The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

18 wanting to make a change and be financially free by 30

mbRichard

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 4, 2016
To start off, my name's Richard and I am an aspiring Entrepreneur and Investor looking to make a change in the world. I have struggled with really changing my life around, in terms of dedicating myself to a specific project, making money and grinding through, but I feel as if by following the right people and taking it one step at a time my hunger will manifest and I will not be able to be stopped. The reason why I say change the world is really because I thoroughly enjoy helping others achieve their goals or dreams, or help them anyway possible - and I believe that just having someone come up to me and say "Hey bro, you helped me achieve my goal, I would like to thank you" would be amazing.

My current end goal is being financially free before 30, and being able to retire my parents. I come from Australia, and honestly, I never really had a hard life, but rather, it wasn't hard because my parents never wanted us to seem like it was hard. I didn't realise it till I was older, but after my Dad was let go from his job, he decided to get into his own cleaning business. There were a couple of months when he was jobless, and thus the stress built up in our family, and I could feel it being a dark time for us. Eventually, once my Dad started getting clients, he was able to get a contract with a company to clean 6 days a week. My parents have stable jobs now, but are working 6, sometimes 7 (half days) a week, waking up at 6 in the morning, finishing at 12 at night. The reason why I tell this story is that my whole life my parents gave me the illusion that we were comfortable, which I was of course, but really I want them to slow down as the age and start enjoying their lives. There is really no way to pay them back in full, but I can by showing them I will become successful and send them of to the Philippines :)

I didn't really get influenced by anyone specifically to go down the Entrepreneurial path, but, I knew that I never wanted to work for anyone in the future. Studying millionaires throughout the past 2 years and reading the book "Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki" really gave me the gist of what I want my life to be like in the future.

I currently have made a Clothing Line specifically Gym Attire named Lifter Wear, with limited amount of resources and capital, I am currently finding new people and ideas to turn my clothing into a madhouse of a brand. I have started this with my Brother (who I guess could say is the investor as none of the funds are of my own), and we are at our 3rd batch of clothes, having 0 sales. I am constantly trying to find ways to market these items, and Social Media is one of them, having opened a Facebook up recently, and soon to be opening an Instagram. I understand the risks associated with a Clothing Line - especially one with a niche of Fitness oriented people, but I firmly believe that what the Fitness industry is lacking are the skills and the message we are trying to convey to our consumers.

I am currently in Uni studying a Bachelor of Business (Marketing), and quite frankly hate University. I am interested in creating a YouTube, in both Gaming as well as Promo vids for my brand and Workout videos. I have a strong passion for editing, creating and producing videos. After I build a way to work from the comfort of my own home, I would love to learn how to invest in properties specifically, then maybe onto stocks and bonds.

The reason why I have joined this forum is to really just surround myself with people with the same goals and ambitions that I have. I want to constantly push myself, grind and go through hardships for myself in order to attain that sweet taste of victory. I have come to this forum to honestly change my life, and I understand that I cannot do this alone. I have read many peoples success stories and I feel it's finally time to create my own.

Some basic questions to start off:
1. As a current brand owner, what are some tips you guys have to actually make sales?
2. I struggle to really put all of my energy and efforts into something, I know it's my own self limiting that, but are there any tips on how to improve productivity?
3. Tips for running a business having 0 experience?
4. How to find people or a mentor that have the same alignments with my goals and ambitions?

I appreciate any help and support :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kujo.show

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Nov 21, 2016
To start off, my name's Richard and I am an aspiring Entrepreneur and Investor looking to make a change in the world. I have struggled with really changing my life around, in terms of dedicating myself to a specific project, making money and grinding through, but I feel as if by following the right people and taking it one step at a time my hunger will manifest and I will not be able to be stopped. The reason why I say change the world is really because I thoroughly enjoy helping others achieve their goals or dreams, or help them anyway possible - and I believe that just having someone come up to me and say "Hey bro, you helped me achieve my goal, I would like to thank you" would be amazing.

My current end goal is being financially free before 30, and being able to retire my parents. I come from Australia, and honestly, I never really had a hard life, but rather, it wasn't hard because my parents never wanted us to seem like it was hard. I didn't realise it till I was older, but after my Dad was let go from his job, he decided to get into his own cleaning business. There were a couple of months when he was jobless, and thus the stress built up in our family, and I could feel it being a dark time for us. Eventually, once my Dad started getting clients, he was able to get a contract with a company to clean 6 days a week. My parents have stable jobs now, but are working 6, sometimes 7 (half days) a week, waking up at 6 in the morning, finishing at 12 at night. The reason why I tell this story is that my whole life my parents gave me the illusion that we were comfortable, which I was of course, but really I want them to slow down as the age and start enjoying their lives. There is really no way to pay them back in full, but I can by showing them I will become successful and send them of to the Philippines :)

I didn't really get influenced by anyone specifically to go down the Entrepreneurial path, but, I knew that I never wanted to work for anyone in the future. Studying millionaires throughout the past 2 years and reading the book "Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki" really gave me the gist of what I want my life to be like in the future.

I currently have made a Clothing Line specifically Gym Attire named Lifter Wear, with limited amount of resources and capital, I am currently finding new people and ideas to turn my clothing into a madhouse of a brand. I have started this with my Brother (who I guess could say is the investor as none of the funds are of my own), and we are at our 3rd batch of clothes, having 0 sales. I am constantly trying to find ways to market these items, and Social Media is one of them, having opened a Facebook up recently, and soon to be opening an Instagram. I understand the risks associated with a Clothing Line - especially one with a niche of Fitness oriented people, but I firmly believe that what the Fitness industry is lacking are the skills and the message we are trying to convey to our consumers.

I am currently in Uni studying a Bachelor of Business (Marketing), and quite frankly hate University. I am interested in creating a YouTube, in both Gaming as well as Promo vids for my brand and Workout videos. I have a strong passion for editing, creating and producing videos. After I build a way to work from the comfort of my own home, I would love to learn how to invest in properties specifically, then maybe onto stocks and bonds.

The reason why I have joined this forum is to really just surround myself with people with the same goals and ambitions that I have. I want to constantly push myself, grind and go through hardships for myself in order to attain that sweet taste of victory. I have come to this forum to honestly change my life, and I understand that I cannot do this alone. I have read many peoples success stories and I feel it's finally time to create my own.

Some basic questions to start off:
1. As a current brand owner, what are some tips you guys have to actually make sales?
2. I struggle to really put all of my energy and efforts into something, I know it's my own self limiting that, but are there any tips on how to improve productivity?
3. Tips for running a business having 0 experience?
4. How to find people or a mentor that have the same alignments with my goals and ambitions?

I appreciate any help and support :)
I can't really offer much in terms of advice but it would be awesome if we could have a chat. Im almost 18. I'm trying to launch a clothing brand too. I'm an avid gym guy and I actually have some expertise with YouTuvbe(I run a small network). Hmu with pm and let's Skype sometime.

Ceewo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Jul 8, 2016
Hello Richard, welcome
check Randall Pich and his Live Fit, Golden Aesthetics by Artemus Dolgin and Gymshark. All of them are pretty big right now in the fitness/bodybuilding industry.

Do you lift? I think that Randall started hustling out of the car trunk, selling to his gym buddies.

How is your clothing different?
What is the "the message"?

When it comes to the "next shiny object syndrome" there are several threads on this forum about that, for me whenever i think about new "make money fast by something, 10 minutes a day to earn 10000$ per week" i tell myself that i already have one business which i have to make work. I would pursue another business only when there would be a really strong need and it wouldn't hurt my first business.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Sell one shirt, then buy more. Stop buying batches of crap no one is ever going to buy. Instead, print 10-20 different shirts you think will sell and try and flip them. The goal here is to learn how to market and sell product, not to build a brand, at least not at this point. You can't build a brand around things no one wants.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States

mbRichard

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 4, 2016
Hello Richard, welcome
check Randall Pich and his Live Fit, Golden Aesthetics by Artemus Dolgin and Gymshark. All of them are pretty big right now in the fitness/bodybuilding industry.

Do you lift? I think that Randall started hustling out of the car trunk, selling to his gym buddies.

How is your clothing different?
What is the "the message"?

When it comes to the "next shiny object syndrome" there are several threads on this forum about that, for me whenever i think about new "make money fast by something, 10 minutes a day to earn 10000$ per week" i tell myself that i already have one business which i have to make work. I would pursue another business only when there would be a really strong need and it wouldn't hurt my first business.

I believe my clothing is different simply by the way we present what is printed on them. For example, we don't go with any flashyness, we stick with raw and subtle, yet powerful messages such as - on a hoodie we have our logo ontop of the heart, and at the back a quote saying "Make a change. Not an excuse.". Although reading through the comments, I have found an insight on some problems that maybe the reason why we may not be selling and therefore might be changing the way we print this.

The message is really to motivate anyone who looks themselves in the mirror - especially at the gym. Also to motivate people who care to look at the product another is wearing.

Also I have checked out Randall Pich and follow him very closely. I will check out the others too, thanks :)

mbRichard

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 4, 2016
Sell one shirt, then buy more. Stop buying batches of crap no one is ever going to buy. Instead, print 10-20 different shirts you think will sell and try and flip them. The goal here is to learn how to market and sell product, not to build a brand, at least not at this point. You can't build a brand around things no one wants.

You put that in a perfect way. Thanks, I will keep that in mind. The mistake we made is really just looking at designs we personally felt we would wear and just went with it without thought of the market and the niche we are presenting them to. Will have a chat to my team about that!

mbRichard

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 4, 2016
Good luck to you sir. Your OP hit a cord with me.

Glad I can relate to people, it feels motivating !

You need to read this thread on the Inside. About a member who created a fitness clothing line. It would open your eyes to the challenges that you have ahead.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/womens-activewear-my-fastlane.47614/

Can't seem to access the URL, but it looks like very important information. Is there a way I can get in?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

Well, although you hate university ( and I share your opinion!), you might be able to take advantage of the fact that university is not just an academic institution. Some students there might be junkies in Youtubing, fashion, etc...in orders words Slowlaners who don't have the gab for academics but need coordination to be effective cogs in your Fastlane. See if you can get them to help out especially in your marketing and video-making. I've made videos before, and it's eats loads of time, time that could be spent developing your fitness brand.

Check out the sports clubs in your university. Here are some questions:
1. Do they have a NEED? I go for sports sometimes and trust me, washing the sports load can be a pain in the a$$. Can you create something that is somehow more dirt-resistant? That's one example! Get information of needs from the jocks!
2. Sports clubs can have mega events like run and tournaments. Some are even run public. Can it be a good opportunity to guerilla marketing or sponsor i.e build up an existing customer base?
3. Look carefully to take the shot. I am hearing lots of lads aiming to pick up fitness as a career. Whether they are let by 'do what you like for a living' is another thing, but you might as well sell them the trendy sports gear they need.

as for the gaming channel, put it aside. That niche is very competitive, as in displaying gameplay videos. However, your sports brand COULD be designed based on the game fads. I mean, if you like Naruto, and you want to be strong as him, won't you want to have a Naruto-inspired gym outfit...very Sidewalking, but well, we are on the outer side. But you needn't need to copy gaming fads to create gym clothes desgins. You MIGHT be able to create your own, for marketing leverage.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Can't seem to access the URL, but it looks like very important information. Is there a way I can get in?

There is a section of this forum called INSIDERS, that is non-indexed in Google, and where sometimes people share a little more details about their business then they would feel comfortable doing on the public side of the forum.

To sign up, click the "INSIDERS" tab at the top of your screen and find the sign up button.

It'd be worth it for you even to just read that one thread.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
There is a section of this forum called INSIDERS, that is non-indexed in Google, and where sometimes people share a little more details about their business then they would feel comfortable doing on the public side of the forum.

To sign up, click the "INSIDERS" tab at the top of your screen and find the sign up button.

It'd be worth it for you even to just read that one thread.

Ah, the INSIDERS! When my sales start coming in and requires advanced stuff and technicals, I should sign up for it!

mbRichard

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 4, 2016

[/QUOTE]

Well, although you hate university ( and I share your opinion!), you might be able to take advantage of the fact that university is not just an academic institution. Some students there might be junkies in Youtubing, fashion, etc...in orders words Slowlaners who don't have the gab for academics but need coordination to be effective cogs in your Fastlane. See if you can get them to help out especially in your marketing and video-making. I've made videos before, and it's eats loads of time, time that could be spent developing your fitness brand.

Check out the sports clubs in your university. Here are some questions:
1. Do they have a NEED? I go for sports sometimes and trust me, washing the sports load can be a pain in the a$$. Can you create something that is somehow more dirt-resistant? That's one example! Get information of needs from the jocks!
2. Sports clubs can have mega events like run and tournaments. Some are even run public. Can it be a good opportunity to guerilla marketing or sponsor i.e build up an existing customer base?
3. Look carefully to take the shot. I am hearing lots of lads aiming to pick up fitness as a career. Whether they are let by 'do what you like for a living' is another thing, but you might as well sell them the trendy sports gear they need.

as for the gaming channel, put it aside. That niche is very competitive, as in displaying gameplay videos. However, your sports brand COULD be designed based on the game fads. I mean, if you like Naruto, and you want to be strong as him, won't you want to have a Naruto-inspired gym outfit...very Sidewalking, but well, we are on the outer side. But you needn't need to copy gaming fads to create gym clothes desgins. You MIGHT be able to create your own, for marketing leverage.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input. I never thought about getting people from Uni to help me out. I am all too new at this, and networking is definitely I skill I will be practicing within the upcoming semester. Also, I didn't mean combining the two Gaming and Fitness together. Although, making Gameplay videos and playing Games is easy and fun, so why not try and make some money off of it? There will be two seperate channels is what I meant.

I was thinking of learning the skills needed to create videos/content, because quite frankly, I like to be the behind the scenes type of guy. I do enjoy making videos and content, but it is also true what you said. If I am able to find someone to do videos for me, it would save me heaps of time. Or maybe even work with them on creating a video, I am very picky when it comes to producing content and so forth.

As for Sports clubs, I wouldn't really say my niche is Sports-oriented, more of Bodybuilding/Lifting. <- That being said, I can also use that to open my options by creating a brand which can be used in different types of sports!

mbRichard

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 4, 2016
What is your website?

We currently do not have a Website, we're relying on a Facebook page and just a Starter website to begin with. I figured that because we haven't made much progress sales wise, there wouldn't be a point creating a website.

If you want to check us out we're at https://www.facebook.com/lifterwear/, and our store at https://lifterwear.ecwid.com/

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...