The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

18. Slade.

Sladeik

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 27, 2017
UK, London
Yo, what's up? Just an 18 year old looking to start my own business within the next 3 months. I'd love to hear advice if anyone has some to give. Anything! To do with startups, lifestyle, university, so on! I'd love to hear from you.

Regards,
Slade

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Catalin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 9, 2017
Welcome, Slade! :)

One huge eye-opener for me was MJ's first book. You should def read it if you haven't yet.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'd love to hear advice if anyone has some to give.

Read the 2 books this forum is based upon. Without them, your forum stay will be like a bull in a china shop.

Welcome aboard, and congrats on being so young and already in tune with the red-pill that is entrepreneurship!

Amon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Jun 29, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Yo, what's up? Just an 18 year old looking to start my own business within the next 3 months. I'd love to hear advice if anyone has some to give. Anything! To do with startups, lifestyle, university, so on! I'd love to hear from you.

Regards,
Slade

Welcome to the forum.

Pro tip that I wish someone had told me when I was off to uni last year..

you don't need 3 months to start a business.

There's endless ways to begin ----- unfortunately it's the hardest step in entrepreneurship.

I might be able to help you with your vision a little more but will need more information.

What are you working on now/ what do you spend your time doing? Are you hustling? How much are you making?

Are you going to uni from a practical standpoint? Or because pressure from mommy & daddy?

Sure I could show you some motivational videos or blanket inspirational statements but instead

Tell us more about yourself so we can save you some time

Sladeik

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 27, 2017
UK, London
Appreciate the comments! I'll definitely read the book after I'm done with 'Money: Master the game, 7 simple steps to financial freedom'.
Have made the decision to buy the book tomorrow!

Welcome to the forum.

Pro tip that I wish someone had told me when I was off to uni last year..

you don't need 3 months to start a business.

There's endless ways to begin ----- unfortunately it's the hardest step in entrepreneurship.

I might be able to help you with your vision a little more but will need more information.

What are you working on now/ what do you spend your time doing? Are you hustling? How much are you making?

Are you going to uni from a practical standpoint? Or because pressure from mommy & daddy?

Sure I could show you some motivational videos or blanket inspirational statements but instead

Tell us more about yourself so we can save you some time

Right now, I'm looking for jobs in London and local area. The job being related to software development, or digital marketing. Otherwise, I'm spending my time reading books whilst I prepare for university. If I'm unable to get any jobs in London or local area relating to software development or digital marketing, I'll aim to get a part time job as I wait for university. The book I'm reading right now is 'Money: Master the game, 7 simple steps to financial freedom'. I've recently finished 'The Richest Man in Babylon' and 'Rich Dad Poor Dad'.

I'm going to university for two reasons. To understand software engineering, and to be in a central location. I've been preparing to start my own Social Media Marketing Agency by researching online. Even though people such as Tai Lopez push their content, I believe there are much better alternatives than to spend £1,000 on a course when I could invest that into a business and learn through a course that's £300.

So - here's what I've been scheming business wise. Initially I was going to start my business in my area, a few days ago. However, a discussion with my brother has made me decide I'd wait. My brother runs his own company, and ran a company prior to this which was similar to Social Media Marketing in some ways. His advice was to wait, get experience across the summer, and then go to university to start my hustle. This is because my area I live in right now has a little amount of businesses that would be willing to partner with my company. He's not wrong. I live in the middle of nowhere, and many of the businesses won't benefit from the services I would offer. Not only that, but due to moving in the next two months, I would have to leave my clients.

So, what am I doing right now? Due to the inability of being unable to start a business in my local area, I've been educating myself financially, and will continue to read more books to educate myself. I have also been investigating Social Media Marketing, and have been educating myself so that when I finally come around to moving closer to University, I can begin to prepare. On the 18th of August I will be hiring a freelancer from Fiverr to create a website for my business. I will be ensuring that by the 1st of September I will have a functioning website which has all information set up for the consumers to view. I will be printing off leaflets to hand to businesses, and will also purchase magnets business cards, along with regular business cards. I will also be preparing audits the companies near the university. Showing them how I will be able to benefit their organisation. Along with this, I will be familiarising myself with a script that I will roughly base my conversations with clients off of.

Upon arriving at my university, I will use the first week to settle in, survey the area, set a firm schedule, and send off the audits to the companies. Then, from there I will aim to close deals with clients.

Last edited:

Sladeik

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 27, 2017
UK, London
Appreciate the comments! I'll definitely read the book after I'm done with 'Money: Master the game, 7 simple steps to financial freedom'.
Have made the decision to buy the book tomorrow!

njYwukr.png

Purchased as said. Will come on Saturday as can be seen. Appreciate the advice and words so far!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Purchased as said. Will come on Saturday as can be seen. Appreciate the advice and words so far!

Thanks, hope you enjoy it and find it relevant -- as a software guy, you are positioned nicely to tap into FL equations.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...