How did all you people figure this out so early in life? I am in my 50s and have had this dawning realization for the past 10 years that all is not as promised! Really? you say. I was raised by parents that drilled into me since the age of 5 that the only possible life plan was go to college, get good grades, and get a job in corporate amercia. My life would be complete. Unfortunately, I was instructed to study engineering and have made a decent salary all these years. Had I not, I might have gotten here sooner. I was self employed at one time (via my husband) and made tons of money, which he spent. Eventially our marriage could not handle it, largely because I was still thinking he was on the wrong track.
None the less, now I find myself stuck in corporate America, making enough to pay my bills with 2 homes, two cars, one new husband, a boat, and $116.97 in my savings account. Poor planning.
I read the fast lane forum, one of the best books I ever read, and put one house for sale, forced my youngest child (age 20) out of the house, convinced my husband I have to quit my job. The day the house sells, I will use the proceeds to pay for food while I get going. Cool! I have a web site under construction and invented a cool device that allows machines to talk to each other without human intervention. Thank goodness for cloud computing. I have a target of Sept 15th to finish my first sample and pitch it. After that I am off and running. The best part? Sell the device for a small profit, and the monthly monitoring/maintenance fee just keeps on rolling in. I estimate 14 months till the maintenance fees hit the 200K per month mark. Yes! I should quit tomorrow, but the hubby did not yet agree.
None the less, now I find myself stuck in corporate America, making enough to pay my bills with 2 homes, two cars, one new husband, a boat, and $116.97 in my savings account. Poor planning.
I read the fast lane forum, one of the best books I ever read, and put one house for sale, forced my youngest child (age 20) out of the house, convinced my husband I have to quit my job. The day the house sells, I will use the proceeds to pay for food while I get going. Cool! I have a web site under construction and invented a cool device that allows machines to talk to each other without human intervention. Thank goodness for cloud computing. I have a target of Sept 15th to finish my first sample and pitch it. After that I am off and running. The best part? Sell the device for a small profit, and the monthly monitoring/maintenance fee just keeps on rolling in. I estimate 14 months till the maintenance fees hit the 200K per month mark. Yes! I should quit tomorrow, but the hubby did not yet agree.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
