The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Brief Introduction

Mr. Schmidt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Sep 14, 2020
Germany
Hello. My name is Mr. Schmidt, a name that works great as a pseudonym since it's the second most common surname in Germany. You'll never out yourself that way and still be called by your actual name. Isn't that convenient?

My background is uneventful. I grew up in a lower middle class household that moved into the upper lower class over time. How you can now you reached lower class? Your bed is an additional matress thrown on the ground in a bedroom that already had a bed in it. Making the most out of you space. Maybe we were ahead of the minimalism trend.

After moving back into a better situation I learned a trade and spend ten years working a really dull and uninspired job. While doing so, I became a certified master tradesman - there are programs like that here - and soon found out that there are job in the field, but they'd take even more time. So I passed that one and went to college.

Three years later I got my Bachelor's in industrial engineering, the first graduate in my family. Now the synergy started to work, my ten years or relatable job experience led to a well paying job directly after graduation. The thing I noticed? The workload is the same, the moaning is the same, the main difference is that I switched from overall to a shirt and slacks. What a disappointment! Additional downside: The mystical two hour commute. Ten hours a week of unpaid travel at really unconfortable hours. Great deal, isn't it?

I started to get used to it when I stumbled upon a YouTube channel that talked trash about the whole business guru scene. James Jani, if I remember correctly. He trashed them for what they are, a bunch of scroundrels. And then he mentioned the one voice he felt wasn't trying to get him into an exclusive $20,000 mentoring program, but gave solid advice at a know pricetag - MJ DeMarco.

So I got the two books that were recommended, The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted . The 'in your face' content resonated very well with me, and I started to question my situation. Someone invented the bobblehead dachshund and made a fortune and I'm getting paid 25 bucks an hour and have to be thankful for it? I felt cheated, not by my employer, but myself. How could I have missed this and went ahead on this road to burnout?

Now, I am an avid learner. Always have been. First books, then online learning platforms. Udemy has courses on every topic imaginable, Edx and Coursera offer education from top tier universities on everything you can thing of. So I dove deep into entrepreneurship, innovation and design thinking. Got certified as Scrum Master, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and Certified Red Team Thinker. Not for the certifications, but the knowledge.

The trip down to this forum is the next step toward what I assume will be a change in ways. I don't feel like my job is enough anymore, there's more to grab out there and I am willing and able to take some of it for myself. Hope you'll come along on the journey.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...