The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A n00b from The Island of Gods ( Bali )

Steve Han

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 25, 2012
Hi everyone,

This is my first post - and I'd like to say hello to everyone here..
As you can read from the title, I do currently live in Indonesia, but not exactly in Bali - the Island of Gods. ( I just thought I would make my first post as enticing as possible :D ) I'm currently residing in Surabaya, Indonesia - but, I used to live in Bali. For two years.

Just a few weeks ago I stumbled upon "The Millionaire Fastlane " while browsing Amazon for Robert T Kiyosaki's book
"Retire Young, Retire Rich". I read the rave reviews and decided to grab the book and see for myself how good the book really was.

It was...........life-changing. To say it the least would be an understatement. I'm an ESL ( English as Second Language ) teacher, been working for over 2 years for a medium-sized English course company. I am Asian, and the picture on my profile is my 2-year-old son...( well that photo was taken when he was still around 8 months so he's way bigger right now..)

I've decided that I would ride on the fastlane, and of course just like most of you all here the goal is to have financial freedom. More specifically, I intend to retire in 5 years ( I'm 32 now ) with at least $4000 passive monthly income flowing in. ( in Indonesia banking $4000/mo is already great, but of course I'm not gonna stop there - it's my first destination ) I'm currently making $12,000 / year, give or take.

I'm still not sure of the means - but one thing for sure I'm gonna' use the internet. There's a lot of ideas going on in my head right now, but just like MJ said in his book - an idea is worthless until you execute it - so I'm not going to elaborate further.

I guess that's quite enough for now about me. Looking forward to building great networking with you guys.
Let's start our road trip to wealth together and enjoy the scenery along the way, even with all the potholes and the bumpy road. :thumbsup:

Oh, here's my FB just in case you wanna hit me up : stevenhanjaya@yahoo.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Welcome to the forum Steve!

I have an affinity with Indonesia, having grown up there. Awesome country, awesome people, awesome food (I miss satay and the fruit!).

Anyway, just thought I'd reach out and welcome you!

Steve Han

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 25, 2012
Hi nzerinto! Thanks for reaching out to me - it's such a warm welcome.

You grew up in Indonesia? But you were born in Toronto?
When was the last time you went to Indonesia? Drop me a message next time you're planning to visit Surabaya.

I'll take you places and show you some of the best spots for eating satay..:)

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Welcome..from a bar in Bangkok
I felt like checking the forum for some reason. I plan on hitting Bali within a year so I hope you stick around so I can ask for advice. Waiting for my daughter to age a little before the trip

Steve Han

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 25, 2012
@vladsoriano : Thanks for the warm welcome..wishing all the best for you too..

@Jake : Thanks Jake, when you go to Bali let me know. I'll try my best to be your trusted guide during your trip then..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...