What's new

2017: When the Rubber Hits the Road

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

A-Mat-Zing

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Dec 28, 2016
Messages
11
Location
France
Rep Bank
$190
User Power: 264%
Hi,

This my progress thread for 2017. I decided that this is the year for me when the rubber finally hits the road!

Although, I've been driving slow lane for the last couple of years, all that time I've had a second car in my garage. A very nice and potentially a lot faster car than my slowlane one, but I knew from earlier test rides around the block, that it had some major problems that needed to be fixed.

About 2 years ago, when I was (once again) bored to almost death by the slow lane, I decided it was worth trying to fix the broken parts of my nice car. So I read many books about repairing and pimping cars, applied what was applicable to my car's condition and gave it a nice polishing.

Now on this beautiful cold winter morning the time has finally come:

I've reached the point that the nice car is ready and save enough to hit the road again: The problems are fixed, the tank is full, and the destination decided on.

Here are the hard facts of my current situation:
  • Ok paying 9 to 5 (plus 2 hours commute each work day) job to pay for rent and bills.
  • My wife also works full time and we share the responsibility for our two kids 50/50.
  • €3,000 on my bank account ($3,150 at the time of writing) disposable as start-up capital.
Goals and preliminary route:
  • build up a second stream of income next to my 9-5 job.
  • quit my job, once side hustle net profits exceed monthly net base salary
  • Free time from side hustle through increases in productivity, increased hourly rate and possible network effects/ recommendations
  • Chose a fast lane and launch before xmas this year
With this post I turn the keys, ignite my powerful engine and drive (sloooowly) out of the garage.

I will keep you updated on my progress and hope this thread will once become "fastlane" material serving as inspiration and encouragment for others that are just starting out like me today.

Thanks for stopping by and reading till the end :-) I wish you an exciting and successful year 2017!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom