The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you are a 50+ Entrepreneur where do you get most of your help from?

• 40+ Older Mentor

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • under 40 Younger Mentor

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I work alone.

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Not sure of this will help. Hustling a little more money to support myself doesn't worry me at all. Health care costs and personal health concern me the most. I am growing ideas and business but health care costs are exceeding my rates of growth. One major ailment could undo decades of work quickly.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
I would also encourage the younger under 40 or 50 members to dream big and discuss what kind of 'retirement lifestyle' that they are hoping to find or looking forward to when they become 50+ Fastline members

I will have been retired 20 years by the time my 50 birthday comes around. I will have spent the last 20 years living the good good life. By 50 I will be enjoy a slower, "less productive" pace of life. Sounds aweful being old

Seniorpreneur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Aug 4, 2007
Edmonton, AB Canada
So, why the hell are we calling 50 senior now? I think that's the biggest flaw in OP's argument.

In the past few decades we've seen a huge shift in typical age norms. People are no longer having their first child at age 22, they're waiting till age 30.

So in today's age, why is 50 a senior? I know plenty of 55 year olds who can out run me or kick my a$$.

There is no difference between a 50 years old and a 30 year old in respect to their ability to perform in life and business.

Maybe I'm wrong because I'm not yet 30, but isure as hell won't be calling myself a senior in 20 years.

I had the same attitude when I was under 30. Think of senior as just a word. When you were in High School Grade 12 was referred to as the 'senior' year.Traditional jobs are being replaced by AI and VR. it won't be too long when you could see people between 35 and 40 being replaced by younger people with with more better 'high tech' knowledge. If you are downsized at the age of 39 or younger believe me, you will already feel that you are like a senior especially if you have trouble finding another job. So you really are not a 'senior citizen' 62 in the USA or 65 in Canada but you can be a senior.

I'm using the term senior in the context of a Seniorpreneur who is a 50+ individual running any small business.

Seniorpreneur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Aug 4, 2007
Edmonton, AB Canada
I will have been retired 20 years by the time my 50 birthday comes around. I will have spent the last 20 years living the good good life. By 50 I will be enjoy a slower, "less productive" pace of life. Sounds aweful being old

That's very interesting. Maybe you can share this message with 'Scot' who doesn't believe that at age 50 you could be less productive for some older adults. But for many others in the Third Age they are just getting started in a new retirement lifestyle something more than just lying on a beach or getting up early to go golfing everyday.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.

Maybe you can share this message with 'Scot' who doesn't believe that at age 50 you could be less productive for some older adults.

Not sure I follow. I'll be less productive by choice. You know, I'll be lying on a beach, of playing golf or something. I'll of had 50 years of being productive. Perfect time to slow down.

But that's not the point @Scot was making anyway. Just because I will be sipping Pina Coladas, doesn't been I couldn't be hustling like a 30 year old, crushing the market at slaying needs.

This forum is giving you a simple message. Stop giving a F*ck about your age! Unless you are in the business of being a pro athlete, it simply doesn't matter.

Seniorpreneur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Aug 4, 2007
Edmonton, AB Canada

Not sure I follow. I'll be less productive by choice. You know, I'll be lying on a beach, of playing golf or something. I'll of had 50 years of being productive. Perfect time to slow down.

But that's not the point @Scot was making anyway. Just because I will be sipping Pina Coladas, doesn't been I couldn't be hustling like a 30 year old, crushing the market at slaying needs.

This forum is giving you a simple message. Stop giving a F*ck about your age! Unless you are in the business of being a pro athlete, it simply doesn't matter.

Life is probably more like a roller coaster not a linear projection. If your in your early 20's there is no way you can predict what you will be doing at 50+? What are you doing now? I understood what you and Scot said. Most seniors 80% or more will probably be slowing down. However; life expectancy is rising and by the time you reach 50 the medical discoveries will probably be amazing. As a result, you could have 30 or more years of surplus time. Now what?

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
If your in your early 20's there is no way you can predict what you will be doing at 50+?

So why did you ask the question?

I know what I will be doing because I know myself. I know my drive. I know my vision. I know my ability to create a successful money system. No forum member, no obstacle, nothing will get in the way of my life plan.

I know what I will be doing, because it is my life, and I will make it so.

Seniorpreneur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Aug 4, 2007
Edmonton, AB Canada
So why did you ask the question?

I know what I will be doing because I know myself. I know my drive. I know my vision. I know my ability to create a successful money system. No forum member, no obstacle, nothing will get in the way of my life plan.

I know what I will be doing, because it is my life, and I will make it so.

I just wanted to know if you already have a life plan in your 20's. Trying not to impose on any personal information you mentioned that you already know your vision. Can you describe it in sentence or two? I definitely had a small business vision starting at the age of 27. That's the year that I incorporated and invested in different areas including in the real estate field.

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
I have written a non-fiction self-help book on these topics.

I have all kinds of free content on my website, on my Blog on on my social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, & LinkedIn).

the forum has seen enough "drive bys" who backlink to their blogs and then disappear only to reappear when they have something to sell. <-- this is why you're getting heat versus genuine feedback.

I really feel old... because I can't get the last five minutes of my life back.
I came back to the thread after a week had passed and still the OP hasn't provided any value.

Just because OP is one of the "old" aka first 100 to join TFF, it doesn't preclude him from being a ... and there is too much evidence pointing that way.

OP: go back to the Ramsey site -- there are "seniors" there buying books.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I really feel old... because I can't get the last five minutes of my life back.
I came back to the thread after a week had passed and still the OP hasn't provided any value.

Just because OP is one of the "old" aka first 100 to join TFF, it doesn't preclude him from being a ... and there is too much evidence pointing that way.

OP: go back to the Ramsey site -- there are "seniors" there buying books.

Just imagine if he would have been contributing during the entire time. Where could his business be? What kind of audience could he have built?

Seniorpreneur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Aug 4, 2007
Edmonton, AB Canada
I'm curious; why do you ask? Do you think it makes a difference? I've never really understood how to define a "mentor". I've rarely known anyone's age, especially on forums where ages are rarely displayed.

I was recently typing with a nameless (but smart and wise) being. I not only didn't know their gender I was shocked to discover they were a teenager which was awesome which is why I'm curious and wondering what you're thinking/planning.

I'm "50+" but refuse to grow up in the normal usage of the term. I like to think that I live by the adage that old age is mandatory but maturity is optional. Then again, I've never been exposed to the aging and oxidising agents of marriage and of

Seniorpreneur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Aug 4, 2007
Edmonton, AB Canada
Hi Bill! I'm a Seniorpreneur myself and I would like to discuss the problems & successes that other older entrepreneurs are having when pursuing the field of entrepreneurship much later in life. Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.