The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A motivational technique I've been implementing for a few months now...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Mr.Donnerhuhn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Aug 2, 2015
Hey everybody,

Just wanted to pop in and share something that I've been using as a motivational tool that I've not heard mentioned around here: emailing myself, one month in the future.

Using www.futureme.org you can compose an email to yourself and choose a date in the future in which to send it.

This has a powerful effect on me, both when I'm composing the email and when I read it when I get one from the previous month.

As an example, here's the email I just wrote to myself that I'll be receiving in April:

Dear slightly more fit, wealthier, more bold and courageous me,

You are welcome.

I dedicated all of my time to providing you with the gifts that now lay before you.

Your increased strength and health comes from the sacrifices I made, the sweat, the denial of instant gratification, the presence of mind to make the right decisions.

Your wealth comes from the work I put in: writing copy, designing web pages, doing research for your blog articles & book, making calls that I was intimated and scared to make, working through the bugs in your software so that it would run more seamlessly on all available platforms.

These things took up my time and energy. I could have screwed around, played video games, cracked a few more beers, etc... But I didn't. I thought about you and decided it was in your best interest for me to make the sacrifices on your behalf.

I am you in March of 2016, and if you're reading this...I am gone, forever. I gave everything that I was to help you be prepared to achieve. Please bear this in mind moving forward, be everything you can and do everything you can. Do not let my sacrifices, and my struggles, and my efforts be in vain.

I believe you will succeed.

Cheers, my friend.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.