The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2013: 2 Goals Only. What Are They?

Crumbs2Bricks

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Aug 29, 2012
You can only list 2 goals. Even if you have more, list the 2 most important goals for 2013.

ME:

1-To gain at least 15 lbs of muscle mass
2- To buy my first business in the manufacturing sector. At least $5 million in annual sales w/ 20%-30% margins.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
I try to keep this in mind: People are overestimating what they can achieve in a year, and overestimate what they can in 10.
So,
1. I will get my degree in 2013. So I will hit the job market in 2013. I will get a job where I can work with a bonus / fee so I can safe up money and learn some important entrepreneurial traits (sales, networking..). Preferably I would want to get a job in sales / marketing, which will be a challenge since my degree is not geared towards that. Challenge, not a problem. Consultancy is another thing I really digg. I am not ready to be an entrepreneur.
2. Benchpress: 100kg

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
1) Close first CRE deal on my own. (this is the result of a lot of mini-goals I'm setting for myself)
2) 10% bodyfat with increased muscle and strength (no specific lifting goals right now, but will have to set them)

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
1) I will spend less money per month than I make per month. I know my cost of living, so that gives me an income goal. I am 100% confident that I will make this goal. Disclaimer: I have an income of $0.

2) I will follow an alterable exercise routine and dietary plan until I reach my goal weight of 160 lbs at 8% body fat. It must be alterable in order for me to stick to it, because fitness bores me very easily and I don't really like eating the same food day in and day out. Thanks to healthstatus and some stuff that I downloaded illegally when I was 16, this goal is another one that I'm 100% confident in. Disclaimer: I'm built like a 12 year old Asian girl.

I find it funny that everyone seems to have a health goal and a wealth goal. I suppose they are both equally important.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
1. Retire
2. Because I can

Explanation of these goals
1. Retire -
Have 5 years of expenses saved up plus emergency funds for medical/auto/anything else. With this achieved(and it's feasible considering where I am at) I can do whatever I want, work on whatever I want. Essentially be retired from the money game and just working on building my life. I do have bigger plans but that sense of freedom/financial security is 2013's plan.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
1. Make my web design business near passive (pay for living expenses and fund other stuff)
2. Earn 6 figures in total sales (from any of my projects, I'm not overestimating)

I try to keep this in mind: People are overestimating what they can achieve in a year, and overestimate what they can in 10.
I am not ready to be an entrepreneur.

WTF? With goals and a mentality like that, why are you on here?

When will you be ready to be an entrepreneur, did you read this thread:https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/slowlane/43845-why-arent-i-millionaire.html

Last edited by a moderator:

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
WTF? With goals and a mentality like that, why are you on here?

When will you be ready to be an entrepreneur, did you read this thread:https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/slowlane/43845-why-arent-i-millionaire.html

I think I understand, I'm not ready today either.
When I'm ready, I'll take decisive action and likely succeed (again)
I'm much more likely to succeed than many here.
In the mean time I'm enjoying the company of those that I can respect.

jon

Last edited by a moderator:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
You're going to retire at 19?

Keep us all updated. By my (conservative) estimates, you're going to need to make about $80,000 in 2013, which is not impossible at all. How are you going to do it? You said you make decent money in IM, but are you going to do anything else? Ryan (RichKid) worked 3 jobs and did some hustling to save up 50k in the past year.

And, I know this is off-topic, but what will you do in those 5 years while you're 'retired'?

I'm curious. You should keep up a progress thread about this or something. You don't have to tell us any exact numbers.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
You're going to retire at 19?

Keep us all updated. By my (conservative) estimates, you're going to need to make about $80,000 in 2013, which is not impossible at all. How are you going to do it? You said you make decent money in IM, but are you going to do anything else? Ryan (RichKid) worked 3 jobs and did some hustling to save up 50k in the past year.

And, I know this is off-topic, but what will you do in those 5 years while you're 'retired'?

I'm curious. You should keep up a progress thread about this or something. You don't have to tell us any exact numbers.

Retire in the means that I can work on whatever I want. Establish my own brand, create the products I desire. Right now I'm in hustle mode. Just saving and saving.

I started at 13 working on my business. Dropped out of high school at 15. I've been supporting a full family of 5 as the breadwinner since I was 13. Just in the past 3 months I moved out, cut out family ties financially, and started scaling up my business.

I actually need to make close to $500,000 to have those 5 years saved up. 5 years of saving is just as safety net. I'm not going to be done with growing my business. I've had success like this before and that number isn't something I'm unsure of.
If you have skype, I don't mind talking about numbers privately. I still work 15-20 hours a day, everyday. Maybe 3 or 4 days off per month.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
By the way,
I'm not trying to be cocky or arrogant. This was about my 2013 goals. This is 1 of many. I always think big. I understand myself better then anyone else and was just simply sharing what my goal is.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
You sure you need $500k? Not doubting your ability to make it, I'm just wondering why you need $100k per year to live on.

Either way, man, go for it! Nobody here is stopping you.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Why not? I don't think 100k is a lot of money to live on for a year.

It's not that it's a lot or hard to spend in 1 year, I just don't see the need to do so... not until it's time to get my mansion :D

I'm pretty sure I could squander $1 million in a week if given the challenge to. Don't see why I would want to, though.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
You sure you need $500k? Not doubting your ability to make it, I'm just wondering why you need $100k per year to live on.

Either way, man, go for it! Nobody here is stopping you.

$100k/year is about 3x more then what I spend per year at the moment. Why not be safe then sorry? Who is to say I don't want to travel or get a nicer house for the summer? I always estimate what I will need and 2-3x it.

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
Why not? I don't think 100k is a lot of money to live on for a year.

What? I can live 5 years with $60K (spending $1k/month) and living very modestly, that safety net is more than enough to make, scale and sale a business, considering that you can go full-time on your projects.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Yeah if making 100k per year is someones goal they just want to remove a job or something. 100k per year, pay taxes... your in a rat race.. big time. It sucks to say but unless your a really smart investor/ startup creator you will be working forever with 60k per year. I agree with the "better safe than sorry" outlook.

Most people dont realize.... alot of times the big money you will be making only lasts for so long... the idea is to work like an animal, make crazy money for a few years (5-15) and sell your business and walk out with millions in the bank from both saving during the growth of biz+sale. Again, doesent mean you will stop but im sure it will make things much easier. Any goal less than that needs to be re-evaluated unless you want to work until your old.

What? I can live 5 years with $60K (spending $1k/month) and living very modestly

I dont know.... expensive wine is getting better and better as i get older lol.... i dont want to live like that... everyone needs to control their spending and is stupid if they dont... but life is nicer when you CAN spend some money.

St.Alpine

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Aug 6, 2012
Germany
1. Establishing a steady income from the business.

2. Moving to a place, where I am surrounded with like
minded and inspiring people.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Yeah if making 100k per year is someones goal they just want to remove a job or something. 100k per year, pay taxes... your in a rat race.. big time. It sucks to say but unless your a really smart investor/ startup creator you will be working forever with 60k per year. I agree with the "better safe than sorry" outlook.

Most people dont realize.... alot of times the big money you will be making only lasts for so long... the idea is to work like an animal, make crazy money for a few years (5-15) and sell your business and walk out with millions in the bank from both saving during the growth of biz+sale. Again, doesent mean you will stop but im sure it will make things much easier. Any goal less than that needs to be re-evaluated unless you want to work until your old.

I dont know.... expensive wine is getting better and better as i get older lol.... i dont want to live like that... everyone needs to control their spending and is stupid if they dont... but life is nicer when you CAN spend some money.

I think his idea is to make $500k this year, stuff it in the bank and effectively take five years off, focusing on some sort of bigger project that will get him to that big sale.

I don't know if it's a good idea, though. Even if you get the goal, you (1PercentStreet) would probably get really bored after the first two weeks and then decide "F*ck this I gotta do something meaningful".

Would be interesting to see, though.

Also, if I lived in Uruguay (with my limited Spanish skill lol) I'd probably be able to live okay off of $1k a month.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
I think his idea is to make $500k this year, stuff it in the bank and effectively take five years off, focusing on some sort of bigger project that will get him to that big sale.

I don't know if it's a good idea, though. Even if you get the goal, you (1PercentStreet) would probably get really bored after the first two weeks and then decide "F*ck this I gotta do something meaningful".

Would be interesting to see, though.

Also, if I lived in Uruguay (with my limited Spanish skill lol) I'd probably be able to live okay off of $1k a month.

I've done this before, it wasn't $500k but a nice chunk of $. I started working on a bigger project which created one of my biggest successes to date.

As MJ said about that " Chuma Mode". I love working like that. I feel that I am young enough to put off relationships and wants(cars, houses, watches) to work 4-5 years as hard as I want :)

I will be different a year from now. 4 years from now. My mind will change.

Whole Paradigm

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Nov 15, 2011
1. Go back to school
2. Enjoy life more through travel and adding more experiences.

Why tip toe through life to arrive safely at death...

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
What? I can live 5 years with $60K (spending $1k/month) and living very modestly, that safety net is more than enough to make, scale and sale a business, considering that you can go full-time on your projects.

Yeah, but here, even a shitty 1 room apartment costs $800/month. Right now I'm living on 1,5k a month and my life sucks.

sigurdur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Oct 26, 2012
Iceland
1. Launch at least one of my applications currently in development.
2. Focus on enjoying the time with the family more - be 100% in family mode when I'm with them.

Last edited:

ambition21

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 30, 2012
1. Land a cover of a major fitness magazine and begin to expand my online presence through marketing/promotion.
2. Start a profitable online business in the fitness/supplement industry.

Mr.Dietsch

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 30, 2012
1. Acquire my first 10 customers for my new business
2. Gain 15lbs of musle, be able to see my six pack

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
Just a reminder. f you want something you start on it NOW. Don't wait for the new year to start. Like TMF says, someday is today.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
One of the best indicators of goal achievement is how DETAIL they are. Why? Because its indicates/exposes PROCESS not EVENTS.

NOT "Make a million dollars!" or "quit my job!" or lose "50 pounds!"

For me my goals are:

1. Learn more about the telecommunication industry at my internship at Qualcomm.
2. Learn more about automation technology.

D

DeletedUser11

Create a passive income stream of xxx,xxx$

Move out of my parents house into a 4000$ monthly penthouse :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads