The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

20 and stuck in a rut

ImUrBoss

New Contributor
Oct 30, 2016
I have been working on a Minecraft server for the past year. Basically the fastlane about this is it has potential to make money for me while I'm not working on it. There are a few top servers with 10,000+ players online and getting loads of donations everyday. I have the programming skills to remake everything on the top servers unlike 90% of the minecraft server owners out there. I have all the time and enough money to host my minecraft server. I dont have any excuses not to do this minecraft server.

I have the skills,time and money. I have great ideas but I coninuosly keep changing my mind. I can work on one idea for 3 days then ill decide to do a different idea because i think its better.(by idea i mean a feature with the minecraft server) Then the process continues and this really stresses me out. Seems like i'm a perfectionist which is making this so hard and stressful for me. At the same time I don't want to put out crap but I just cant come to making a decision about a plan for how my minecraft server will be game wise.

Cliffs:
I just keep changing my mind about things every couple days
I have been trying to do this for the past year
I have no excuses not to do this
I want to do this and i want it to be successful
But my mind keeps F*cking me over

I dont need anyone to tell me not to do this because I know i want to do this for sure. The other servers i can remake and if they can get 10,000 players i can too. I just looking for help/advice for people who were in my situation of having a hard time with making decisions and sticking to them in an organized fashion. The minecraft server is my only focus as a business goal because its the only thing i can see myself exceling with and having fun doing. Please help!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
You just landed into a goldmine.Read all the post in here.I too still a very beginner and am almost twenty.Don't forget to read the TMF book.I was also a a wantreprenure prior to landing this goldmine.Remember this is a process not an event.Again I am saying read all the threads and MJ's book then you will realize what you need to do.

All the best

Last edited:

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Hello,

Nice to meet you man and thanks for the good introduction! I'm an 18 year old from Ireland and have been a member of this community for over a year. I was a Minecraft server owner for just over five years and I recently gave it up in June. When I say a server owner I mean multiple different servers during that time from 30-40 player max ones to 300-400 player ones (peak times). I can personally say that while I have made over 10,000$ from this over the course of the five years its not something that can be realistically pursued as a fastlane venture and I could have said that back two or three years ago as well but I loved the extra bit of income it gave me. The game is also beginning to die and thats why I stepped away from it. Hate to burst your bubble.

I'm moving onto this:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...-company-15k-per-month-within-9-months.69971/

Where I can apply a lot of the skills that I gained from running and managing the servers and staff on them.

Best of luck in whatever you choose!

• Banned

ImUrBoss

New Contributor
Oct 30, 2016
Hello,

Nice to meet you man and thanks for the good introduction! I'm an 18 year old from Ireland and have been a member of this community for over a year. I was a Minecraft server owner for just over five years and I recently gave it up in June. When I say a server owner I mean multiple different servers during that time from 30-40 player max ones to 300-400 player ones (peak times). I can personally say that while I have made over 10,000$ from this over the course of the five years its not something that can be realistically pursued as a fastlane venture and I could have said that back two or three years ago as well but I loved the extra bit of income it gave me. The game is also beginning to die and thats why I stepped away from it. Hate to burst your bubble.

I'm moving onto this:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...-company-15k-per-month-within-9-months.69971/

Where I can apply a lot of the skills that I gained from running and managing the servers and staff on them.

Best of luck in whatever you choose!
Thanks lol I would look into other stuff but im afraid I will get hooked on it and never finish my minecraft server. When I start something I like to finish it. I'm not about the money I'm about having fun doing what I do best (programming). I feel like the minecraft server outlet is perfect for me to bring my ideas to life for the world to see. Sure it may not make as much as most people would consider fastlane stuff do. But I would rather have fun doing a minecraft server and make x amount of money than doing somthing else that im not passionate about and making x2 money. I'm not in this to be rich im in it to beself employed and to eventually use the money i get from my server to start other projects such as the website link you sent me. For now i NEED to finish what i started which i know will be before janury 1st for sure. I was just looking for advice to make smart final decisions in as little time as possible when dealing with a competitive market.

As far as the minecraft community dieing yes i have seen plenty servers shut down and people afraid to start them. Most reason I see is they cost too much. Which is why me being the programmer for the server all I have to pay for is some graphics and the server themsleves. Mojang just came out with a new update for minecraft and another one is coming out soon. Its not like all players will leave minecraft eventually. Maybe they will leave small servers but my server wont be small due to my programming skills. My server will have plenty of minigames like the top 3 servers do and %90 of other servers dont. Thanks though

Welcome! Have you read the book?

No I havent read the book I dont have money to blow right now. I dont really believe in "read a book and change your life". I already know what I want to do and I'm making progress day by day. Reading the book will take too much time out of my day although if i had the money I would def read the book anyways because I am always willing to learn.

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Excuse my ignorance as I know next to nothing about minecraft but this sounds very low barrier to entry to me.

What value can you add exactly over the (presumably) multitude of established servers already out there?

• Banned

ImUrBoss

New Contributor
Oct 30, 2016
Excuse my ignorance as I know next to nothing about minecraft but this sounds very low barrier to entry to me.

What value can you add exactly over the (presumably) multitude of established servers already out there?
I have programming skills which allows me to remake anything existing servers already have. Its not about me deciding wether or not i want to do this. It's about me getting help with making decisions smartly and sticking to them. That is my problem that I need to solve to make this a success.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Wait, wait, wait..you own a minecraft server!!!!!!
I know what you can do with it....I left the idea for another. But you have the tools. I can program, you could make mods, having a server would give you excess to possible freelance crew to build maps, games and others.
Minecraft IS a goldmine. It is effing versatile in the sense you can create anything on it.

Just imagine...not only you can create buildings, you can use it to TEACH STUFF.

Let me tell you what I used Minecraft for. Not for a Fastlane. But for a history presentation at school As you know, history is a boring subject no one except nerds would love. So I made a Minecraft presentation.I made buildings, made storylines, recorded historical events reenacted like movies....and it was a hit!

Although all that kind of positioning, arranging and recording is hard work, you have access to more manpower. Leverage it and you have a business going. An educational business! The key idea is to:

1. Present a boring but important subject (academic or business topic) in a fun and interactive way through Minecraft
2. Instead of boring lessons, you could engage participants in virtual games and challenges. Look up on those map gameplays for ideas...tons of them!
3.And Minecraft can be played anyway as long there's internet!
4. Get a Minecraft team to help you with the videos and the sales and marketing, and although the going will be tough, you can give something that NO ONE can give.

Been done already to teach preschoolers, but I think you can bring it to higher levels and add something more to the table.
PM me and I might be able to send some samples of my prototypes. I play Minecraft and I might be interested to add value!
Minecraft did make millionaires out of Youtubers like CaptainSparklez and even Pewds.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I dont have money to blow right now.

Yea, a $10 dollar risk is just too much risk to potentially change your life forever.

I already know what I want to do and I'm making progress day by day.

Newsflash: The market doesn't give a crap "what you want to do."

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

As long we give it what it wants!
Just yesterday I was reading a news report on another protest that the government was not creating new jobs. Damn Sidewalkers, always blaming the government for everything.

'Give me a job!'

The top billionaire in my country is an entrepreneur. He's into the sugar industry but he created a bread company to provide jobs in the wake of a corporate transition. Guess what, the bread was better and healthier and tastier (I testify to it)than existing bread brands. The news that it gave more jobs pushed the public to support the guy, and that was when things blew with a Fastlane boom!

Give value! Fulfill needs!

Kujo.show

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Nov 21, 2016
I've done the same thing you're trying to do and I'll tell you it's worth it. I had no programming experience, only a good idea, and a work ethic. Unfortunately, the one area I neglected while programming was the most important - the security. Everything I had was hacked, my reputation was destroyed and I lost a potential moneymaking machine. You sound like you know what you're doing so I'm sure you'll make it big. Pm me anytime, It'd be awesome to talk.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I've done the same thing you're trying to do and I'll tell you it's worth it. I had no programming experience, only a good idea, and a work ethic. Unfortunately, the one area I neglected while programming was the most important - the security. Everything I had was hacked, my reputation was destroyed and I lost a potential moneymaking machine. You sound like you know what you're doing so I'm sure you'll make it big. Pm me anytime, It'd be awesome to talk.

Security....stay tuned. I want to look into it too. Even top sites get hacked every other day.

ImUrBoss

New Contributor
Oct 30, 2016
Wait, wait, wait..you own a minecraft server!!!!!!
I know what you can do with it....I left the idea for another. But you have the tools. I can program, you could make mods, having a server would give you excess to possible freelance crew to build maps, games and others.
Minecraft IS a goldmine. It is effing versatile in the sense you can create anything on it.

Just imagine...not only you can create buildings, you can use it to TEACH STUFF.

Let me tell you what I used Minecraft for. Not for a Fastlane. But for a history presentation at school As you know, history is a boring subject no one except nerds would love. So I made a Minecraft presentation.I made buildings, made storylines, recorded historical events reenacted like movies....and it was a hit!

Although all that kind of positioning, arranging and recording is hard work, you have access to more manpower. Leverage it and you have a business going. An educational business! The key idea is to:

1. Present a boring but important subject (academic or business topic) in a fun and interactive way through Minecraft
2. Instead of boring lessons, you could engage participants in virtual games and challenges. Look up on those map gameplays for ideas...tons of them!
3.And Minecraft can be played anyway as long there's internet!
4. Get a Minecraft team to help you with the videos and the sales and marketing, and although the going will be tough, you can give something that NO ONE can give.

Been done already to teach preschoolers, but I think you can bring it to higher levels and add something more to the table.
PM me and I might be able to send some samples of my prototypes. I play Minecraft and I might be interested to add value!
Minecraft did make millionaires out of Youtubers like CaptainSparklez and even Pewds.
Hey that sounds like a great idea that i would love to implement in the future. I say in the future because I already got so far with what I already started server wise that I NEED to finish it first. Its so close to being done now I'm on the wall deciding wether or not I should add more features to make my server even more unique because eahc new feature delays the servers release date.(And i just want to hurry up and release it and make money or continue to improve it until it makes money). Its always cool to be in contact with like minded people feel free to PM me your skype.

Yea, a $10 dollar risk is just too much risk to potentially change your life forever.

I work on my server 18-20 hours a day straight i dont see what reading a book would do. I already know what I want to do and I already have a strong work ethic that progresses my server forward towards its release date. I really wasn't expecting such a cold seeming response like that from you. From what I can tell you havent read everything I wrote because what you commented seems to me like something you would tell someone who doesnt knwo what they want to do or they are to lazy to do what they have to do to get what they want.

Please don't mistake me I know what I want, I know what i have to do. I work on my goal every day and only my server goal nothing else. 100% focus on my goal and progress is being made. What would a $10 book do for me at this point other then take time out of my day? I'm a born hustler hungry to live the life I want.

I never said the market gives a **** what I want to do. And I really dont give a damn whether or not they do. I know as log as I keep at this I will eventually make it big I just have the feeling with this that I never had with anything else. I'm just going to do what I think is cool and what I think adds value because that is what is fun for me. At this point in life there is nothing that I could care for to do with my life other than this server. I've been fired from jobs, "let go" "replaced" for bullshit reasons. I don't like having to dress up for a job interview. Or having to comb my hair a certain way or wear silly wardrobe for jobs.

I just want to live my life on my own terms without a reason to need validation from anyone all while being happy and affording to do so. This server goal of mine makes me happier then anything else. Working at jobs was always boring often asking myself while working an 8 hour shift "can i really do this" telling myself "im so tired" "i wish time went by faster". Good thing I was always let go or fired from jobs because I ever quit anything i start NEVER.

I would rather do my server goal everyday and be broke then work a normal job and live paycheck to paycheck being that i dont have a college degree and dont care for one. I find my happiness is worth more than money so i will continue to do my server avenue and it will one day make it big. I dont know how i will pay for rent in january because i dont have an income LOL but im not even worried about that. I dont know if anyone else experiences this but whenerver I feel good I can just think of something and it will come true really fast depending on how happy i am. Certain situations happened to me in the past that i thought were bad but truned out to be blessings. I dont even question anything i just focus on being happy and working on my server fuels my happiness.

@MJ DeMarco I watched an interview with you and how you think "do what you love" is fraudulent and that people need to start thinking about adding value so they can make money. Maybe thats why you came at me like im a lazy idiot? When you were 20 you didnt follow through withwhat you loved to do and now you regret it? Doesnt it make sense to do what you love and be happy then be average or "semi happy" doing something else and making a bunch of money? I dont see how doing what you love and feeling happy about it is fraudulent. I can spawn my ideas and thoughts into a reality ONLY when I am happy. I feel good doing what I love and all the money you make goes back in the box when you die. Would rather die from being broke and doing what i loved then die filthy rich but never finishing what i started because "it was something i loed to do"

cool perhaps you can give me some pointers for my server. PM me and or send your skype always good to be in contact with like minded people.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hey that sounds like a great idea that i would love to implement in the future. I say in the future because I already got so far with what I already started server wise that I NEED to finish it first. Its so close to being done now I'm on the wall deciding wether or not I should add more features to make my server even more unique because eahc new feature delays the servers release date.(And i just want to hurry up and release it and make money or continue to improve it until it makes money). Its always cool to be in contact with like minded people feel free to PM me your skype.

I work on my server 18-20 hours a day straight....

cool perhaps you can give me some pointers for my server. PM me and or send your skype always good to be in contact with like minded people.

Try not to put too much time on building your server. There are many other things to do to promote it, let alone Fastlane it.

Minecraft is very unique because you can say it is a Notch-version of the INTERNET.
1. It has MODS. You can put stuff usually alien to the game, like guns, chemicals, vehicles and monsters. Most of the time you don't need to make the mods and do all the back-breaking coding because IT'S ALREADY BEEN DONE. Even redstone circuitry and maps! I download whole towns and maps, and even combine them together on MC edit!

2. Multiplayer and sever can provide FEEDBACK. You can discuss stuff pretty much like a real forum. You might be able to find some Minecrafters to help you out with videos, extras, promoting, etc. Some might have promo blogs on their own...MJ went that route to promote the TMF

Now's the operational part.

CAN YOU CONNECT MINECRAFT TO THE REAL WORLD?

And I'm not talking about entertainment or game-play videos. There's too many of them.
I did history videos on Minecraft (sadly I can't show them here because they are in Malay langugage, you might not understand it!-) and put them up because I knew history can be a very dry subject no one likes to talk about. With Minecraft, I can produce a more interactive storyline, better graphics compared to dry textbooks or crap-talking TV channels and of course I provide a NEED. People want boring subjects to be presented in an unusually attractive manner.

Can you think up of any boring subjects you can present online in a fun and educational manner? Here are a few on my mind:
1. Accounting. Rich dad poor dad ruined it for me....:(
2.Construction. Add mods for better realistic physics.
3. Business. It should be interesting to see a Fastlane business within an NPC village. Look into this....a series of videos would be potentially a hit!
4. Science and biology. I attempted to make Chemistry videos, but I needed more advanced mods....see if you can look into this. Most physics and chemistry videos are boring as lard.

There, it settles need! Don't worry about 'doing what you love' part. What matters is that you provide for a NEED, SCALE IT (try to put up your own website to feature your videos when you get sales), build up an active team interested in your work to SEPARATE YOUR INCOME FROM TIME and gather TESTIMONIALS in order to rope more people in and give you the PASSION.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Please don't mistake me I know what I want, I know what i have to do. I work on my goal every day and only my server goal nothing else. 100% focus on my goal and progress is being made. What would a $10 book do for me at this point other then take time out of my day? I'm a born hustler hungry to live the life I want.

I never said the market gives a **** what I want to do. And I really dont give a damn whether or not they do. I know as log as I keep at this I will eventually make it big I just have the feeling with this that I never had with anything else. I'm just going to do what I think is cool and what I think adds value because that is what is fun for me. At this point in life there is nothing that I could care for to do with my life other than this server. I've been fired from jobs, "let go" "replaced" for bullshit reasons. I don't like having to dress up for a job interview. Or having to comb my hair a certain way or wear silly wardrobe for jobs.

I would rather do my server goal everyday and be broke then work a normal job and live paycheck to paycheck being that i dont have a college degree and dont care for one. I find my happiness is worth more than money so i will continue to do my server avenue and it will one day make it big. I dont know how i will pay for rent in january because i dont have an income LOL but im not even worried about that.

As long you are confident you can provide for NEEDS, and you love the job, so much the better. But you'll have to put in the hard work. Pewdiepie was selling hotdogs after he dropped out to pursue Youtubing...but he did provide needs...he provided GAME PROMOTION AND INSTRUCTION. Some of the indie games he played required advice in development of tactics to win it, and he could provide that in his typical outstanding way by screaming :)

I'll give him that.

As for books, try to get them for free or at lower prices. They might be just as risky as business venture...for all you know they might be sales pullers. Find books that would cater to the problems that you have. There are Minecraft books on redstone circuitry and mechanics...if you like. Take notes and go through them swiftly. Sometimes I check out reviews or Quora or other summarising sites to find the gist of the books. Be swift, take what you need and move on. The Fastlane is dynamic.

Perhaps Minecraft could help make the info absorption a lot more faster...look at that as a need. It has not been done yet!:cool:

M Power

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 3, 2015
Illinois

I work on my server 18-20 hours a day straight i dont see what reading a book would do. I already know what I want to do and I already have a strong work ethic that progresses my server forward towards its release date. I really wasn't expecting such a cold seeming response like that from you. From what I can tell you havent read everything I wrote because what you commented seems to me like something you would tell someone who doesnt knwo what they want to do or they are to lazy to do what they have to do to get what they want.

I just want to live my life on my own terms without a reason to need validation from anyone all while being happy and affording to do so. This server goal of mine makes me happier then anything else. Working at jobs was always boring often asking myself while working an 8 hour shift "can i really do this" telling myself "im so tired" "i wish time went by faster". Good thing I was always let go or fired from jobs because I ever quit anything i start NEVER.

I would rather do my server goal everyday and be broke then work a normal job and live paycheck to paycheck being that i dont have a college degree and dont care for one. I find my happiness is worth more than money so i will continue to do my server avenue and it will one day make it big. I dont know how i will pay for rent in january because i dont have an income LOL but im not even worried about that. I dont know if anyone else experiences this but whenerver I feel good I can just think of something and it will come true really fast depending on how happy i am. Certain situations happened to me in the past that i thought were bad but truned out to be blessings. I dont even question anything i just focus on being happy and working on my server fuels my happiness.

@MJ DeMarco I watched an interview with you and how you think "do what you love" is fraudulent and that people need to start thinking about adding value so they can make money. Maybe thats why you came at me like im a lazy idiot? When you were 20 you didnt follow through withwhat you loved to do and now you regret it? Doesnt it make sense to do what you love and be happy then be average or "semi happy" doing something else and making a bunch of money? I dont see how doing what you love and feeling happy about it is fraudulent. I can spawn my ideas and thoughts into a reality ONLY when I am happy. I feel good doing what I love and all the money you make goes back in the box when you die. Would rather die from being broke and doing what i loved then die filthy rich but never finishing what i started because "it was something i loed to do"

Dude, you just had MJ himself drop a truth bomb on you in one of your first threads and you dismissed it. If you haven't read the book why are you here? Not trying to be rude but it'll give you the mindset you need to make the smart decisions you seek. I'm 20 as well and reading your comment motivated me to log in and reply to you after months of lurking becuase this kind of stuff is exactly what frightens me about our generation. MJ wasnt being an a$$ by saying the market doesnt care what makes you happy, hes being honest. You might have to do things that only make you "semi happy" to earn the lifestyle that allows you to do the things that make you truly happy. It seems like you just want someone to give you a step-by-step on how to make money on your minecraft server, if so i believe this may be the wrong forum for you.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Dude, you just had MJ himself drop a truth bomb on you in one of your first threads and you dismissed it. If you haven't read the book why are you here? Not trying to be rude but it'll give you the mindset you need to make the smart decisions you seek. I'm 20 as well and reading your comment motivated me to log in and reply to you after months of lurking becuase this kind of stuff is exactly what frightens me about our generation. MJ wasnt being an a$$ by saying the market doesnt care what makes you happy, hes being honest. You might have to do things that only make you "semi happy" to earn the lifestyle that allows you to do the things that make you truly happy. It seems like you just want someone to give you a step-by-step on how to make money on your minecraft server, if so i believe this may be the wrong forum for you.

The market is consisting mostly of Sidewalkers and Slowlaners. That is why the market doesn't care about our likes...it IS SELFISH.
I mean, I don't hear my video-gamer friends asking whether the maker of the games likes his job....they want high-quality kick-a$$ games. Very low-level thinking, but if you can settle them, you have hit a gold mine.

A minecraft sever on its own can't make money. You have to use it as a TOOL to teach or give value to help others. Let me repeat, USE IT AS A TOOL TO HELP OTHERS. Put up videos, write a blog to promote, or even short books!

ImUrBoss

New Contributor
Oct 30, 2016
Yeah at the end of the day I dont know shit abotu what i dont know. Maybe the book has that one thing i need to help me make decsions(my weak point in life). @MJ DeMarco Apologize if i cam off offensive earlier... I think I'll take the time and read the book. thx

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Yeah at the end of the day I dont know shit abotu what i dont know. Maybe the book has that one thing i need to help me make decsions(my weak point in life). @MJ DeMarco Apologize if i cam off offensive earlier... I think I'll take the time and read the book. thx

It will do well to continue to read it again and again throughout your Fastlane journey as a refresher on vital concepts. Sometimes we get caught up doing stuff and forgetting fastlane doctrines.
Besides TMF is very clean and no BS compared to those 'glorious' self-help and guru crap books.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
20 and stuck in a rut

And yet, here you are arguing the advice you are receiving. You can be right and continue in your rut, or be wrong and make some progress.

I just want to live my life on my own terms without a reason to need validation from anyone all while being happy and affording to do so.

In order to live life "on your terms" you need money -- and a lot of it. Any thinking otherwise is hippie socialism and idealistic nonsense.

So in order to acquire money (and enough of it to "live on your terms") you need to provide value, or at least, perceived value, and do so in a scalable amount. In other words, you cannot make money unless you receive substantial market validation. So in order to "live on your terms" without validation from others is a contradiction -- saying "I don't need validation" is like thinking you can bake a cake in an oven that doesn't heat to over 100 degrees.

Markets are not tamed to your internal desires for happiness, "doing what you love" or whatever you are seeking.

I watched an interview with you and how you think "do what you love" is fraudulent

It's not that it's fraudulent, it's just that it is the wrong premise unto which to succeed. The problem is, "do what you love" is fraught with saturated markets and markets that are not ripe for exploitation. It's a lower-probability venture and a higher competition endeavor...

Look, I'm not trying to dissuade you from doing whatever you are doing.

Sounds like you got a great grasp on some technical things which will definitely help you along the way.

In fact, it sounds like you have the raw materials to do some great things.

I'm simply trying focus those raw materials into actions to improve your probabilities and deliver meaningful results.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I never said the market gives a **** what I want to do. And I really dont give a damn whether or not they do. I know as log as I keep at this I will eventually make it big I just have the feeling with this that I never had with anything else.

I just want to live my life on my own terms without a reason to need validation from anyone all while being happy and affording to do so.

I dont know how i will pay for rent in january because i dont have an income LOL but im not even worried about that.

Doesnt it make sense to do what you love and be happy then be average or "semi happy" doing something else and making a bunch of money?

I dont know if anyone else experiences this but whenerver I feel good I can just think of something and it will come true really fast depending on how happy i am.

giphy.gif

You're a month away from being homeless. I don't know about you, but for me, a good portion of my happiness is built on top of me having a home.

Have you considered getting a job and putting this server project on hold?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
You're a month away from being homeless. I don't know about you, but for me, a good portion of my happiness is built on top of me having a home.

Yes, I have to agree with you.
A Fastlane cannot be built on the base of a warzone of deprivation! Talk about a house on sandy soil!
Do put the project on hold, for now.

ImUrBoss

New Contributor
Oct 30, 2016
For all who may concern I launched my business. And money is coming in. I just got a car, apartment and I also have 2 jobs. I'm about to invest in a truck and trailer and start a landscaping buisness. Hiring some friends to work for $10 and hour while I charge the client $40 and hour per worker. Planning to do this in rich neighbor hoods and get a couple accounts instead of going to middle/low income communities and doing 40-50 small yards a week that people only want done every month or even worse year.

@MJ DeMarco you are right about doing what you love isnt always the best because what someone loves isnt always a big money maker. Thanks for helping me realize this. In this case doing what i loved helped me advance big time to save up and get a couple things checked of the list of things i want.

If anyone has business ideas i can invest my money in that can work for themsleves like landscaping or minecraft server let me know please.

ImUrBoss

New Contributor
Oct 30, 2016
giphy.gif

Like always I just payed attention to my emotions and focused on feeling good or feeling better and everything worked out. I don't see why you would wish me something like that lol. I do have jobs now but I dont care about them I just do them for extra money so i can invest to start more money makers.

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
@MJ DeMarco you are right about doing what you love isnt always the best because what someone loves isnt always a big money maker.

Kudos on the minset shift.

If anyone has business ideas i can invest my money in that can work for themsleves like landscaping or minecraft server let me know please.

How'd you go from broke bordering on homeless to investor in 2 weeks? (solicitation is against forum rules by the way)

ImUrBoss

New Contributor
Oct 30, 2016
Kudos on the minset shift.

How'd you go from broke bordering on homeless to investor in 2 weeks? (solicitation is against forum rules by the way)
Reality hit me big I realized the situation I was in and I realized exactly what I want. I then grew a burning desire for what I wanted which led to action of launching my business and continuously applying for jobs.

It's so easy when you really want something for it to become a reality so long as you watch your emotions and focus on feeling good 24/7 or feeling better when mad/sad and having faith in the universe to give you what you want. Opportunities came to me at every corner some I even had to turn down LOL due to colliding with my schedule. All in all I can say after realizing the real world and how hard it is without money. I knew If I wanted to live my life without validation(talking, dressing, walking, eating, speaking) etc how i want without giving a F*ck. How good is it to be able to be myself in society and not worry about shit because I have money in the bank XD. I just wanted that life with all my own shit that i can look back and say I earnt that shit myself. To not worry about my hours being cut or fired because I let an angry customer talk shit to me or throw something at me in a Job. NO that customer is getting a piece of me and I dont give a dam because I got money in the bank XD. I know that seems immature but id do it so that customer doesnt think they can treat workers like shit. Next time he thinks to disrespect someone who is working at say mcdonalds to make ends meet for his family the shitty customer will think twice about talking shit and being disrespectful.

To recap though all I did was:
1. Stay positive through everything even what seemed bad because It always turns out good IF you watch your emotions and keep them positive.
2. Know what you want and what you dont want. If you don't know what you want think what you dont want and the opposite of it is what you do.
3. Quit the bullshit of buying bullshit and now I save whatever doesnt go into food/bills about %80 of my income goes to savings for me to start future money makers. F*ck the save 10 or 20 percent.

Then your subconscious will make you feel instincts to take action of various ways to get what you want. You just have to learn to take action immediately especially on opportunities for fast success.

I think I will be a millionaire by 21 with my current mindset.One key thing is letting my subconscious take over. I can literally get any job done fast by just telling myself to let my subconscious do the work and literally I just watch through my eyes my body take over and finish the job. Much like an auto pilot or when you find yourself making the turns towards home while driving without even thinking about it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...