The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

RANT A MAJOR problem in Social Media

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Penguin

Contributor
Apr 14, 2018
Seeing things like this on Social media is kind of sad if you ask me. They just put numbers there and try to make it seem like it is soooooo easy.I personally do not have the success (I am trying) others on the forum have but when I see people on social media put out stuff like this it makes me sad for the people who see this and think it is incredibly simple to do. I get that this is the kind of stuff you see on Social media but it still makes me feel a certain way.

<end RANT>

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Attachments

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Those numbers look so easy. No need to count expenses or taxes those don't count lol.

"Just get 250 people to give you $333 a month dude. Easy."

AnAverageJoe

remember that you will die
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC
But it is that easy. MJ even says something similar to this in TMF.

Most things on social media are a complete waste of time. But this is true. It just lays out the numbers.

It's up to us to find a need and execute to make those numbers a reality.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Contributor
Apr 14, 2018
It is that simple. People fail at execution. I am, one of those, people.
I do not know if you meant you fail at execution in a bad way but if you do change your mindset from what I have noticed it helps around here :smile2:

lewj24

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
But it is that easy. MJ even says something similar to this in TMF.
Yes, but this is backwards. You don't go, "How can I get 250 people to pay me $333 per month?" before starting a successful business. The math works and knowing your numbers are important but this approach doesn't make sense.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
This is one of those feel-good motivational/success type posts on FB/IG, that gets shared around among friends, everyone gives it a Like, feel good, pat and slap each others' back, then move on and go about their daily slowlaners/sidewalker life, until the next such post comes along and the cycle repeats.

AnAverageJoe

remember that you will die
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC
Yes, but this is backwards. You don't go, "How can I get 250 people to pay me $333 per month?" before starting a successful business. The math works and knowing your numbers are important but this approach doesn't make sense.
Yeah, I don't think this is the way you should start/build your business. It's just a quick breakdown of the numbers to show people it's possible. The content is good, but if you are just using it for a quick motivational boost or to action fake, you obviously aren't going to get anywhere.

WaterWerks

Contributor
Mar 25, 2018
NYC
i used to think things were hard, until i started doing them.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Argue

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
That post is mental masturbation for action-fakers. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Big thanks to @Fox and to @mjb234 (a student of this course) for helping me with my business’s...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@LynX You know, this is a "Marketplace" Thread. Completely appropriate to offer goods and...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock