- Joined
- Aug 26, 2023
- Messages
- 15
Rep Bank
$185
$185
User Power: 87%
Hi,
I'm a 17 year old female, who has spent years seeing the same problem in two different situations. Confused? Lemme explain.
Me and my family lived on government support and my mother's minimum wage salary in Sweden. My siblings and I wore two pairs of shoes (one for winter and one for all other seasons), and had to keep them for at least 2 years. I am the eldest so I took most care of my shoes since my siblings would get to inherit them. I even avoided running and playing with other kids, so Id ensure the shoes stayed intact. We almost never got to see our mother as she worked 60+ hours. Hence, I had to become an adult too early. The whole time I questioned wether we could have had it better, but was dismissed with imperatives like: "at least you have a roof over your head!" and "at least you get your stomach full 3 times a day!" Which made me feel bad for questioning our situation and inherently delayed my Fastlane mindset.
Then, 3 years ago I decided I wanted an out. I wanted to see the world beyond my mother's hard work and the cold Swedish weather. So, I searched for my father. He sent me a ticket a few months later. And I found myself on East African soil.
Here my father had a duplex, owned a local business that made "good" revenue and had money to afford top-private American education (in a French country) for me.
But what makes this situation so alike to the one in Sweden?
We still lived paycheck to paycheck. We lived—we still do live—on the Sidewalk. I might have better circumstances now, but the problem is still present. And I realized this among many other things when I began reading TMF .
I'm glad to have found my space
I'm a 17 year old female, who has spent years seeing the same problem in two different situations. Confused? Lemme explain.
Me and my family lived on government support and my mother's minimum wage salary in Sweden. My siblings and I wore two pairs of shoes (one for winter and one for all other seasons), and had to keep them for at least 2 years. I am the eldest so I took most care of my shoes since my siblings would get to inherit them. I even avoided running and playing with other kids, so Id ensure the shoes stayed intact. We almost never got to see our mother as she worked 60+ hours. Hence, I had to become an adult too early. The whole time I questioned wether we could have had it better, but was dismissed with imperatives like: "at least you have a roof over your head!" and "at least you get your stomach full 3 times a day!" Which made me feel bad for questioning our situation and inherently delayed my Fastlane mindset.
Then, 3 years ago I decided I wanted an out. I wanted to see the world beyond my mother's hard work and the cold Swedish weather. So, I searched for my father. He sent me a ticket a few months later. And I found myself on East African soil.
Here my father had a duplex, owned a local business that made "good" revenue and had money to afford top-private American education (in a French country) for me.
But what makes this situation so alike to the one in Sweden?
We still lived paycheck to paycheck. We lived—we still do live—on the Sidewalk. I might have better circumstances now, but the problem is still present. And I realized this among many other things when I began reading TMF .
I'm glad to have found my space
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
