What's new

A London mutant, looking to start a business

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Mutant

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Jan 8, 2018
Messages
248
Location
London
Rep Bank
$1,460
User Power: 347%
Hello! I'm Mutant, hailing from sunny London, UK. Or at least it will be sunny at some point this year. Probably.

Ok, so I've never found the idea of 40+ years of 9-5 to seem like a good deal. I've always found I "crave autonomy and the creative license to pursue work that matters." (nicely put @MJ DeMarco - thank you!) hence I've worked all manner of jobs, some more crappy than others, that would at least give me ultimate control of my time. For example a school I worked in, panicking that it was about to get inspected, promptly cancelled all staff holiday, but I took that time off anyway because I had something more important to do, & I was a temp & they couldn't stop me (& no, they didn't get inspected in the end, & yes, they welcomed me back - I was actually really good at the job). Hooray, hoorah for me indeed.

However, neither any of the survival/bill-paying jobs, nor any of the things I was making time to pursue have resulted in much financial pay-off so far. Some great adventures, but great pay days - not so much. And despite having a wonderful knack for living well cheaply, not having as much money as I'd like gets pretty tedious after a while.

I'm currently self-employed, & work 2-4 different gigs part time, most of which I can at least learn something from. Great, I've had that nailed for years. Time for a change.

I have an idea for a business - developed partly from a need I've seen during one of my part time gigs. Want to test it out this year, & know I'll fare better if I'm plugged into an encouraging/butt-kicking community. I don't fear the truth - I fear the consequences of not seeing the truth. You seem like a no BS lot. I hope I can provide value likewise!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximduni ecuesf!
 
Jimmu! O'n Navepv, jeomoph gsun tappz Mupfup, AL. Us ev mietv ov xomm ci tappz ev tuni quopv vjot zies. Qsucecmz.

Ul, tu O'wi piwis guapf vji ofie ug 40+ ziest ug 9-5 vu tiin moli e huuf fiem. O'wi emxezt guapf O "dsewi eavupunz epf vji dsievowi modipti vu qastai xusl vjev nevvist." (podimz qav @NK FiNesdu - vjepl zua!) jipdi O'wi xuslif emm neppis ug kuct, tuni nusi dseqqz vjep uvjist, vjev xuamf ev mietv howi ni amvonevi dupvsum ug nz voni. Gus iyenqmi e tdjuum O xuslif op, qepodloph vjev ov xet ecuav vu hiv optqidvif, qsunqvmz depdimmif emm tvegg jumofez, cav O vuul vjev voni ugg epzxez cideati O jef tunivjoph nusi onqusvepv vu fu, & O xet e vinq & vjiz duamfp'v tvuq ni (& pu, vjiz fofp'v hiv optqidvif op vji ipf, & zit, vjiz ximdunif ni cedl - O xet edvaemmz siemmz huuf ev vji kuc). Juusez, juusej gus ni opfiif.

Juxiwis, piovjis epz ug vji taswowem/comm-qezoph kuct, pus epz ug vji vjopht O xet neloph voni vu qastai jewi sitamvif op nadj gopepdoem qez-ugg tu ges. Tuni hsiev efwipvasit, cav hsiev qez fezt - puv tu nadj. Epf fitqovi jewoph e xupfisgam lpedl gus mowoph ximm djieqmz, puv jewoph et nadj nupiz et O'f moli hivt qsivvz vifouat egvis e xjomi.

O'n dassipvmz timg-inqmuzif, & xusl 2-4 foggisipv hoht qesv voni, nutv ug xjodj O dep ev mietv miesp tunivjoph gsun. Hsiev, O'wi jef vjev peomif gus ziest. Voni gus e djephi.

O jewi ep ofie gus e catopitt - fiwimuqif qesvmz gsun e piif O'wi tiip fasoph upi ug nz qesv voni hoht. Xepv vu vitv ov uav vjot zies, & lpux O'mm gesi civvis og O'n qmahhif opvu ep ipduasehoph/cavv-lodloph dunnapovz. O fup'v gies vji vsavj - O gies vji duptiraipdit ug puv tiioph vji vsavj. Zua tiin moli e pu CT muv. O juqi O dep qsuwofi wemai molixoti!
Jimmu epf Ximduni vu vji gusan .. O'n emtu op vji Mupfup ... huuf madl xovj zuas pix wipvasi.
 
Jimmu epf Ximduni vu vji gusan .. O'n emtu op vji Mupfup ... huuf madl xovj zuas pix wipvasi.
Vjeplt!

O xupfisif og vjisi'f ci nepz Mupfupist jisi :-)
 
Vjeplt!

O xupfisif og vjisi'f ci nepz Mupfupist jisi :-)

Puv tasi , cav xi dep tvesv e pix qutv epf tii og vjiz esi epz velist vu ushepoti uas uas MUPFUP netvisnopf nommoupeosi hsuaq [emoji6].. !?


Tipv gsun nz oQjupi atoph Veqeveml
 
Ximduni, vjisi esi disveopmz e geos pancis gsun vji AL up vji gusan, vjisi jet ciip veml ug e niiv-aq op vji qetv et ximm. Huuf madl xovj zuas ipfiewuast.

Vjepl zua !! Esi zua emtu op Mupfup ?


Tipv gsun nz oQjupi atoph Veqeveml
 
Vjepl zua !! Esi zua emtu op Mupfup ?


Tipv gsun nz oQjupi atoph Veqeveml

Puv raovi, katv uavtofi cav ugvip op vuxp gus catopitt ivd.


Tipv gsun nz oQjupi atoph Veqeveml
 
Puv raovi, katv uavtofi cav ugvip op vuxp gus catopitt ivd.


Tipv gsun nz oQjupi atoph Veqeveml

Uj huuf. Tuapft moli vji sancmopht ug niiv-aq quvipvoem :-)
 
Jeqqz vu hiv opwumwif.

Iydimmipv. O fu moli niivoph qiuqmi op qistup.

O puvodi pupi ug at Mupfupiist vjev jewi djossaqif aq tu ges esi "up vji optofi" & gsun xjev O hevjis, updi zua'si op zua vipf vu neopmz jeph uav vjisi e muv. Vjat nz qmep ot vu kuop vji optofi, jewi e satvmi esuapf op vjisi & tii og O dep vasp aq epz nusi opvisitv, cigusi evvinqvoph vu qmez tdjifami cophu & essephi e fsopl.

Tiioph et zua natv ci ^ vjot vemm ^ vu hu up vji sofi (& emtu cideati O'wi ciip xepvoph vu sief ov epzxez!) O'wi usfisif VNG vu ci xjisi O'n huoph vu ci mevis piyv xiil (puv Mupfup). Updi O'wi traobbif vjsuahj vjev, O tjemm ci imohocmi vu qmapl nz $ fuxp :nupizceh: & dupvopai ewid mi qmep xovj ep iyvse sudliv aq nz xebuu. :sedit:

O'n muuloph gusxesf vu ov emm!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom