I was in basic training. A few weeks away from graduation. We had no idea wtf was going on for a few days. They didn't tell us or let us watch the news. We had a few days where sirens went off and we though we were being attacked. Turns out it was nothing more than a box or a bag left near the perimeter. We didn't think our family members were going to get to see us graduate as we were in lock-down. Thankfully, we were the first graduating class that they let family members see graduate boot. After what seemed like a long journey and a huge feat you want your family to watch you "pass the test"
We all thought we were going to war. I told my family not to worry as the first Gulf War was over within weeks or months and this wouldn't take much longer and I'd be in tech school while it was fought. Ha.1 years later I remember having a ceremony on an amphibious warship, 6 years later I was supporting the fight from Kuwait. 7-8-9-10-11 years later I was supporting it from Northern Iraq, Kabul, Jalalabad..well pretty much everywhere in Afghanistan.
I'm not even sure where I'm going with this. Just sharing a story. We can't control external circumstances, only how we react. And sometimes we make choices prior to a "black swan event"
We all thought we were going to war. I told my family not to worry as the first Gulf War was over within weeks or months and this wouldn't take much longer and I'd be in tech school while it was fought. Ha.1 years later I remember having a ceremony on an amphibious warship, 6 years later I was supporting the fight from Kuwait. 7-8-9-10-11 years later I was supporting it from Northern Iraq, Kabul, Jalalabad..well pretty much everywhere in Afghanistan.
I'm not even sure where I'm going with this. Just sharing a story. We can't control external circumstances, only how we react. And sometimes we make choices prior to a "black swan event"
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
