The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

20 year old from The Netherlands

Gerrald

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Apr 5, 2017
The Netherlands
Hi all,
Last Sunday I turned 20 years old. My family asked what I wanted for my birthday and I asked 'The millionaire Fastlane ' and 'Cashvertising'.

Last two days I have read very much and now I'm at page 275. It's a very nice and inspiring book, that's why I joined the forum.

First I'll tell some more about my history.
I'm a 20-year-old guy from The Netherlands.
Currently, I'm in the third year of college, my education at this school lasts 4 years.

I'm living with my parents to limit my expenses. I've read several books in my life:
- Rich dad, poor dad
- 4-hour workweek
- The richest man of Babylon
- Think big and grow rich

I found it interesting what the 'secrets' of rich people are. However, I didn't like the 'waiting' part of the books.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Long story on my history*

When I was 14, I searched on the internet to make more money than with my Saturday job. I found a 'make €250/per day with doing nothing' course. I convinced my brother (who was 18) to buy the course because I couldn't make transaction due to my age. That's the part where I found affiliate marketing.

I watched the video's of the course and we started 2 affiliate websites. After a few months, we didn't do anything to that websites and they went offline before they made money.

A year went and I found a new ad online and thought back of the course. I started to watch te video's again and I started a new websites. After three months I turned it down because 'it didn't work'. I started a new website, again I turned it down, you guess why.

The last website is posted in a follow-along at a make money forum. The people there advised me to make a website about something I liked because it would be easier to stick with it. I did that again in a follow-along, I asked why my website didn't make much money, people commented. I got one reply and send him a personal message. He made already 1k/month with affiliate marketing and his advice was to keep the website online while starting a new website with more commercial potential.

I did start a new website (in March 2015), the website indeed had more commercial potential, today the website still makes between €100-200/month.

The search volume was limited, so in August 2015 I started a website with more potential due to more search volume.

Because it takes quite a time before a website ranks, I decide to start (June 2016) a big website, an authority, I'm currently working on this one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I have around 6 affiliate websites and the income is growing. In 2016 I made €294/month on average. In February I made €520 and in March I made €800.

So I have a few websites that make me €500/month independently on what I'm doing. Don't get me wrong, I spent many hours at my affiliate websites, but its especially to make more money.
Every penny I earn gets back to my website in the form of texts.

I outsource all the texts because its more efficient and I don't like the writing very much (and I don't have much time for it). I found that each article on my website makes about €5-10/month. Currently I made a contentplan of 20 new texts per month.

I have a lot to learn, but I think I'm on my way to the Fastlane.

I joined the forum to learn new things, keep in the good mindset and network with the people who are at the place where I want to be.
In a while, I want to help other people, although I don't know if I'm in the position to help other because I have very much to learn myself.

My main goal at this moment is to make 1k/month. When I reach that my new goal is to make as much money from my affiliate websites as my starting salary when I graduate (June 2018), which is about 2k/month.

Sorry for bad Grammar (and the long post).

That was my introduction, questions?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gerrald

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Apr 5, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm so jealous.

When I was 20, all I did was hating myself and the world for the person I was and writing black metal lyrics.

Great intro. Good luck!

People tell that all the time.
They also did when I was a 14-year old boy at a makemoneyonline forum.
But what would you exactly do when you was 20?

Nice! A fellow dutchie.

--

The past few hours I spent at reading threads, most Gold ones.

I found this one (GOLD - 24 Years old: QUIT six-figure Job, Launched two Businesses) very inspiring.

But it also makes me doubt what I'm currently doing.

If I keep posting as much content as I'm currently doing (I have limited time due to school, 5 articles per week with 1k+ words is quite much for me now), in three years I will make between 5k-10k/month (it's definitely a lot of money, but it isn't 70k/month right?).
I can produce lots more content when I graduate in June 2018, but aside.

Topic of the day is, should I continue this affiliate websites I'm currently working on, or should I start another (e-commerce) business?

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
2017 Bump but still good read! If anyone was building niche sites I would say go to the people with income statements they are giving you a totally free education on what to do that is working or not working.

Gerrald

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Apr 5, 2017
The Netherlands
Hi @Gerrald
Nice intro and good to see a fellow Dutchman.
Are you still doing the content-affiliate-thing?

Thanks for the words!

And yes, I'm still doing the content-affiliate thing!

It's not all approved yet, but last month I made 4k+ a month for the first time.

I would finish my thesis in juni 2018, but due to tough conditions in my personal life it took me a year longer, so I graduated in juli 2019. I'm happy I finally have graduated and have made the decision to work on this affiliate thing full-time and not working for a boss.

Since september 2019 I'm renting a small office to have a better work/private balance and a better focus on my work.

In the fourth post of this thread I said I expected to make 5-10k/month in 3 years, last month I made 4k, so I'm quite on schedule. From there on things should go some faster, but I'm still thinking about how fastlane the things are I'm working on. I'm not seeing myself make 70k/month in three years..

Besides my biggest site is suffering from the Google update that Google rolled on 24-25 september. I lost several #1 positions that are now at positon 4-6 or something. I'm afraid I've lost a quarter till half of my visitors.

So overall I've got mixed feelings about what I'm doing at the moment. I see much points of improvement at my current sites, but on the other hand I'm dependent on Google so I have not much control..

Any thoughts?

algo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 25, 2019
Bennekom / Ede / Wageningen, The Netherlands
Hi @Gerrald

1. Where in The Netherlands are you based? I'm near Ede/Wageningen.
2. So you're actually researching and writing all the articles yourself, are you? That means you're also building up your own knowledge of specific domains (good!). What domain(s) is/are they in, or do you have a link to a website?
3. Maybe Google would not punish you so much if you were also selling your own products instead of purely affiliate (is that correct?).

David

Gerrald

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Apr 5, 2017
The Netherlands
Hi @Gerrald

1. Where in The Netherlands are you based? I'm near Ede/Wageningen.
2. So you're actually researching and writing all the articles yourself, are you? That means you're also building up your own knowledge of specific domains (good!). What domain(s) is/are they in, or do you have a link to a website?
3. Maybe Google would not punish you so much if you were also selling your own products instead of purely affiliate (is that correct?).

David

Hi David,

In other posts I have read that you're from Bennekom, I know that place, my mother is born there.. I'm from Kootwijkerbroek, near Barneveld, pretty close.

I'm not researching and writing the articles myself, I outsource all of that. My niches are power tools and coffee.

My focus is at two sites at the moment. The biggest site is Aankoopadvies koffieapparaten en accessoires - Kafea.nl and the other one is Reviews en aankoopgidsen gereedschap 2019 - Tresna.nl.

It could be possible Google would place me higher if my website was more relevant and fitted better with the searchers search intent. If the searcher wants to see products and my site is offering information it won't be on #1 again.

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands

Please SEARCH before posting.