The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

6 months to 6 figures (This is my plan, please share any inputs)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK
Hi

I've been on this forum a few months on and off, I described my situation in my first post, please have a read to better understand what i've wrote below -https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/23-year-old-slowlaner-transitioning-to-fastlane.67575/

Having recently read and listened to Felix Dennis How to be Rich it hit me that ideas are worthless, only execution is important. being a slowlaner I have about £5-6k in loose cash, £2-4k in assetts and about £500 in investments (crowd funding, P2P etc. for educational/experience purposes). My Income for my job is £22k per annum.

My plan now is to implement the 6 months to 6 figures idea. This is my timeline plan starting today:
- Maximising my slowlane by working smart at my job and going over my expectations to build a name for my self, in addition to this I am hiring a top rated guy to fix up my linkedin profile from fiverr.** Possibly leverage this for fastlaning
- I have applied to my local lions club to do some charity and for networking, also looking into rotary, meetup etc.
- I'm now speaking with all departmental staff at work as and when I get the chance in order to develop opportunities I would not otherwise see (e.g. I've learnt a lot about new softwares from the IT team which i can potentially invest in)
- I have found a product not many people sell but there is plenty of demand for that I can get dirt cheap to sell even at a rock bottom for a 200% markup (I am going to negotiate with a supplier to do some test sales on 50-100 units), even at worst I can break even on them with a small profit, the only issue is to making it profitable so I need to sell in high volumes 500-1000+ per month so will need some heavy marketing for this of which i know nill about** THIS IS MY KEY IDEA FOR NOW, BUT ONLY AN IDEA IN REALITY MAY BE DIFFERENT WHEN ITS APPLIED
- Im playing with small amounts of cash £50-100 in various investments (P2P, Crowd funding, hedge funds) as well as dummy stock accounts in order to learn about how they work
- I have a mentor who is in a top postion in a pharma company (my slowlane industry) and will being contacting them again as I recently stopped, so stupid of me
- My father has small motor trade business of which I will build a site for to learn coding, also potentially some form of affliate links/advertising on it also

My fast cash plan to free up some money to use over the next two weeks:
- I have a ton of car parts lying around at home and my dads business of which I will sell asap (£500-1000)
- Old machines and general non used things around the home (£400-600)

My Resources:
- I have a fully paid for car, no expenses mortgatges bill etc. I live with my family
- Full time job as mentioned above, 200 miles per day hence £90-100 fuel bill weekly (expense)
- Large garden shed for use as a private work area with no internet, distractions etc.
- Live in an nice area of the West Midlands, UK hence plenty of possible opportunity if I learn how to use it and find it in the area.

Obstacles:
- I drive 2 hours to work each way, so I get up 6am and out the house 6.40am returning at around 7.30pm, with food clothes exercise etc all done its around 8.45pm of which i read until around 9.30-10pm for bed.
- Weekends have been eaten up due to house move, family wedding etc. but from today its freed up mostly

End Goal:
- Have 6 figures available in the end in combined cash, assets, investments etc.
- Quit my job and have a income in the 3-5 figure monthly range with some passive elements to it to free up time

I will keep posting updates on this thread, I needed to make it public to give me some 'GO ENERGY' to get started. please give me your views and what I can do in order to make this goal achievable and go beyond it where possible, how to begin and maximise my time.

please recommend me books, courses, techniques, coaching whatever you guys can help I would appreciate it. The goal is very high set but if I fall short so what I would have achieved a much better position than today (10X Rule)

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
I think goals are good to have, but realistic goals.

The only way you'll get 6 figures in 6 months is if you quit your job and spend 12 PRODUCTIVE hours/day on your business and you understand exactly how you're going to do it (not just a bunch of what if's/imaginations in your head).

Everybody wants to be rich by tomorrow, but that's not how it works.. It will take time. It could take a few years to hit 6-figures.

Rather, focus on the now and the small goals that will eventually lead up to that big goal.

Instead of 6 figures in 6 months, how about getting test samples situated in 1-2 weeks?

Once you have that, shoot to get that first sale in X hours/days. Then, sell enough to see if this is something that will be worth your time or not.

If you focus too much on the future, you won't focus enough on the now and it will come back to bite you. Trust me, I've been there and done that. It's like looking 5 steps ahead, rather than 1 step at a time. You might miss that step and face plant.

G

GuestUserX09

I'm assuming other people will make comments about how realistic this is given your plan.. So I'll make a book recommendation.

You've read 6 months to 6 figures by Peter Voogd right?

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK
I'm assuming other people will make comments about how realistic this is given your plan.. So I'll make a book recommendation.

You've read 6 months to 6 figures by Peter Voogd right?

Hi

Yes, I've read the book didn't get much business knowledge from it but found it a bit more of a motivational book to get up and do it

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK
I think goals are good to have, but realistic goals.

The only way you'll get 6 figures in 6 months is if you quit your job and spend 12 PRODUCTIVE hours/day on your business and you understand exactly how you're going to do it (not just a bunch of what if's/imaginations in your head).

Everybody wants to be rich by tomorrow, but that's not how it works.. It will take time. It could take a few years to hit 6-figures.

Rather, focus on the now and the small goals that will eventually lead up to that big goal.

Instead of 6 figures in 6 months, how about getting test samples situated in 1-2 weeks?

Once you have that, shoot to get that first sale in X hours/days. Then, sell enough to see if this is something that will be worth your time or not.

If you focus too much on the future, you won't focus enough on the now and it will come back to bite you. Trust me, I've been there and done that. It's like looking 5 steps ahead, rather than 1 step at a time. You might miss that step and face plant.

Hi

Thanks for the reality check, I agree that product is my only way of getting anywhere near my goal for now, that is where i am investing my time for now. Once its up for sale I will update the thread in regards to progress. I will try to break down into baby steps similar to that thread by MJ about changing your life in 30 days with 7 steps

j324us

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Dec 8, 2015
Hi

Thanks for the reality check, I agree that product is my only way of getting anywhere near my goal for now, that is where i am investing my time for now. Once its up for sale I will update the thread in regards to progress. I will try to break down into baby steps similar to that thread by MJ about changing your life in 30 days with 7 steps
Hey Singh,
may I ask you what MJ thread you are reffering to?

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK

NetBorn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 25, 2016

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK
Hi

Thought I should provide an update. Its been nearly 4 weeks since I started this thread. Progress is as follows:
- Product from Alibaba was a flop seller never responded and found out the product was not going to be very profitable after all
- Started an affliate marketing program last week generated plenty of clicks and today when i was giving up hope got my first sale of a grand sum of £3.65 (still over the moon as i hardly put much effort in, once i improve my knowledge i can definitely leverage this more)
- Spoke with my mentor who is top end slowlaner, told him my intentions and he basically told me truth as is told in the millionaire fastlane by MJ that my line of work will only make me enough to live on not any more than than. Gave me some great ideas to work on though to build a business
- Been making use of my commute, been listening to the millionaire fastlane on repeat for past week to drill in the mindset
- Started the miracle morning, find my days a lot calmer and generally am now able to spot more oppurtunities for growth throughout the day with a clear view of my goal outcomes.
- Got my linkedin maxxed out, getting tons more views, added and been added by people in the top end of my slowlane industry and contacted a few asking how i can solve there problems, got some great tips

Oh and I also became an INSIDERS, so now having spent money i'm more commited to finding some gems on here to kickstart my 6 months to 6 figures.

My questions to the forum:
- Anyone know some great ways of beginning some affliate marketing and platforms for advertising on?
- Anyone recommend grant cardone courses, im drawn to the playbook to millions but damn he charges a lot for his stuff, im also skeptical of some of his work
- Anyone recommend any books which helped kick start their income streams, ive been through a lot with my long commute and have been listening to some books twice over now.

Will provide another update soon. Please feel free to give your inputs i'm happy to listen to anyone with some ideas

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
What's the rush to acquire so much money in such short time? I understand u don't wanna wait 10 years to become rich but are u prepared to handle such rapid growth ? Do you have a plan to continue your growth at this rate for years to come ?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I had stupid goals like this too and I didn't achieve anything until I dropped them and started to focus on the process.

Pick one thing and do it right.

First action should be to either quit your job and get something closer to home or move closer to work to free up the 4 hours of your life you waste in your car each day.

Then, learn about FB ads and Adwords (enough info here in the forum to get you started) and do this: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...case-study-importing-glasses-made-2400.68675/

Then stick to it and build it up.

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK
What's the rush to acquire so much money in such short time? I understand u don't wanna wait 10 years to become rich but are u prepared to handle such rapid growth ? Do you have a plan to continue your growth at this rate for years to come ?

I needed to create a sense of urgency hence the rush to aquire riches fast, in addition to that I am young and can get away with doing a lot of things now that I cannot in the future as I get older with family commitments. I'm prepared for growth and would much rather make mistakes now while I am in a position to recover with minimal effects. but thanks you have got me thinking about the future more and what to do when things may grow out of control

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK
I had stupid goals like this too and I didn't achieve anything until I dropped them and started to focus on the process.

First action should be to either quit your job and get something closer to home or move closer to work to free up the 4 hours of your life you waste in your car each day.

Then, learn about FB ads and Adwords (enough info here in the forum to get you started) and do this: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...case-study-importing-glasses-made-2400.68675/

Thanks, I'm still trying to find my one thing but it is narrowing down daily and I feel as though I will know it soon, once I do im going to find anything related to it in the forum whilst I begin the execution

Andyc2288

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Nov 30, 2015

This is very true.

I do amazon also like the OP , I focused on bringing the best product possible.

If you want it all, you have to do it all (that means no weak points in your product listing or ad campaigns)

Following this process, I eventually hit 100k in revenue in under 5 months so it is possible OP

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.