The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

3 things that you hate most using grocery delivery service!

Things I hate the most when buying groceries online with delivery service?

• Order handled poorly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Environmental problems ( car pollution)

• Other(please write comment)

• Total voters

deliux

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 21, 2021
Hi fastlaners!

For those who are using online grocery shopping ! What are the most anoying and inconvenient things are related to the whole process from placing order to delivery of the order?

I am doing research and any point of view or problem would help very much

Appreciate your participation very much!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FullTimePreneur

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 6, 2015
Jersey City
I do grocery delivery each week because it saves on time which can be allocated to more efficient uses. However, almost each week I run into one of the following issues that is super frustrating and I sometimes question if it's really worth it:

1. Items missing even though listed as purchased
2. Getting items that weren't even on my grocery list
3. Getting a 100% completely wrong order
4. Produce is often times they worst produce I've ever seen. I find that the shoppers often times pick the first thing they see without considering the quality of the product.

^I hope this helps on your research. I'd gladly switch services if that service could guarantee their shoppers could independently handle the above issues.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
I use instacart. They provide a 2 hour time window for delivery. They almost never arrive within this time window. Usually they are 1-3 hours late

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
The worst part was the people that arrived at my door... I don't want them anywhere near the food I consume. Not even in the same zip code.

As others have stated, they pick the worst produce.

Someone I know had been charged hundreds of dollars, over dozens of orders, for stuff that he didn't get or order. Essentially he was buying food for someone else.

I just do grocery pick up now. I've only run into one or two issues with that, and those were minor by comparison.

MO_Seneca

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 20, 2021
Where are you based?

I live in Germany and the existing grocerie delivery services were kinda lackluster. High minimum order, large delivery time window etc.

But, starting mid-last year, the market is now being disrupted . There are Startups which deliver your groceries in 5-10 minutes. It's absolutely crazy - I have been using Gorillas (first mover in this field) and it works like a charm.

Obviously this particular business model only works in densely populated areas but I think there is a lot of room for improvement regarding the current devlivery services

Last edited:

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Example you didn't include:
I buy $10 grocery and pay $10 for shipping.

deliux

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 21, 2021
Thank you guys for sharing your thoughts! I see that similar problems in this field are everywhere! I am looking for ways to make it better!
Where are you based?

I live in Germany and the existing grocerie delivery services were kinda lackluster. High minimum order, large delivery time window etc.

But, starting mid-last year, the market is now being disrupted . There are Startups which deliver your groceries in 5-10 minutes. It's absolutely crazy - I have been using Gorillas (first mover in this field) and it works like a charm.

Obviously this particular business model only works in densely populated areas but I think there is a lot of room for improvement regarding the current devlivery services

Yes, I heard about Gorillas and they are game changers. Service and innovative thinking that they implemented is delivered future! I am from Lithuania (Est Europe country I bet most people do not know where it is ) and we have very basic service that has common problems as those mentioned above. I am looking for ideas and ways to improve this service. And 10 min. ecologically friendly, cheap delivery professional staff as I see is a future!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.