The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Hustler's Guide To Buying And Selling Anything (Part 2)

D

DeletedUser394

Sold some language learning audio tapes on the way home. +$100

The first thing anyone should do if they need startup cash is sell as much of your stuff as possible. Seems obvious, but some people are too attached to their crap. It's all mostly meaningless junk.

I'm a minimalist, so I don't have much excess, but that's my next step. Liquidate anything I don't use or can't justify keeping. Only have a few things worth over $100 that I'll be looking to sell. Every bit helps.

Tomorrow I'm acting as middle man for a silver bullion deal. Only worth about $50 in my pocket I think, but it's easy money.

SeanyHang

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
May 24, 2013
New Jersey
@Nicoknowsbest Hell yea man. Terapeak rocks.. If your importing goods it makes your life 100x easier because all the selling information is right-freakin-there.. you don't need to dig through pages of completed listings and make an estimate as to what you'll get. Just buy it for the year if you're serious about selling on ebay.. It'll pay for itsself.

Also people, lurkers, and timid, alike - If you're having analysis paralysis with this particular type of "craigslist hustle"... Just stop it. Stop it right now.

I SAID STOP.
giphy.gif

Literally, here's what you do. Go on craigslist. Find something that strikes you as interesting or something that you think to yourself "HEY... I BET I CAN MAKE SOME MONEY ON THIS! :-D ". Check ebay completed listings for that item. Can you sell the item on ebay for more than you can buy it on craiglist? Will the profit cover your gas spent driving, time spent, and possible postage/paypal fees (if you sell on ebay)? Cool. Get the item. Take pictures of the item. Write your copy (for things like this you don't have to write the most beautiful copy on earth like you would if your selling a $1999 info product). Sell said item. Repeat.

That's it.

@GrumpyCat is KILLING it with this stuff, not because he's some genius who wrote the worlds most astounding code after spending 5 years at some coding school, and is marketing it better than anything that's ever been marketing it ( Not that you're not a genius, Grumpy - you da man ;-) :p ). He's killing it because he just f**king GOES FOR IT. He just does it.

SO. Give it a try. Set a 100 dollar limit to start if you want and just see if you can turn that into 120. If you get a bad deal and somehow you can't sell your item at all - well then your only out 100 bucks... And if you're on this forum, taking the advice from these people.. You're going to make it back.

GODSPEED.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
So is this just a place to post your current hustled items? In that case I have a pretty good one.

Little sister was selling boxes of grapefruit and oranges for a school fundraiser. Many other schools in the area participated, all from the same supplier. It turns out one of the schools accidently ordered 100 extra boxes of fruit, for orders that they could not fill. The truck was coming at 9AM this morning, and regardless, the school would have had to pay for it.

So I looked up the principal's number for that school, called the F*cker at midnight the night before, woke his a$$ up out of bed, asking if he wanted to cut his losses. Instead of telling his boss that he accidently wasted a few thousand dollars, he decided to let me buy the 100 boxes at $5/box.

Long story short, I posted the fruit on CL at $20/box. Keep in mind these are 20 pound boxes, so $1/lb for fresh fruit is still less than the supermarket. People have been hopping all over this deal. Got them today and already have 13 boxes lined up as well as a guy who wants to buy in bulk for his Christmas party.

All goes well, I make $1500 profit in a week or so of work. If they don't sell by then, I'll donate them to a food bank, since I only have to sell 25 boxes to break even.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
Everyday I'm hustling...
I stumbled upon RichKid's alias @GrumpyCat's thread https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...-to-buying-and-selling-anything-part-1.35889/ around 3 weeks ago. I read through it, took notes, reread the notes and finally narrowed it down to a relatively short cheat sheet with my personal main takeaways. After also reading @MichaelGrey's https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...-guide-to-the-fastlane-by-michael-grey.46884/ and his update https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...nths-later-you-might-want-to-read-this.55438/, I decided it was time to get active myself.

On this spot - huge respect for you guys. You showed where a lot of drive can take you to within a very short amount of time AND limited capital. Thanks for sharing your experiences - I learned a ton!

I'm in the hustling game since Tuesday this week. I started out with around 300 Euros and met my initially goal of buying 5 items the same day. I am using a Craigslist equivalent here in Austria, which works almost identically. Here is what I did:
  • I started looking for some common items such as iPhones and iPods. I was checking back and fourth on Ebay to find deals that are worthwhile. I found some okay deals, nothing too great, but I wanted to get going. If I could break even, I'll take the first couple of days as a learning experience. For me at this point, it was mainly about taking action and getting rid of fear.
  • I switched category and found much better deals. Bought two cameras for a good price.
  • I just finished listing all my items. I focused on nice and clean pictures and a solid copywriting with all details and a personal approach. Lost a lot of time doing all this, but later on, I will streamline the process.
  • 5 minutes after I finished my listings, I got a call from a potential buyer. While I was listing my items, I realized that I made some bad decisions concerning iPods - so I settled on a break-even deal with the buyer who is gonna come in an hour to pick up the iPod.
  • If the rest of the deals goes according to what I planned, I will still make a profit of around 100 Euros. Nothing big, but hey, I started :)
Lessons Learned So Far
A lot of what has been said already turned out to be totally true, despite the difference in location and therefore, also culture. My main takeaways are the following:
  • It is very hard to find worthwhile deals on used iPods and iPhones here, especially older models. Focusing on a different niche that is less frequented with less experienced people will hopefully solve this for me. As soon as I have my capital back, I will dig into this.
  • Buy bundles. I was running around the city like a madman, only to buy single used iPods. When you buy bundles, you streamline your input (time and money) as well as have more room for bargaining. Items bought in lots and sold separately are almost a guaranteed profit.
Hustling stuff on Craigslist and similar websites has numerous advantages. Apart from the lessons mentioned by @MJ DeMarco in the first part, I find a huge benefit in learning how to
  • Value a variety of items
  • Spot what people want
Huslting has so much potential, if done right. For anyone starting out and trying to get on the fastlane, I can only recommend you to start hustling today. In the last few days, my perception of things and my vision changed, but most of all, it sharpened. If you want to learn business, start here. Can't wait to see where this journey will take me. Good luck all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DeletedUser394

Just a heads up.

A common tactic used by buyers is to ask for a lower price once they show up. This is a good strategy to use when you are buying, but a bad way to eat into your profit when you are doing the selling.

For example, back in the day let's say I was selling an item for $175. Well, I meet the buyer and he/she asks if I would take $150? Back then I would have said yes, fearing that I'd lose the sale.

Fast forward to nowadays. The answer to the question is always 'No.' Just that. No reason, no justification. Just 'no'. One time a guy pretended he brought the wrong amount of money. My response? 'No.'... and guess what, magically he found the missing money to pay me in full! ;)

Same thing happened five minutes ago. Guy asks if he can have it for slightly less.. my answer was no... so he went to a bank machine and got me my money.

Embrace the word 'no'. Become one with it. Stop worrying that you'll lose a sale. Sometimes you will lose the sale. But over time you'll come out on top.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

THIS THREAD IS A CONTINUATION OF THIS THREAD
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...-to-buying-and-selling-anything-part-1.35889/

New Hustling Challenge 2015!

Ok folks, I want to get this thread to #1 on the forum, so I'm starting up a new challenge. Everyone else, I encourage you to keep posting questions, goals, accomplishments, deals, whatever. Let's do this.

In Canada we have something called a TFSA (Tax Free Savings Account). You can hold anything in it and never pay any capital gains tax. No tax? Heck yes, f the gov haha.

Because I turned 18 a year after the program started, I currently have $26,000 worth of contribution room.

YTD I've contributed $5,600, leaving a contribution room of $20,400. We don't know what the contribution room will be for 2015 yet, but it's at least $5,500 and I'll add whatever it is to the total when the information comes out.

The goal is to use hustling to max this puppy out in 2015. I'll be throwing it all into a single ETF that tracks the TSX. I have other investments, so there's no need to diversify here.

Taking this to the moon.

Untitled.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DeletedUser394

I'll be honest, I was too lazy/tired to do the coin deal today, so I'll do it tomorrow.

B-b-b-b-but, when I went home tonight I found an envelope neatly tucked away in my mailbox. I opened it up.. IT WAS A CHECK FOR $1,000. Don't you love random checks?

Rushed that to the bank.

Untitled.png

Moved $650 to the TFSA. Keeping the rest right now for possible flipping opportunities.

We're at $6,500 of $26,000 (25%!)

My Strategy to reach this goal

There are 3 main steps to reaching this goal (and any relevant goal)

Step 1: Take inventory of personal possessions. If you can't eat it, wear it, or sleep on it.. guess what, it's now for sale! Sell everything.

Step 2: Decrease your cost of living. Most people are leveraged and one missed paycheck away from serious trouble. Don't be that person. My budget right now is so low, I'm fairly certain I'd be considered below the poverty line. Things move quick when you're banking 80% of what you're bringing in.

Step 3: Find ways to increase income. Standard hustling, job, second job, cash job, contracts, whatever. Anything that puts money into your account is good.

Not sleeping tonight until I inventory everything. (don't have to list tonight, just inventory). As mentioned before, I don't have many possessions because of minimalism, but I can still stack a few more benjamins from this crap.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
Hey Hustlers!

I just wanted to post a quick refresher and add some new lessons for some of you. I started hustling hard this week and thought I'd share some of my most important experiences with you.

01 - "Lowballing Follow Up"
If you send out emails with lowball offers and people reply, but make a funny comment about your offer or how low it is and they'd never sell for that, follow up and make a second, improved offer. They took the time to reply - this means they are willing to sell to you. Use this to your advantage. In my experience, on the second, the latest on the third offer they agree and I am still well below the market average.

02 - "Lowball Combination"
I found that you increase your chances of getting a good deal when buying by adding one small thing. When I lowball, I always add the following: I can come pick it up today, or even now. This got me a lot more responses, since people want to get rid of their stuff quickly.

03 - "Carry Cash"
Sometimes, it happens to me that I send out my lowballing offers and then go for another pickup in the city. Meanwhile, I get a call or email that they agreed to my price, if I come now. Well, if you don't have enough cash with you, the deal is gone (if you are dealing with expensive items, this might be a bit more delicate).

04 - "Count Your Cash"
It happened to me that I agreed on a price for an item and once I arrived there, the price suddenly went back to what it was before the agreement. Since then, I count out the cash I agreed on to buy the item for and put it in my wallet. If I have surplus cash, I put it somewhere else, like my jacket or jeans. When someone tries to pull this off on me, I tell them I have what we agreed on, show them and tell them that I buy it for the agreed price or I'll leave. Works in 9 out of 10 times.

05 - "Don't Be Afraid To Walk Away"
One of my first deals went as follows. I bought an iPod for 50 bucks and put it online for 65. Nothing too big, but took me 30 minutes and was one of my first hustles. 5 minutes after I put the ad online I got a call from a guy wanting to buy it. He wanted to push the price and referred to an offer on another site. I agree on 60. He said he had to come by car for quite a while and started now. Meanwhile, I checked for this site online (I have never heard of it before), and didn't find it. 20 minutes later, he called me again and asked me if the manual for the iPod was part of the package as well (I never advertised it like this). He said that we need to work on the price a little more if I missed the manual, but we would do that when after arriving. The third time he called me, he should have been away around 20 minutes by car, still. He asked me for the original packaging, which I didn't have (and I also never advertised it with it). He said he'd buy it for 50 in this case. While on the phone, I could hear the same ambulance that just passed in my street. I said I wouldn't sell it to him for 50. 60 it is or nothing. He pushed me, since he came so "far". I walked away from the deal and sold it the next day for 63. Just had another guy trying something similar with me. I refused and 10 minutes later I arranged a meeting for 20% of what I got offered before. I am open for bargains, since they are included in my initial asking price. But don't f**k with me.

Might seem like simple lessons, but I found them pretty helpful. Maybe they will help you too. In one way or another :)
All in all, the old saying "Cash is king" cannot be more true. Hustling is about being QUICK. Be quick when you buy and be quick when you sell.
Happy hustlin'!

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
01 - "Lowballing Follow Up"
If you send out emails with lowball offers and people reply, but make a funny comment about your offer or how low it is and they'd never sell for that, follow up and make a second, improved offer. They took the time to reply - this means they are willing to sell to you. Use this to your advantage. In my experience, on the second, the latest on the third offer they agree and I am still well below the market average.

Another strategy that I much prefer, is to tell people that reply "No worries, if you change your mind let me know, I have cash in hand."

I've played more than enough of the back and forth negotiating game with Craigslist people only to have it go nowhere. I'd much rather they just text me back to accept my offer. No bullshit, right on to when/where to meet.

The best are the people that get pissed/offended by a lowball offer, then come squirming back days/weeks later. Last week I offered a guy $90 on his item that he was asking $190 on. He told me to go F*ck myself. 2 days later sends me an email apologizing and saying he will happily sell it for $90 if I really do have cash in hand. I met him 45 minutes later.

D

DeletedUser394

No one hustling anymore?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Life is one giant hustle.

I'm sure there are many here still doing this behind the scenes.

Most people use this as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
"if it sounds too good to be true, it often is."

Yesterday, I bought an item from a women for a killer deal. The profit margins were hefty, $200.

However, later that night just when I thought everything was going well, I get a phone call from the women.

She hands over the phone to her husband and he proceeded to throw a flurry of expletives and threatens me.

He spoke angrily and rapidly wanting back his item. Seems as if the wife sold his goods without him knowing. I don't want any part of this. I will return the item.

Just a reminder, stay safe out there when hustling guys and gals. When dealing with ghetto people who don't have their emotional needs meant, they may retaliate in ways you could not even imagine.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
Sorry if that comes off as harsh. But if you can't be motivated by hustling, which is like the easiest low hanging fruit out there (as in start day with $100, end day with $200), how do you expect to stay motivated to a real business?
I'd suggest anyone considering starting a business with little experience to hustle for 6 months. This will teach them a ton about business in a very short time and acts as a reality check.

AND - you get paid to learn.

Additional motivation? Please.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
You know, I was actually thinking of doing the opposite, or at least closer to both ends of the spectrum now after reading your post.

I remember you said you wouldn't waste time with anything under a $50 profit. I used that as my guideline, so I passed up on a few items that I probably could have profited $10-$30 from (but still they take time), and now I'm thinking...that is better than nothing.

But of course I will still keep a look out for the big flips, but now I have to risk more of my cash.

I think you hold yourself back by making "rules" like not buying anything with under $50 profit. There are way more things to consider.

If you can buy an item for $15 and sell it for $60, and don't do it, you're missing out.
If you can buy 10x items for $11 and sell them for $19 each quickly, and don't do it, you're missing out.

Look for:
-profit margin
-how fast you can turn it around and have cash again
-ROI ($35 profit on $10 is great, $35 profit on $200 is bad)

Then determine if it's worth it to you. You don't need to make up any mathematical formulas for it, just decide what's worth your time.

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Bought a bike for $200. Sold it today for $330. Profit $130.
Bought a glass chess set for $10. Sold it today for $35. Profit $25.
Bought a Gameboy Pocket for $10. Sold for it today for $20 through Amazon. Profit $10.

Up about $165 profits for the day! Not bad. (Note this does not happen everyday)

Tip #1: There is a difference between a person who wants to sell vs. a person who needs to sell.
Tip #2: You make money when you buy, not when you sell.
Tip #3: "Don't be afraid to make 10-20 ridiculous offers before someone says yes. What do you care? If you didn't get at least one "you are an a**hole" response, you are probably not going deep enough" Quote by @Vigilante
Tip #4: Pick up the damn phone!
Tip #5: Add Value.
Tip #6: No emotions. Remember, its just a business transaction.

I just started a couple months ago. I live in LA. If anyone has it hard, its me. All the prices are jacked up. If I go in there soft as "Charmin", I probably won't get anything.

D

DeletedUser394

Mini rant time.

I wish more people possessed the common decency to reply after getting past the initial (is it available, when are we meeting) stage.

For example yesterday afternoon a woman contacts me wanting to buy a PS3 that I have listed. So we go back and forth, half a dozen emails, etc.

Then suddenly nothing from her. So I email her saying that I understand if she has changed her mind, to please let me know as it would affect my plans today slightly.

No response whatsoever. It would take 15 seconds out of her life to say, 'yes I've changed my mind, sorry'. But no. No response.

You know, when things like this happen, considering I have all of these people's emails I feel like signing them up to a bunch of porn sites so that it floods their inboxes lol.

Still haven't ruled it out ;)

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
can someone tell me what obo means?
craigslist term

It means "I'm desperate for cash so offer me 50% of my asking price and I'll accept."

At least, that's what I take it to mean.

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
Thank you for that.
Great post.

Well you can make so much out of flipping..
I mean if you start with 100$ you can flip games. Later phones/consoles. Then may transition to laptops when you got 5k.
After that with 10k you can start buy and sell luxury watches like Sean Corroon does.

After that with 10-20k cars.
With 30k you can start to buy boats maybe and sit on them for a while. (For 10k profit you can sit on them for a month or even more)

After boats maybe homes, luxury cars, whatever.

I love that, there is so much potential in flipping.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
Been at it for a week and a half, not finding much deals. Any tips?

I've been using the keywords from the lambo forums and I've read through both threads. Tried some of my own keywords and also going through all new listings one by one without keywords.

I can't seem to find that many cash strapped people + my low ball offers aren't getting any responses. There's also an insane amount of scams I have to filter through.

Every market is slightly different. Two facts that remain the same, ANYWHERE.
1.) People are buying and selling EVERY DAY, all over the world.
2.) Some people desperately NEED money.

When I started out here in my city, I quickly ran into similar problems. With these two facts in mind, I started digging. I ran some tests, I called some people, I experimented. 3 things I want to share with you that might help you (they helped me too):

In case you cannot find proper deals, change your strategy.

1.) Geo-arbitrage
Find something people WANT and go source it somewhere else.

2.) Pawn shops
People need money for different things and are willing to sell for a lot less. Are these people online? In my case, not really. Think about where you can find them to buy their stuff.

3.) Thrift shops
Buy things for cheap prices and auction them off on Ebay. Same rules as always apply here (great condition, existing market for it,...)

Hope that helps :)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
There's a Goodwill 'outlet' store near me. I buy everything for $1.00. My markups are insane. I'm working hard to pay for my Meetup trip.

Did you know that Goodwill just sells the stuff you donate to them for profit and keeps the profit? They donate actually donate any money to anyone. Maybe that's why they don't markup alot? I'll have to go inside one and shop to see what their pricing is like.

Their "goodwill" is providing the employees in their stores jobs! Just found out about that a few weeks ago. Now I don't want to donate anymore stuff there.

D

DeletedUser394

I couldn't sleep last night (only managed from 6am-8:30am lol) so I spent the night contacting every cleaner offering his/her services. I then matched them to job postings.

I've mentioned this in other threads, but this is an opportunity as nobody actually reads any of the ads. The people that post resumes don't bother to look at the jobs. I guess they think the employers will. And the employers that post jobs don't look at the resumes.

So I've been actively matching them and offering them the connection if they agree to pay me a 'royalty' or finders fee. If they say no, I offer it to the next person until someone says yes.

What's to keep them from going back on their word? Nothing. But a lot of this hustling stuff is based on trust.. or at least some faith in human decency anyway.

It's still early, but I can say that I can realistically expect about $660/month from these connections. (That's the $160/month from the first contract, plus 3 more that I've since added on). They don't all equal $160/month obviously.

I think this is going to be my angle. I'm hesitant to restart buying and selling, because at the end of the day it was exciting.. but also a major pain in the a$$.

I'm pretty grumpy and irritated so hopefully tonight will be smoother haha.

Sean Corroon

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
May 4, 2014
Dubai, UAE
I think buying high class watches is a huge risk, because todays fakes are brillant!

True I have been fascinated with rolex since I was 12 I think you have to just know how to spot a fake. I have seen some very good fakes out there but there are a ton of things I go over to check that its genuine! A Rolex is safer in my eyes then phones and laptops as rolex will increase in value where phones will fall when a new ones come out... If I showed you how much a rolex submariner was selling 10 years ago and how much more they are selling now you wouldn't believe me!

When determining whether the rolex is real are not depends on what watch you are looking at. For example a rolex submariner with a date magnifier magnifys a number at 2.5% where fakes are usually 1.5%. Also rolex should contain a coronet or a crown if you will laser etched in the glass at the bottom. This should not be easily visible but needs light to be shone on the glass at a 45 degree angle to be viewed. Some very good fakes have these but they are too large! Also rolex started printing the serial codes for each watch in the rehaut around the face of the watch around 2004. This serial should match with the card it should come with. I personally dont buy watches without the cards as they are hard to sell and easier to fake.
Also I usually ONLY buy steel watches as these retain there value best and are the best sellers !

As for other brands... patek phillipe and panerai are also good watches for resale but patek is quite alot more expensive then rolex they are in a complete different league.

Which model Rolex are you looking to buy?

Sweeetland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 13, 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
So back in September I'd thought I would give this hustling business a go.

Starting with £300 I set myself a target of £1,000 by christmas.

I've gone back home to my parents for the festive period so I've sold all my inventory off and now I have nearly £1,200!

It's not loads by any means but I am pleased with my efforts. I have only been dealing with iPads and in the new year I hope to progress on to iPhones, MacBooks and hopefully cars when I've got a little more cash. I honestly feel I could have worked harder and saved more too.

Thank you to the forum and threads like this one for giving me the know-how and motivation to take action.

Next Goal: £15k by next christmas!!!

Merry Christmas All :)

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
How much profit are you guys taking in weekly and on how many items? Ballpark ranges are fine. Just looking for some extra motivation to hustle!

Are you serious? This thread was started 4 years ago and is still ongoing. 4 years of Richkid and several others, myself included, making money doing this. If that's not "motivation" enough I don't know what is.

Sorry if that comes off as harsh. But if you can't be motivated by hustling, which is like the easiest low hanging fruit out there (as in start day with $100, end day with $200), how do you expect to stay motivated to a real business?

D

DeletedUser394

Back in the game.

Speed skating season is over so I've got a few months to work towards this goal ($31,500 I think it was). I still have dryland training and the cycling season, but that's not as time consuming.

Anyway, I drained the account a while back to put towards another project, so we're restarting this at square 1.

In the past week I funded it with the first $1,000.

Been pretty lazy with regards to all my business endeavors as of late, but I'm ready to get it on.

Working on simplifying my surroundings and eliminating more distractions.

As of right now, and going forward I have 2 recurring revenue streams (to dedicate to this project specifically) that are good for roughly $660/month, which is a start but it would take 45+ months to hit the target.. too long, must increase revenue.

Got new business cards the other day...

22603_430669693777773_3385135771600870162_n.jpg

smartman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Apr 7, 2013
I wake up every morning and tell myself I have to make 200 dollars. Whether that happens at the bar I work at 2 nights a week, through my ebay sales from the things I imported from china (learned on @ecomman's importing thread), or from craigslist flips. I only look at the bottom line which is cash in my pocket. Sometimes I wake up to the money already made from overnight sales, make it in an hour with a profitable flip, and sometimes it takes all night at the bar. Other times it just doesn't happen because I decided to play hockey all day. Those are the risks and freedoms. I kind of love it. I have more money than ever before and have all my bills paid up to date. It is stressful, but I'm the kind of person that will just grind it harder than anyone else.

smartman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Apr 7, 2013
I don't think it has been mentioned in either part 1 or 2 of this thread, but there is a GREAT and long running reddit flipping thread that is consistently posted on with a lot of incredibly good ideas for items to flip. I began to compile a list of items to look for from the threads. I would suggest everyone here check it out, especially if you're stuck in a rut.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Flipping/

Tuvo Apps

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 6, 2015
I've made my first $1000 thanks to this thread! It was the first money I made myself,
starting with $0 (sold some stuff I alredy had first).

My most profitable strategy has been to post a listing along the lines of "Will buy used smart phones"
and told people not to waste time creating their own listing if they have a phone for sale.

Managed to flip a few S3's this way (when people still bought them a lot) for double the price.

Also the method with emailing lowball offer and waiting for them to come back worked very well.

So all in all, flipping has been a great way to gain intial monumentum.
Easier to move to more fastlane venture (at least for me).

@smartman There is definitely potential with the 6S. I never flipped the newest models,
how do you get good deals on them?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.