procrastination. To achieve anything in life, one has to commit to continuous hard work, which will lead one to the summit of achievement.

CruxisKnight

Contributor
Jan 7, 2021
Hi guys!

Thank you so much to MJ for building this forum where we can all help each other.

- My topic is about Hard Work Vs Smart Work.

I live in a busy city, and I often see by my window, construction workers putting in 8 to 10 hours a day, yet all of them will not become wealthy or rich.

You could work 60 to 70 hours a week, and still end up nowhere. No one speaks about building a system, replacing yourself, passive income, etc.

What do you guys think?
You need both really. If you praise smart work too much then you get lazy, but if its only hard work then you don't optimize your work enough to produce competitive results.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
@Fox It's same with me Did both quiz and application but as yet no automatic confirmation, just...
MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
freelance is cool. but to own a business is like freedom. A newsletter I'm subscribed to gave...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I have a long weekend off work.. bought your "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...