The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A new start, and hello!

cmiddlebrook

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jun 29, 2014
UK
Hey everyone. I actually joined this forum some years ago but somehow lost my way. I had a fastlane business - online subscription based software but ultimately I blew the opportunity and it's now gone. I somehow ended up working in the sports industry for a couple of years and then C0VlD-19 hit, and all the sports went away, and my income with it.

I wallowed in self-pity for a day or two and then gave myself an internal kick up the butt and started fresh. I have a totally clean slate now. I have years of experience of software development, of being self employed and of the fastlane principles. Covid took away my work but what I was doing in sports couldn't have been further away from fastlane and I wasn't enjoying it anyway. Covid actually gave me an opportunity I had all along but simply couldn't see before.

So now I'm working at getting my development skills up to date. Free education on the internet has exploded in recent years. I've always been self taught but it's easier than ever now. I've been astounded by how much I can learn for free or very cheap. Whilst I bring my skills up to date, I'll re-read MJ's books, peruse the forum when my brain needs a break from programming and I'll start looking for opportunities for a new software service.

At least now I have all that experience behind me and a wide open field of opportunity before me. I'm also fortunate in that my living expenses are very low so I only need to do a few hours trading time for money to keep myself afloat and thus have a LOT of time to dedicate to my new venture, whatever that may be.

So that's my little story :)

Caroline

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Travel Base

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 19, 2020
europe
Welcome!
I felt the same way in regard at using this time to buff up my skills by taking courses online and reading more stuff - I'm still a freelance, but I do have more time to move towards my long-term goals now.
Isn't it exciting to discover and explore ourselves and new ideas? I do hope you'll find what you are looking for!

I don't know if you have already found a couple of threads that may interest you:
Free resources during COVID and Teachable courses (there's one by Pat Flynn on finding your business idea that might interest you). Hope it helps!

cmiddlebrook

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jun 29, 2014
UK
I don't know if you have already found a couple of threads that may interest you:
Free resources during COVID and Teachable courses (there's one by Pat Flynn on finding your business idea that might interest you). Hope it helps!

Thank you yes I had already gone through the first thread and found some useful stuff there. Pat Flynn I used to follow way back in the day so I will check out that course, thank you :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...