The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A young entrepreneur.

sunil11

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 25, 2018
india
Hi!
This is sunil. I am 19 year old. I started my first business when i was 14, it was "Home made food" delivery to offices and hostels, I understood that they were away from their home and never liked what the mess provided them.We provided them really good service,quality and were never late when it came to deliver food. First it was a really slow growth, i was also afraid/shy of communicating to people but as i started communicating more and more the fear faded, i became more stronger when came to communicating about our product.

when I went into offices asking them if they would like to taste our food once,many ignored seeing a little kid, then after entering into many offices we got our first big order, order after order we scaled from few customers in locality to many customers in city.But, after one year my health really deteriorated and we had to close that business.More than what we earned from that business was spent into my hospital bills. it took me two years to recover completely.

I being completed my school(10th) and entering high school(11th) took up a part-time cooking person job at local food store. While I used to work here, I always thought I wanted to do something, something more appreciable, something that i could enjoy,something that could reward me better for my hard work.While i worked here,I tried many things(after returning from work) like starting my own radio on money making site called radionomy,but then after all work and setup it ended because it was not being aired in my country.I also took a data entry program,paid 3000 bucks,and this ended because they always rejected my work and never paid me.
It was almost a year now for me at the job and the owner did'nt agree to give me a hike.so, i changed my job to a nearby clothing store as a part-time sales person for the same salary because there were better facilities.

I used to surf the net a lot. From website to website. And Then one thought struck my mind.It was.." How? ", how do they make such sites, I knew there was code behind it, but was really curious how to make it, i started reading about this on net. I really loved it, decided to become a web designer, i started self-learning(still did'nt leave my job).

Now it was 8 months into the job and i asked for a hike.i was denied of hike, so left the job. I started full time learning to become a web designer and developer. After few months I started looking for part-time at different web agencies,secured a job at one of the web agency in the city. after some time I left the job to get into full time freelancing.

At this point of time i didn't have portfolio so i was not able to win projects. Approached many local businesses to make their websites. None of them were interested.I have two of my friends one who does digital marketing and one graphic designing,invited them to work with me, we decided to start a company which would offer to start a online stores for businesses and bring leads and traffic to their site and also build a online/socialmedia brand for them.
After approaching many businesses, a startup agreed to work with us(just happened a week before i am writing this). We got our first client. The feeling was amazing, don't even remember when did i feel like that before.

I still have a very very long way to go, building my company.Will always trust the process. :)

~sunil

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

calebbschilling

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 25, 2018
Waterloo, IL
Hi!
This is sunil. I am 19 year old. I started my first business when i was 14, it was "Home made food" delivery to offices and hostels, I understood that they were away from their home and never liked what the mess provided them.We provided them really good service,quality and were never late when it came to deliver food. First it was a really slow growth, i was also afraid/shy of communicating to people but as i started communicating more and more the fear faded, i became more stronger when came to communicating about our product.

when I went into offices asking them if they would like to taste our food once,many ignored seeing a little kid, then after entering into many offices we got our first big order, order after order we scaled from few customers in locality to many customers in city.But, after one year my health really deteriorated and we had to close that business.More than what we earned from that business was spent into my hospital bills. it took me two years to recover completely.

I being completed my school(10th) and entering high school(11th) took up a part-time cooking person job at local food store. While I used to work here, I always thought I wanted to do something, something more appreciable, something that i could enjoy,something that could reward me better for my hard work.While i worked here,I tried many things(after returning from work) like starting my own radio on money making site called radionomy,but then after all work and setup it ended because it was not being aired in my country.I also took a data entry program,paid 3000 bucks,and this ended because they always rejected my work and never paid me.
It was almost a year now for me at the job and the owner did'nt agree to give me a hike.so, i changed my job to a nearby clothing store as a part-time sales person for the same salary because there were better facilities.

I used to surf the net a lot. From website to website. And Then one thought struck my mind.It was.." How? ", how do they make such sites, I knew there was code behind it, but was really curious how to make it, i started reading about this on net. I really loved it, decided to become a web designer, i started self-learning(still did'nt leave my job).

Now it was 8 months into the job and i asked for a hike.i was denied of hike, so left the job. I started full time learning to become a web designer and developer. After few months I started looking for part-time at different web agencies,secured a job at one of the web agency in the city. after some time I left the job to get into full time freelancing.

At this point of time i didn't have portfolio so i was not able to win projects. Approached many local businesses to make their websites. None of them were interested.I have two of my friends one who does digital marketing and one graphic designing,invited them to work with me, we decided to start a company which would offer to start a online stores for businesses and bring leads and traffic to their site and also build a online/socialmedia brand for them.
After approaching many businesses, a startup agreed to work with us(just happened a week before i am writing this). We got our first client. The feeling was amazing, don't even remember when did i feel like that before.

I still have a very very long way to go, building my company.Will always trust the process. :)

~sunil

Wow! That's so amazing. I wish you luck on your new adventure!! :)

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Hi Sunil, welcome!

What part of India are you in? I have some pen pals in different parts of the country.

I'm amazed by how much you've already experienced at your age.

Don't overlook how valuable your sales experience is. Many people twice your age are still too nervous to walk in to a business and sell something!

I'm so sorry to learn of your big health problem. I went through something similar. It can be hard to get back into the flow of everyday life after that!

The $3k for data entry thing sounds like a total scam/fraud. There are web sites where you can make yourself available for those kind of projects, without a penny out of your own pocket. (When you find a client through the site, the client pays the site, the site takes a percentage and forwards the rest to you.) But it looks you like now are way beyond needing a data entry gig!

Good for you for going freelance. One way to get past the "no portfolio" issue is to find some nonprofit organizations that you believe in, and volunteer to put up a web site for them. As for me, as I did web work for internal use in big companies (I can't show that work outside), I've got two friends I'm building sites for to have my own current portfolio.

Congratulations on your first client in the new business!

If you're at all interested in getting leads for other businesses through the Web, you've GOT to read MJ's Fastlane book. He has a fascinating story about how he got into that by accident and wound up getting rich from his lead generation site!

Andy Black's radio interviews are another goldmine. He's a forum member who's linked to his audios from here. I'm starting to go through them, learning a lot. Couldn't ask for a nicer business mindset example, too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sunil11

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 25, 2018
india
Hi Sunil, welcome!

What part of India are you in? I have some pen pals in different parts of the country.

I'm amazed by how much you've already experienced at your age.

Don't overlook how valuable your sales experience is. Many people twice your age are still too nervous to walk in to a business and sell something!

I'm so sorry to learn of your big health problem. I went through something similar. It can be hard to get back into the flow of everyday life after that!

The $3k for data entry thing sounds like a total scam/fraud. There are web sites where you can make yourself available for those kind of projects, without a penny out of your own pocket. (When you find a client through the site, the client pays the site, the site takes a percentage and forwards the rest to you.) But it looks you like now are way beyond needing a data entry gig!

Good for you for going freelance. One way to get past the "no portfolio" issue is to find some nonprofit organizations that you believe in, and volunteer to put up a web site for them. As for me, as I did web work for internal use in big companies (I can't show that work outside), I've got two friends I'm building sites for to have my own current portfolio.

Congratulations on your first client in the new business!

If you're at all interested in getting leads for other businesses through the Web, you've GOT to read MJ's Fastlane book. He has a fascinating story about how he got into that by accident and wound up getting rich from his lead generation site!

Andy Black's radio interviews are another goldmine. He's a forum member who's linked to his audios from here. I'm starting to go through them, learning a lot. Couldn't ask for a nicer business mindset example, too.

Hey late bloomer!
I am from hyderabad,India.
i have read Mj's fastlane. I'm here because of the book. The book has brought some clarity to me as of the decisions I take.But there are still many problems as of finding customers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...