The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A thank you to fastlane

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

TrevorJ

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Sep 12, 2013
Alright guys the last 6 months I have been going through negative shit. Got out of a relationship that crushed me mentally and I acted like a pussy because I Just started my business full time after letting it sit on the side of my job for a few months and a lot of medical bills popped up. I acted like a little bitch trying to get my ex back because of all the other stress I went through with the biz startup and medical issues. Then again, that's just part of the struggle for those of us trying to go this route.

I spent months going back in fourth in my head trying to figure out what I wanted to do. What would be the best business model, should i abandon shit on my current business as I didn't really like it. After lots of feedback from fastlaners I realized it's not about any of this stupid shit about finding your passion etc, because I know through my past every job I have had I hated. The passion for me was never about "what I did" it's about the fact I owned that shit. I want to own a company, I want to be the leader, not do work that is "fun, or creative and passionate" new age sort of stuff.

Within 6 months of going to the biz fulltime I am projecting 60k yr profit as I am running it solo right now. My business is a SEO firm for primarily local businesses. I realized several things running this business and I am planning to change my mode, and I think that will benefit my growth and ideas greatly.

I have mostly been selling SEO services (to rank clients organically). I realized though, because of frequent search updates and the unpredictability of that being a primary service; I am going to start shifting my business into focusing primarily on Pay per click advertising management.

The perks here, are that pay per click management is very measurable and scale-able. We can charge a margin based on clients spend and allocate the appropriate time each month improving the PPC campaign or setting up new tests. This is a very scale-able model - PPC will never disappear in the way that SEO may (or it may just become ridiculously expensive to provide).

Although, I am primarily versed in SEO - I have one key client on my books who I manage a 20k per month PPC campaign for. I am going to leverage this client for all new large clients I approach.

The services I want my firm to specialize in would include all forms of paid advertising. PPC (adwords/bing/facebook), media buys (i need more experience in this) and display and video advertising.

Since this can be a very much personalized strategy I build for my firm, once I reach a maximum client load, I can hire and train an exact duplicate of myself and continue this process until we grow up and up.

I realized all my attempts to change what i was going to do for "fast lane" was really F*cking me up mentally and making me NO progress. I am 27, I know what skills I have so therefore I need to leverage my skills instead of jumping ship to learn something new. I know there are PPC firms out there with 20 employees bringing in 3-10 million a year. So the potential is there.

My real goals have always been to own a business, be the boss and make a solid 300-400k a year. Some fastlaners might say that is a very modest goal, but that is really what I want in my life, to me after that money has diminishing returns. I never wanted a lambo (well, maybe a little) but it's definitely not on my wants list. I wanted to have leadership role, money to travel, live anywhere I feel like aka in california or new york and have a nice place and access to luxuries that some others may not have. That to me is the ideal. Thanks again for helping to shed clarity guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.