The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

20+ years of Education (debt free)

audib

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 12, 2021
Here's the thing, I've been in school my entire life and have benefitted greatly without any debts. The crazy thing is that I never really wanted to pursue tertiary education. I wanted a simple life to work hard and give back to my single mother who raised me by herself and four (4) other siblings with little help whenever she managed to get it.

I now find myself fully 'educated' but lack the temperament to do anything that goes against traditional dogma. Go to school, get a good job with benefits, and save for retirement. While there is nothing wrong with those that follow this track. I want more now especially seeing that I have nothing to lose especially seeing that I was able to achieve so much academically and manage to find myself in a position beyond what I saw my life would be.

Even in school I felt like the dogma made no sense, but I did it anyways to prove to myself and those that invested/supported or even doubted me that It could be done.

Now that I am finished with school (for the time being). As I want to pursue another degree for a better job. I've been working fulltime for 2 years as a teacher/professor, it's more money I ever thought I'd see in my life. Even if now I realize the pay isn't all that much.

I find myself wanting to do more but too afraid of what others would think of me especially seeing the credentials I have and how I am 'supposed' to act or do with this credentials. I wanna break stuff, try things contrary to my degree, but everytime I find myself starting a project I let it die out because "it's easier to try and fail, than not at all." Here's the thing I never really give any project my all and even though some were success I just give up and go back to doing what someone with my credentials are suppose to do and behave.

Enough of my rant. In this forum even though I am new I am hoping I can use my experience to add value to those in here and also soak some of the value and learn from what has drove you to go against the status quo.

Thank you @Mj for creating a forum for the exploration and implementation of ideas and solving life's problems.

Here's to trying something different and failing with grace, learning from it to help me grow, listening to the market, adding value, and become less of a sidewalker and slowlaner.

See you'll on the other side of fastlane living.

PS. I starter a YouTube channel (not monetized) that my advisor from college feels that I am waiting my time doing because I need to focus on my job that pays me. While I value their input I felt like I need to do things that can be scaled and help me to develop new skills.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I have a phd in physics and do youtube / udemy as my main gig. I actually feel a bit smug about it, as virtually nobody with a phd would have the courage and fortitude to do this. It's just as hard as grad school was, and there's no slip of paper at the other end.

Sounds like you're on the right track. Keep at it.

audib

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 12, 2021
I have a phd in physics and do youtube / udemy as my main gig. I actually feel a bit smug about it, as virtually nobody with a phd would have the courage and fortitude to do this. It's just as hard as grad school was, and there's no slip of paper at the other end.

Sounds like you're on the right track. Keep at it.
How long have you been on YT?

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015