The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Accelerating out of the slow lane

Anything related to matters of the mind

Big_Benny

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Feb 25, 2018
Australia
Hi there,

I have been reading (listening) to MJ's new book and really enjoying it.

Over the last 8 years, I have increased my annual income more than 12 fold, from about $44k to $550k+.

About 4 years ago, I set myself a target of making $520k per year ($10k per week) which I've just achieved and it's actually quite hard to believe.

My next target is $1.2m per year ($100k per month). I'm not in the fast lane, @MJ DeMarco would probably agree that I'm accelerating out of the slow lane though.

I'm still earning income from a high paying job, but have multiple sources of income, have a portfolio sitting around $2.3m and have a final goal to make $365k per year in passive income.

Whilst I'm not in the fast lane, I think I will be able to exit the rat race in about 5 - 8 years.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rockeez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Apr 9, 2021
Hi there,

Over the last 8 years, I have increased my annual income more than 12 fold, from about $44k to $550k+.

About 4 years ago, I set myself a target of making $520k per year ($10k per week) which I've just achieved and it's actually quite hard to believe.

My next target is $1.2m per year ($100k per month). I'm not in the fast lane, @MJ DeMarco would probably agree that I'm accelerating out of the slow lane though.

I'm still earning income from a high paying job, but have multiple sources of income, have a portfolio sitting around $2.3m and have a final goal to make $365k per year in passive income.

Whilst I'm not in the fast lane, I think I will be able to exit the rat race in about 5 - 8 years.
Congratulations boss. You might not be in the fastlane but you are just a junction from swerving inside... hahaha

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hi there,

Nice, what kind of job pays this well?

FYI: Love the 1999 Diablo in the avatar, I owned one for about 3 years.

Big_Benny

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Feb 25, 2018
Australia
Nice, what kind of job pays this well?

FYI: Love the 1999 Diablo in the avatar, I owned one for about 3 years.
I'm currently working as a Program Director implementing a CRM and about half my income is coming from Real Estate, Dividends, YouTube and P2P lending. Moving forward, I'm keen to get into leasing out equipment and think there's a lot of opportunities in that space.

I believe that the Lambo in the picture is the last RHD 2001 'sunrise' Diablo ever made. It was for sale a couple of years ago at a place nearby called Classic Cars, Prestige & Sports Cars - Richmonds Adelaide, Australia and I went to have a look.

Ama

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 2, 2017
California
I'm currently working as a Program Director implementing a CRM and about half my income is coming from Real Estate, Dividends, YouTube and P2P lending. Moving forward, I'm keen to get into leasing out equipment and think there's a lot of opportunities in that space.

I believe that the Lambo in the picture is the last RHD 2001 'sunrise' Diablo ever made. It was for sale a couple of years ago at a place nearby called Classic Cars, Prestige & Sports Cars - Richmonds Adelaide, Australia and I went to have a look.
What kind of platforms do you use for P2p lending? Can you give an example of a loan/payback rate and how much the middleman takes?

Big_Benny

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Feb 25, 2018
Australia
What kind of platforms do you use for P2p lending? Can you give an example of a loan/payback rate and how much the middleman takes?
I've been using Faster, Fairer Loans for Your Big Ideas | Plenti and locked in quite a few 5 year loans at 8% interest. So far I haven't had any defaults on any of the loans I've written. One of the strategies I used was to write lots of small loans i.e. $100 a piece. They also had an IPO last year, which initially went down but is up about 40% over the last 6 months.

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
If you earning with this high income and high networth, why don't you just quit your job and start a business?

Do you have family which depend on you?

Or if not, u should start ur business. If I were you, I definitely start a business. As MJ mentioned in his new book, there is no "Good Time" or perhaps "Right Time" to start a business. Your netwoth is already exploded and perhaps you are top 10% in the slow lane people.

If you dun mind, may I know your age?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.