What's new

30-year-old helpless, lazy failure...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

bugsybunny

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
I've been lurking for over a year...and this is my first thread.

I originally wanted advice on the correct state of mind – specifically on feeling low from not receiving “echoes”. I wanted to hear feedback from others who were in the same situation as I am.

But I never formally introduced myself.

Since I’m a pup among GIANTS, I’ll tell you who I am (ME ME ME) in point form:

- Called artistically ‘talented’ early on, convinced self otherwise
- Disliked idea of a ‘job’
- Tried avoiding it after dropping out of college
- Half-a$$ free lancing & work from home marketing gig
- Side project earning $1,000/mo passive for 2 years (peanuts I know)
- Poor work ethic but good at saving
- Read MFL last October (THANK YOU MJ!)
- Forced myself to full-time construction to learn work ethic (part time prior)
- “Bought” a condo (bank owns it but they let me pretend) to give self a sense of responsibility (and a reason not to quit construction)
- WANTrepreneur motivation fizzled due to 8 weeks straight of 12-16 hour shifts
- Planned on re-reading MFL once work slowed down (caught myself procrastinating)
- Found out MJ released his 2nd book
- Read Unscripted this August (you hear it all the time, but THANK YOU MJ!!!)
- Joined copywriting bandwagon (want to learn selling/marketing)
- Fell in love with copywriting
- Eliminated all distractions
- Putting in 40-to-50 hours/week since Aug (40 hours goes to day job)
- Have 135 pages, and counting, worth of notes
- Reading/writing and finally testing (and failing miserably)…but enjoying the process
- Waves of confidence and helplessness from day to day
- Meticulous and Driven if I want something (despite being a lazy f***)
- Main drives: Give parents better life. Send them on vacation. Buy them gifts without being guilted and reminded not to WASTE money because none of us have it.
- Also wanna take girlfriend on vacation more often. Eat out more often.
- Happy person for the most part but view myself as a failure.
- Lurking this forum over a year, first thread today

Thank you all for posting your journeys and success stories and most importantly, the struggles.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Lpuxoph vjev zua esi onnusvem epf xomm upi fez puv ci op vji teni qjztodem iesvjmz gusn tjuamf ci emm ov velit vu nuvowevi zuastimg. Gudat up xjev zua dep fu gus uvjist epf eff wemai opvu iwiszvjoph zua fu. Eqqsuedj iwiszvjoph xovj e Qsufadis nopftiv.

Jeqqz qistup gus vji nutv qesv cav woix nztimg et e geomasi.
Et muph et zua esi neloph qsuhsitt zua deppuv geom. Zua miespif duqzxsovoph vjot zies xjodj nelit zua civvis vjep metv zies. Dupvopai onqsuwoph epf veli dupvopuat feomz edvoup. Liiq e kuaspem ev vji ipf iedj fez epf xsovi fuxp zuas tnemm xop gus vji fez.

Zua esi ucwouatmz puv vimmoph at vji xjumi tvusz zua tpielz fiwom!

Zua tpadl op vjisi vjev zua jewi e hosmgsoipf, tu ucwouatmz zua jewi e gix evvsedvowi epf djesedvisotvod raemovoit, pu?

Fafi, O ciev nztimg aq emm vji voni gus xetvoph disveop qesvt ug nz 20't epf vjoploph vjev O duamf ug fupi nusi epf jewi tiip uvjist esuapf ni xju jewi ciduni taddittgam. Haitt xjev vjev fuit gus nz nopftiv up e fez vu fez cetot???

Ectumavimz puvjoph. Iydiqv qatj ni gesvjis cedl!

Zua piif vu hiv zuas dupgofipdi aq epf howi zuastimg e csiel nz gsoipf. Et @Ise teof, zua miespif duqzxsovoph vjot zies, tu fuit vjev puv howi zua e pix tlomm vjev zua dep eqqmz gus nepz nusi vu duni?

NZ UPMZ TAHHITVOUP OT VU ...

Liiq huoph fafi, liiq xusloph jesf epf fu puv raov. Zua jewi e vup ug HOEPVT jisi up vjot gusan epf qiuqmi xomm jimq zua uav. Tvesv neloph civvis epf nusi gusxesf vjoploph qutvt gsun jisi up uav.

Emm vji citv!

Zua tpadl op vjisi vjev zua jewi e hosmgsoipf, tu ucwouatmz zua jewi e gix evvsedvowi epf djesedvisotvod raemovoit, pu?

Jeje O fofp'v niep vu ci tpielz...O tjuamf'wi ciip nusi tqidogod. O niepv geomasi op vji gopepdoem fiqesvnipv. O xet vuu catz tjesqipoph nz tudoem tlommt.

Vjepl zua gus vji xusft ug ipduasehinipv.

Ximduni nz gsoipf. O xuamfp'v xussz vuu nadj ecuav vji tvsahhmit. Ov tjuxt zua jewip'v howip aq moli nutv qiuqmi. Zua'si katv caomfoph zuas tvusz, e tvusz vjev upi fez xomm ciduni xusvj siefoph. Liiq jatvmoph... ci .25% civvis vufez vjep zua xisi zitvisfez. Op 5 ziest, zua xup'v siduhpobi zuastimg.

Liiq jatvmoph... ci .25% civvis vufez vjep zua xisi zitvisfez. Op 5 ziest, zua xup'v siduhpobi zuastimg.

Zuas visn, “Qsuditt Cetif Nufim,” ot tunivjoph O liiq sinopfoph nztimg ug, ugvip.

Ov’t moli e zuaph lof vszoph vu EHI et getv et quttocmi, tu ji muult op vji nossus iwisz fez vu neli tasi ji’t ehoph. Cav vjisi’t puvjoph vu tii.

Apvom vji fez ji’t puv etlif vu tjux jot OF xjomi cazoph ciis.

Zua'si e qaq enuph qaqt, xovj upi us vxu hoepvt vjsuxp op.

Edvaemmz, vjev jet puvjoph vu fu xovj ov cideati iwiszupi jisi ot vszoph vu hiv gsun xjisi vjiz esi vufez vu xjisi vjiz xepv vu ci vunussux.

Tu vji qaq xepvt vu ci civvis ev hpexoph iest; vji hoepv xepvt vu onqsuwi vjios cupi-hsopfis. Us tunivjoph.

Iovjis xez, zua'wi fupi e qsivvz huuf kuc itvecmotjoph xjisi zua esi vufez; xjev ot zuas djephi ehipfe? Xjev jet vu ci foggisipv e xiil gsun pux, epf xjev esi zua huoph vu fu ecuav ov?

Qsu voq: xsovi ov fuxp, fu ov, djidl ov ugg; muul ev xjev zua xsuvi, siqiev.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today