Hello all!
for the past few months I've been thinking about careers and what not, when I came across this forum. I've been working a part time job 20-30 hours per week and have been saving up my money. After doing some reading, I think that real estate is one of the best possible investments, and I would like to purchase property to rent out, become a landlord, etc as soon as possible. Obviously I understand that I must wait until im 18 until I can purchase property. I estimate that I will have somewhere between $5,000 to $15,000 by the time I am 18. I plan on working some sort of sales/construction job for about a year to save some money, or until I have at the very least 30k in the bank. The dilemma that I have reached is that in order to obtain any sort of loan i should be older and working a full time job. Say i was to save up 50k, and I requested to take out 50k in loans. Since my down payment is 50%, would the bank give it to me? Should I look for a private investor? As real estate ownership seems like a great passive income source, I would like to start the moment I can. Thank you!
for the past few months I've been thinking about careers and what not, when I came across this forum. I've been working a part time job 20-30 hours per week and have been saving up my money. After doing some reading, I think that real estate is one of the best possible investments, and I would like to purchase property to rent out, become a landlord, etc as soon as possible. Obviously I understand that I must wait until im 18 until I can purchase property. I estimate that I will have somewhere between $5,000 to $15,000 by the time I am 18. I plan on working some sort of sales/construction job for about a year to save some money, or until I have at the very least 30k in the bank. The dilemma that I have reached is that in order to obtain any sort of loan i should be older and working a full time job. Say i was to save up 50k, and I requested to take out 50k in loans. Since my down payment is 50%, would the bank give it to me? Should I look for a private investor? As real estate ownership seems like a great passive income source, I would like to start the moment I can. Thank you!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
