The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

3D Printing

charto911

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jun 3, 2013
Where oh where to begin. Well first off this is my first post on the Fast Lane I like to think I got some credibility over at WF, WaFo, and BHW and was told to check this place out.

Your Vinyl idea is JUNK

Why is it JUNK????

Because you want to produce something that little to nobody wants to buy anymore. Why dont you make a-track tapes, compact discs, and VHS tapes via 3D printing? SOUNDS DUMB RIGHT? WELL GUESS WHAT?

It sounds dumb because it is dont make products people dont want, need, or use anymore because you can make them from a different process.

3D printing is just now starting to become a little bit more mainstream with the recent announcement of Staples to start carrying 3D printers but its still too early.

How do I know? Well I own a 3D printed eyewear company (cant risk linking out quite yet :) I see whats going on and whats starting to pick up pace.

Bottom Line Find a product that can be viable and create it via 3D printing if you can create a demand for the product.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Where oh where to begin. Well first off this is my first post on the Fast Lane I like to think I got some credibility over at WF, WaFo, and BHW and was told to check this place out.

Your Vinyl idea is JUNK

Why is it JUNK????

Because you want to produce something that little to nobody wants to buy anymore. Why dont you make a-track tapes, compact discs, and VHS tapes via 3D printing? SOUNDS DUMB RIGHT? WELL GUESS WHAT?

It sounds dumb because it is dont make products people dont want, need, or use anymore because you can make them from a different process.

3D printing is just now starting to become a little bit more mainstream with the recent announcement of Staples to start carrying 3D printers but its still too early.

How do I know? Well I own a 3D printed eyewear company (cant risk linking out quite yet :) I see whats going on and whats starting to pick up pace.

Bottom Line Find a product that can be viable and create it via 3D printing if you can create a demand for the product.

Ya the vinyl idea was junk, hence why I never even considered going through with it but thank you for stating the obvious. You walk into someones home and start throwing plates around their not going to be very happy (in reference to your brief 2 posts which have both been negative and egotistical), I don't care if you have "cred" on BHW and definitely could give two shits about warrior forum, loose the attitude bro and you'll do just fine here

Not really deserving but, welcome to the forum as well!

Lagron

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 8, 2013
New Jersey
I skipped reading after the 4th post or so...

But it was being mentioned that imports and exports would in a sense "die."
I have to make a presentation at a state university in New Jersey on 3-D Printing around mid December before schools close for the winter.

It is really fascinating that 3-D Printing is a reality. But there are many things people do not quite talk about when it comes to these devices that are around the size of desks, and even larger weighing a few tons, depending on what they are supposed to make.

But if you didn't know, it doesn't just "print" whatever you want, from "nothing" or from small ink cartridges...hah. You need the actual material from viable pre-existent sources.

Yes we have printed heart valves, and working on printing entire organs, but you need "real" tissue" to do so. Where can someone find heart tissue, in order to print a "heart" to have transplanted to the highest bidder? And okay yes they can "print" objects such as pencils and pens, and computers and meals... but has anyone asked how long it takes to print a single pencil let alone computers, car parts and so on...

Take my word for it, the market is far from making this technology precise and swift to use to print something even as small as a pencil more efficiently than it currently is being produced at.

Yea perhaps in 5-10 more years it is something to invest in. Until then, yes it is time to brush up on your CAD development skills, if you think they get paid "well" now, how profitable would an agency be that is strictly comprised of these developers?

AntonyS

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 4, 2015
I'm studying Architecture at University and looking to invest in a desktop 3D printer to aid with my model making as I head into my final year. I'll keep you guys updated on any pros/cons when I get my hands on one.

I've enjoyed reading this thread and have spent a lot of time myself thinking about where this technology is going.

In terms of Architecture the race is on the see who can build the first 3D printed house. I think many have already done it, printed and assembled homes in less than 24 hours. Personally I think it will have a big impact on the construction industry, but that's just an opinion based on reading a few articles and speaking with lecturers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.