The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2007 goals update and 2008 goals

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
anyway 2007 goals are as follows

1. get pregnant and stay pregnant(staying pregnant is the hard part lol)
got pg unfourtunatley wasnt able to stay pg again. i had an ectopic pregnancy. im quitting trying now. cant put any more energy into this goal. if it happens great if not then at least i didnt waste anymore time on it...

2 get the house sold before its becomes a final foreclosure
foreclosure still in process. i have no clue whats going to happen. we had a mtg amount of 204k and now according to the paperwork i just got they are suing me for 241k. AND taking the house! i cant get the banks lawyer to return my calls. ill pick up the peices when they fall and figure out what to do when the aftermath hits.

3. fix our credit!
not happening anytime soon def not untill the foreclosure is done.

4. fund my forex account and start trading (more practice is needed first)
still studing still practicing.

5. become 40-50% owner of the 1031 exchange company i work for
company went under and out of business before i could invest my time or energy into it. (better before then after right lol) still a possibility but need to wait for my possible partner to get her things in order. shes the one with very very very extensive knowledge in this area. i could branch out on my own but too many unknown variables for me to be comfortable doing this without her expertise.

6. market the crap out of the exchange company
see above lol.

7. read 1 book a month at least
unless dr suess counts havent done so great on this one. ive been reading my forex stratigies over and over so no new books.

8. use the tools ad knowledge i have aquired to build some residual income websites
coulda shoula woulda but didnt. still have the knowledge and tools just havent been able to concentrate on this with other things going on.

9. excersise more
IVE LOST 46 LBS!!!!!! and still going...

10. finish unpacking from the move to ga!
done haha at least i got one thing accomplished!

11. build some cash reserves for emergencies
as it stands now we are still totally pay check to pay check. need to increase the income coming in to build any kind of reserves for anything!

12. build some cash reserves for rei
see above...

13. become a better wife and mother
have to ask my hubby and kids about this one. i think i have accomplished this goal!

14. enjoy life more!
even tho we are still broke life is much better here in ga! definatley enjoying everything more!

but not specifically in that order!

2008 goals

lose 30-50 more lbs get more toned and less fat!

finally open my forex account and start trading live!

build my forex account up to a 2500dollar level then a 25k level.(i have no clue how long this will take)thats when the real fun begins!

finish and maintain my brothers biz website and branch out to his other intrested biz contacts.

possibly if a great idea strikes me build myself a passive income website or 10...LOL.

2008 MONITARY GOALS

any extra income coming in not from hubbys job.

500dollars a month in income not from job.

5000dollars a month not from job(at this point hubby can retire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

then $5000 a month in totally passive income....

after that the skys the limit!

all in all could have done way better. but i got consumed in trying to have a baby again. youd think after 35months of :bgh: and 3 losses id have learned my lesson already. im hoping this time i finally have. or at least i can push it aside and accomplish something other then giving myself a headache...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
Carrie,

I hear you about the pregnancy thing.
Trying desperately to achieve that goal sucked about 3 years of my life.
Completely my focus (not too healthy but that's where I was).
Never did happen and I don't think it ever will.

Unless someone has been there,
they don't understand.
There is an About discussion board
called Preparing For Pregnancy
with a lot of people in the same boat.
They were the only people keeping me semi-sane
'cause no one else, especially not anyone with kids,
understands.

The upside of that very, very bad time
(the worst I've been through)
is that I wrote my best novel ever during it
(dealt with the death of a loved one,
which is what not being able to have kids is like).
Should be published either 2008 or 2009.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Im so very happy you found an upside... still looking for mine.

all I can do is try to put it out of my head and live life as is and pretend everything is ok...(it really isnt in this reguard but i have no more time or energy to put in to it)So for the first time in my life ever, i have to say thats it i quit...

i cant say that i know exactly what you went thru(i do have 2 little ones) but i can tell you I know how much it sucks!

at least by focusing on other things i can gain a feeling of accomplishment instead of failure.

I dont like to fail!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
ps... cant wait to read your book!

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Matters of the heart when it comes to children are really impossible to understand unless one has actually been there.

When I lost my ability to have children, the loss felt like the death of a child.

Only people that had been there understood.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
anyway 2007 goals are as follows

2 get the house sold before its becomes a final foreclosure
foreclosure still in process. i have no clue whats going to happen. we had a mtg amount of 204k and now according to the paperwork i just got they are suing me for 241k. AND taking the house! i cant get the banks lawyer to return my calls. ill pick up the peices when they fall and figure out what to do when the aftermath hits.

3. fix our credit!
not happening anytime soon def not untill the foreclosure is done.

I can SO relate to this! My husband and I have "been there, done that." Our situation was slightly different in that we started with a bankruptcy and then a year later came the foreclosure. My advise: Get a lawyer, let the lawyer do the talking. Keep up with what the lawyer does and make sure you KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT. Plan for what will happen next. The journey is about a 5 year process from beginning to end. The beginning is developing a plan. The end is being reestablished financially and learning valuable lessons that can be applied to EVERY aspect of life and business.

That being said and 2 years since the bankruptcy was discharged, here were our 2007 goals:

1. Rebuild credit to at least an average credit score: completed!
2. Never HAVE to work again, but work if we want to: completed!
3. Buy or build retirement home: completed!
4. Continue building passive income: recently increased by approximately $100.00/month in Oct.
5. Live well, but within our means: completed and improving!
6. Lose 50 pounds: not even close, I think I actually gained weight-I guess I'll have to start that for 2008!
7. Invest in RE: incomplete-prioritized focus on the retirement home which we built instead of buying. However, I did get into a business partnership managing properties and we do have a business plan and properties in mind for near future investment.

Overall a great year. I guess we were right believing that it could only get better and helping ourselves in every way possible (including a lot of prayer) to make that become a reality.

We haven't put together 2008 goals yet. I will post them before the end of the year.:smxG:

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
2008 Goals:
Own 10 cabins within 12 months.
Obtain Real Estate license within 8 months
Manage additional 30 cabins (that I or my business partner do not own)
Open Store front or office for business
Sell business specific merchandise for additional income stream
Have a solid team in place and working together within 3 months
Build toward making our company fast lane to make $10,000 / month consistently.
Lose 50 pounds in 12 months
Exercise regularly
Eat right
Care about how I look
Be healthy
Complete my landscaping in 6 months
Increase my financial and business education through personal development
Read a minimum of two books each month
Attend one seminar each quarter
Continue improving my credit
Replace my JOB with passive income and quit within 12 months - Dec 31, 2008

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
I had few goals for 2007 since I knew it was going to be a shaky year. Yet, here are some of my accomplishments.

1. Visited two new countries
2. Started school (had put it on hold for far too long).
3. Purchased a domain name (yes, they're a dime a dozen, but I'd like to eventually build a virtual community)
3. Increased my knowledge by reading a ton of books and joining this board ;)

Goals for 2008
1. Visit two new countries
2. Continue school (yes, it's slowlane but it's still on my to do list)
3. Reduce stress
4. Work on being happier
5. Surround myself with positive people
6. Explore the East coast
7. Find a worthy date
8. Go skydiving (one time will be enough)
9. Continue learning about commercial real estate

:smxB: :banana: :smx9:

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
my main overall goal which hopefully will be acheived before the original deadline is

to be financially free by age 33.

in order to be financially free for us means 2500 a month in total passive income.

idk free by 33 just seems to have such a nice ring to it lol.

I feel some pressure now that I put this out here. only person who knew of this goal(till now) was my hubby.

after the financial freedom goal I really have no idea what to shoot for. I dont want to sell myself short. but I feel as though I need to figure something out lol. just declaring I want to keep growing our incomes to infinity doesnt really do it for me...but again at this point and maybe this will change in some time, I feel any number I put on this is going to be limiting myself.

oh and just to toot my own horn I am up to 56 lbs lost so far!

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Sounds like it was a tough year, CarrieW. Keep the faith, hon.

And congrats on the weightloss. We all have our special challenges. I can fall out of bed and land on a pile of money most days. But as of late, I can't seem to lose 5 pounds without also losing 10 friends! Growth isn't always concurrent and linear.

Celebrate your victories. :smxG:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.