The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$2k deal and how simple business is (again)

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
Going back to my point the other day about how simple (simple but requires hard work) business really is, and some other random tips.

I closed 3 sales today. But there is one I want to talk about. This sale was close to $2k. I do not take down payments. My customers sign contracts and then pay after the job is complete. I will post this sale in my business progress thread once the job has been completed so you fine fastlaners know I am not BS. It will be posted within the next few days.

The job will be completed the same day it is started.

Sending hired labor to do the job. I will be in and out to supervise.

After it is all said and done I will personally profit $880-$1200 that day from that one job.

So here is my question. How did I close that sale? How did I find that customer?

Was it some amazing marketing?

Was it some awesome sales techniques?

Did I sit and read hours and hours a day about marketing and sales and then apply those principals to my business? Was it some guru that "taught" me how to do it?

No, no and no. And gurus can seriously f*** off.

What was it then?

Word of mouth.

A friend/business connection refereed the customer to me. I did not know that friend/business connection until AFTER I started my business. I got out and networked. I got my name out there.

My friend/business connection sent the customer info to me. I called the individual. He told me what he needed. I told him what I charged. Done. The customer did not question the price. Did not shop around for prices. No sales pitch. No sales techniques. Nada.

He went with me why? Solely because he was referred to me by my friend/connection.

Believe it or not, that is a pretty common thing. That happens to me on a fairly common basis. But I am not talking just about me though. I mean for business in general.

"Yo bro check out this song on youtube"

"You locked yourself out of your car? Hold on, I know a really good guy, let me grab his card"

(This one actually happened to me and I used that guy)

Word of mouth is a pretty powerful thing. Its cheap too.

How simple was that process? Honestly, how complex is this?

1) Network/market
2) Get call
3) Close sale/sign papers
4) Complete job
5) Get paid

Simple as hell.

But a ton of work goes into accomplishing those things. I am not saying it is "easy"

When I say its not "hard" what I am referring to is the intelligence needed to do it. I'd like to hope I am somewhat intelligent lol. But everything I have done, or am doing can easily be copied. This isn't rocket science. This does not require a 4 year business degree and a s*** ton of debt. I have no "secrets" or mentors teaching me anything (although there are a select few who I wish would mentor me)

I am not trying to blanket every single business. I understand there are a TON of businesses in this world and each has different variables.

But I am having a very difficult time trying to think of one business that does not fall into this oversimplified process.

1) Have a legitimate product that solves a legitimate need
2) Get people to know about you
3) Sell to those people

1) I have a legitimate service that solves a legitimate need
2) By networking and marketing I get people to know about my company
3) People call me and buy my service

That is business and that is simple. Nothing complex about that.

How you choose to operate the business is where things get less simple.

"I think I have a a idea, I'm not sure if I should do it"

Test the product out by trying to sell it.

If it sells then it is a legitimate product.

Start a business and sell it.

What if it turns into a disaster? You'd learn far more from that than if you were busy sitting on the sidelines.

The other night I was out with some friends. I stepped outside so I could think to myself. I was standing there and I noticed my watch. I watched as the seconds ticked away. "Damn" I thought. It really hit me just how valuable time is. Every second that ticked was a second I could never get back.

Every second you are not going after your dreams is another second wasted.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.