The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A simple reminder: When all else fails...

Anything related to matters of the mind

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
... attack.

That's the super simple paraphrasing of an article I just read. When you're in doubt, when you don't know what to do next, when nothing makes sense... attack. Do something. Take action. Its a fantastic reminder that I seem to constantly need, so hopefully it will act as today's reminder to someone else as well.

The article is from Stephen Pressfield's blog. He's focused on writers (since he's a writer and all...), but he basically tells creative people how to get things done. Imo, his non-fiction stuff is incredibly relevant to any entrepreneurial venture.

Writing Wednesdays: Admiral Nelson’s Advice to Artists

Admiral Horatio Nelson said:
When their own vessel was on fire, when wounded sailors were crying out all around them, when smoke blanketed the surface of the sea so that the skipper could no longer tell where he was, where the enemy was, or even if the battle were being won or lost … how would that solitary, isolated captain know what to do?

“In that moment,†said Nelson, “remember this: I shall fault no commander who lays his vessel alongside a ship of the enemy.â€

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
I read that. I skip the first few paragraphs until it was relevant at the end.

Life is so short. The days and hours just merge into one flow, but it's what you do with the time that makes it worthwhile.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Within a short 100 years, everybody you know, everybody you've met, everyone you see on the streets - will likely be dead and gone. All of them.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Reminding yourself "Everyone else thinks this sucks too" can give you the edge necessary to come on top. I've found time and time again this to work well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.