The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Abandoning Fastlane Temporarily for Career Change in Slowlane?

Anything related to matters of the mind

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
Some background info. So met up with people for the first time in years. I have been isolating myself in mom's basement building and learning my fastlane. I realized this whole time that I have been illogically optimistic that I was gonna at least be self-employed in at least 3 years. I am at another low point. Building this fastlane, I have strived so far from reality. I literally put fastlane above everything in my life. I MEAN everything.

Lost all friends, destroyed family relationships, so much to the point I realized I have no social skills whatsoever now. It was an early Memorial Day Party, I couldn't even do basic human things like help people without constantly reminding myself. I have become so selfish for my fastlane venture, I had to keep reminding myself of basic human actions like setup chairs and shit, have conversations. I have pretty much developed social anxiety. A kid was also getting bullied and I couldn't even step in to stop the situation. I am a young dude at 24 years old, my health has dropped exponentially as well.

The bad thing about this whole thing is that I have kept my slowlane job completely stagnant. As in, every hour in slowlane, I feel my body dieing and I am learning no valuable skills. Money is also significantly shorter than it should be because I failed so DAMN hard.

"No point in progressing or changing careers in slowlane world, because yah know my fastlane is going to work. Why invest in any slowlane or change career when I am going to be out soon anyways" I can't seem to break from this philosophy either.

I don't like to blame people because it is very naive and not being accountable, but reading that fastlane book really made me hate the system so much I can't take any slowlane job seriously. It is all a joke to me.

Going to this party, made me realize how much I missed out on life. How the hell am I suppose to build my self back from this wreck I dug myself to. This fastlane thing literally F*cked me up. Yes, I am definitely more self aware and woke up, but have been unhappy and pissed ever since. Literally pissed constantly for about 3 years.

The thing that gripes me the most is that the people I talked to are living life to the fullest, traveling, going to concerts, movies, but guess what, they also have significantly more money while enjoying life. Money is the fuel to freedom and since it is what I want so deeply.

I have also talked to people at the party that did have fastlane ventures, they literally started it 1 year ago and made it and it isn't even their priority. No Joke. I'm like wtf. I am hear doing this shit non-stop and nothing.

So much survivor bias, I am sure there are so many people that F'd their lives up like me doing fastlane.

This actually turned kind of into a rant, wasn't really suppose to be but got carried away.

Another thing about fastlane is that I read it in a way that the stock market is the enemy and nobody gets rich off the stock market. So I totally wrote that idea off in the beginning, but it is the very thing that is actually making me money.

I have 2 products in half development. Should I just drop it and be like F*ck it. Dissolve business and screw it? My business is not an asset, but a liability.

I kinda want to just die now. Goddamn idk guys

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Don't give up!
Right about when you're going to quit is right when you're going to succeed.
Commit to it for just 90 more Days - and I don't mean stagnate through, make moves, take risks, do something.
Failure is temporary.

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
You could be worse - you could be like me,

I went 2 years of book reading and motivational video watching. All that mental masturbation. All I had to show for it was a half done CAD file

PATHETIC

Just grab your balls and start making moves - and use freelancers where necessary, $50 in Ukraine can go a long way

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.