The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A (REALLY) Brief History of My Life

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

aminsafiq

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 20, 2022
Calgary, Alberta
Hello everyone,

My name is Amin. I'm originally from Bangladesh. Currently, I'm writing from Calgary, Alberta. I came to Canada as a student in my early 20s (now I'm in my late 20s).

Computers were my "thing". I got fascinated by it when my dad bought a home computer (PC); I was 5. I am and will always be grateful to God and my father for that.

I started scripting and programming when I was 9—thanks to that grade 5 brother, Sam, who showed me how to use Windows Command Prompt—he told me that the "help" command is all I need to know—I learned how to read manuals. 3 years later, my dad got home internet—a new universe opened up to me. So, I came to Canada and went to the University of Alberta for a Bachelor of Science, Honours degree in Computing Science.

However, I dropped out after 2 years because of a traumatic experience. I went into a state of depression; it lasted for 3 years. During this period, I developed an interest in healthy living, philosophy and spirituality. I focused on developing my communication and relationship skills. I learned about style, grooming and fitness. I focused on them so much that I forgot about wealth. And, I paid the price.

Learning from my mistake, I realized that wealth is a part of a good life. I got interested in personal finance. I came to know about Dave Ramsay's work—his 7 baby steps—it worked—it also built my financial discipline. I learned about Robert Kiyosaki's work—listened to his Rich Dad, Poor Dad book while working out at the gym. I planned on getting onto the right side, the passive side and wanted to become a (B) businessman and an (I) investor.

My business never started. Nevertheless, I did get into investing. I took the couch potato or passive investing path through ETFs. I read John Robertson's The Value of Simple book. It gave me reasonably good returns on my investments—of time, money and energy. I was on my way into active investing—reading Peter Lynch's One up on Wall Street. But I was clueless that I was on the slowlane. @MJ DeMarco 's The Millionaire Fastlane was exactly what I needed; it was a wake-up call. I learned about this book through John Sonmez (the founder of Bulldog Mindset).

Now, I want a good life. For me, a good life would be a harmony of robust health (body, mind, spirit), robust wealth (freedom of time, money and location), robust relationships (family, friends, lover, relatives, neighbours), robust faith (knowledge of and connection with God) and personal development (being the best person I can be).

I aim to live a good life and help others live a good life through this forum.

Cheers,
Amin

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Amin, thank you for the story. Sounds like a typical pre-Fastlane story of emergence.

Trait

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jun 22, 2021
Bangladesh
Welcome to the forum! Am also from Bangladesh, and would be glad to connect.

aminsafiq

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 20, 2022
Calgary, Alberta
Welcome Amin, thank you for the story. Sounds like a typical pre-Fastlane story of emergence.
Thank you MJ! I hope so. I am taking actions, hopefully right actions. I hope this is my pre-Fastlane story. Thanks for writing The Millionaire Fastlane AND for creating this forum! Can't thank you enough for it. I'll keep you folks updated. Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...