The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

a little different way of looking at Quantitative Easing

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey guys,

Im starting this thread in response to some other threads Ive seen ghosting around in this forum. The topic in the other threads were about how low wage workers are getting such "huge relief packages" due to corona, and how its completely unfair compared to the other harder working people.

This got me thinking, because actually, whats really happening is that people on all levels: mainly business owners, are also getting the same relief packages, relatively seen, even bigger ones !!

Sure, an unemployed or unsalaried worker is getting some relief right now, but so is the middle class and so are business owners. And the packages are higher... like way higher.

If you are somebody who already had a running business before corona, in Germany at least, you are now able to apply for pretty good financial relief packages. Even for 1 person companies. This opens a whole other world of opportunities.

Im in the situation myself right now. I run a 1 person private company, adding my first employee on 01.05.2020.

The relief im able to apply for is equal to a total of 11,5k Euros (9000 Euros from federal relief and 2500 from state programs).

This is going to be huge for my business, I cant believe its happening! Im so excited... but there has to be negative side effects to all of this, right? I mean.. there must be?

I dont even want to start talking about the relief packages that bigger companies are getting. 5 people+, 25 people+, 150 people+ and 250 people+ companies, the relief packages get bigger and bigger.

Once you're talking about more than 250 employees, the relief packages are somewhere in the billions, its insane!

Until now, I haven't even dared to imagine how scary all of this could become. And I have to admit, im kind of worried.

Corona just seems like the tip of the iceberg, compared to whats still to come in terms of economic crisis.

I really dont want to paint the picture too black, I mean, we have already survived the last crises that happened and after all, im an optimist who believes we will also conquer this one.

A lot of change is happening and there are opportunities everywhere. Think about it... usually mega opportunities as these would not present themselves in everyday life during a bull or normal stable economy. In fact, they wouldn't even exist. Now is the time to become the next Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk.

Millionaires, no... billionaires.. will be made. Who knows, we might even see the worlds first trillionaire emerge from this crisis!

Keep your eyes open and lets all come out of this crisis stronger than ever :cool:

Stay safe out there guys and im looking forward to a bumpy ride, with good times ahead!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

valuecreator

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Apr 16, 2015
Australia
The money printing has nothing to do with helping people - this is the pretext.

In the current system, money is debt. There's an interest rate attached to every $ created (borrowed into existence). Because of this, the system is a slave to the compound interest equation. Everything they're doing is kicking the can all the way to the mathematical conclusion.

That's why Trump was monetizing debt (deficit) twice as much as Obama and the GOP didn't say a word. They all know that. This "pandemic" is a psy-op. This is really a financial reset. The BIS and many Central Banks have been warning us this was coming all last year - they always let us know but nobody is listening.

Covid – 19 = Jubilee 2.0

Historically, Jubilee forgives the debts of the poor every 7 years. Every 49 (7×7) years, there is the restoration of property to its rightful owners.

This Jubilee 2.0 takes advantage of the virus to forgives the debt of the elites and restore the property to the lenders. This is a Reset to continue operations.

As an investor, understanding all of the above guides you which asset class to be in at times like these. I sleep very well at night.
If you believe the current official narrative, all I can say is good luck to you.
This is gonna get Darwinian real fast.

Last edited:

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
Sure for some this will create opportunity. Some have already benefited due to the pandemic which is why some people speculate whether or not this was not an act of god, but a deliberate act of bio-terrorism. I don't have any answers and I don't blindly trust potentially compromised people.

It's worth noting that some of the damage has been done long before these "benefit" packages became a thing in some countries.

And here in Canada, they are going to likely approve a ton of people for this "benefit" but they are going to make anyone they deem unqualified pay back this "benefit" at a later date. At least that was my understanding from it.

Ultimately, this "pandemic" is likely not the end of the world. Start a business, pivot from your current business, buy a business or businesses, invest in X, do whatever is needed to provide others value, etc.

I still feel overwhelmed by my current clients, so I am hunkered down all day in my office regardless of social distancing... I really should hire some contract talent soon... Anyways, I got my little rant in for the day. Hope everyone is safe and well. :)

ShepardHumphries

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 5, 2020
Value vouchers must have value attached to be value vouchers. Central bank money has only one arguable value, and that is that many people think it has value.

In the US, the $2 trillion+ CARES Act and other similar actions are only of material value to two groups.
  • W4 people that have household expenses of under $2,000USD per month, including mortgage/rent, health insurance, vehicle, etc.
  • Businesses that are "too big to fail"
For small business owners with some assets to their name (a house with some equity, a rental apartment with a little equity, investments etc), the government's welfare offers are not of material use. For example, a guy with a trade business sole proprietorship grossing $400k a year, with $60k in annual owner's draws and other benefits will not receive material "help."

McDonalds employees will be helped, as will large financial services companies. Most entrepreneurs will not be "helped" by the welfare offerings in the US.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Value vouchers must have value attached to be value vouchers. Central bank money has only one arguable value, and that is that many people think it has value.

In the US, the $2 trillion+ CARES Act and other similar actions are only of material value to two groups.
  • W4 people that have household expenses of under $2,000USD per month, including mortgage/rent, health insurance, vehicle, etc.
  • Businesses that are "too big to fail"
For small business owners with some assets to their name (a house with some equity, a rental apartment with a little equity, investments etc), the government's welfare offers are not of material use. For example, a guy with a trade business sole proprietorship grossing $400k a year, with $60k in annual owner's draws and other benefits will not receive material "help."

McDonalds employees will be helped, as will large financial services companies. Most entrepreneurs will not be "helped" by the welfare offerings in the US.

Interesting points about what its like in the US.

I will be applying for the benefit packages available to me next week on Tuesday (11,5k maximum, as mentioned). Lets see what happens..

Either way, thanks for clarifying the situation, at least to understand how it is in the US.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.