Why hello. So I am trying to write a book, the content is currently being edited, the sales page is almost finished, and the cover is also almost completed. I am satisfied with everything thus far. However, I have a few questions. I know I should search if this has been posted before, but I wasn't satisfied with every answer and feel it would also be a contribution if every possible question can be answered in one thread.
1. What company should I use to publish my book. I am confident with Amazon but who knows?
2. How should I tax my book, as a personal business or under an LLC?
3. If I go with amazon there are two options I can ask for (under royalties) 70% or 35%, which should I choose?
4. What should I price my book at? I believe there is a minimum for 70% (2.99) is that too much too little. This book is over 180 pages if that helps...
5. Thank you!
For everyone else trying to publish a book, I highly recommend getting an artist and a sales copy. If you want my honest opinion, you can get amazing illustration done for $5 on Fiverr, seriously. I just happen to work in graphic design, but otherwise that place is a haven for authors. You can probably get a lot of other stuff you need for publishing as well.
1. What company should I use to publish my book. I am confident with Amazon but who knows?
2. How should I tax my book, as a personal business or under an LLC?
3. If I go with amazon there are two options I can ask for (under royalties) 70% or 35%, which should I choose?
4. What should I price my book at? I believe there is a minimum for 70% (2.99) is that too much too little. This book is over 180 pages if that helps...
5. Thank you!
For everyone else trying to publish a book, I highly recommend getting an artist and a sales copy. If you want my honest opinion, you can get amazing illustration done for $5 on Fiverr, seriously. I just happen to work in graphic design, but otherwise that place is a haven for authors. You can probably get a lot of other stuff you need for publishing as well.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
