The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

14 Days Since TMF

Anything related to matters of the mind

Vixen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Mar 9, 2020
Spain
Fourteen days ago I started reading TMF , today I am completing Unscripted .

During these two weeks:

1) Did research on markets - What are people spending their money on? Identified a sector where the estimated worth is $63 billion and owns approximately 47% of the sector's market.
2) Identified issues within the areas as well as improvements and new services.
3) The project will be C.E.N.T.S. compliant.
4) Decided on my project.
5) Identified skills and experience required. Due to the nature of the project I will have to acquire some necessary skills.
6) Commenced with developing the skills required.

Developing the skills to commence with my project will take time. To ensure I do not become demotivated during this process, I review my life vision on a regular basis. I am part of an accountability group where we share ideas, successes and failures. My mobile phone screensaver is a shark..yep... To remind me I do not want to be the guppy.

I have always had a problem solver mind, identifying issues and coming up with solutions. Just never thought I am capable of solving the issues. Since reading TMF I am noticing more and more areas of opportunities. And admittedly have to constrain myself to be monogamous to my project. To release it from my mind, I write it down and tell myself I can look into them after this project.

My whys?

Relocating my family (13 people) to another country for safety and peace of mind.
Living in a (all year round) warm (read hot) country. Cold weather, however minimum, turns me into a hibernating bear.
Having the freedom to do what I want when I want - financial freedom.
Enjoying the activities I love without being concerned about how I pay for my living costs.
Travel where and when I want.
Ultimately owning a property with both mountain backdrop and ocean view, with a private beach.

I will post updates of my progresses.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Well done @Vixen ! It's encouraging to see someone moving immediately on their inspiration instead of the typical action-faking that takes place.

Vixen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Mar 9, 2020
Spain
Well done @Vixen ! It's encouraging to see someone moving immediately on their inspiration instead of the typical action-faking that takes place.
Considering my age, I should be scootering on hey. No time to waste now:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Developing the skills to commence with my project will take time. To ensure I do not become demotivated during this process, I review my life vision on a regular basis. I am part of an accountability group where we share ideas, successes and failures. My mobile phone screensaver is a shark..yep... To remind me I do not want to be the guppy.
I will post updates of my progresses
Can't wait to hear them. :innocent: :halo:

Vixen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Mar 9, 2020
Spain
Can't wait to hear them. :innocent: :halo:

Hi Odysseus, so nice of you to show interest :cool:

In the past 2 months I have been studying, creating a process map and visual design of what we want as an end product, as well as a documented scope of work. I am about 3/4 ways with the design document and once that is completed, the scope of work can be completed.

In the mean time, I have also been getting estimations of the cost to produce the product.

All in all, I have been very busy, but I am enjoying the process.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Hi Odysseus, so nice of you to show interest :cool:

In the past 2 months I have been studying, creating a process map and visual design of what we want as an end product, as well as a documented scope of work. I am about 3/4 ways with the design document and once that is completed, the scope of work can be completed.

In the mean time, I have also been getting estimations of the cost to produce the product.

All in all, I have been very busy, but I am enjoying the process.
That's great to hear, keep up the good work!

If there's anything you need, feel free to ask, lots of helpful members on the forum.

In my short time here I've learnt so much, it's a priceless resource.

And the community spirit is outstanding.

Vixen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Mar 9, 2020
Spain
That's great to hear, keep up the good work!

If there's anything you need, feel free to ask, lots of helpful members on the forum.

In my short time here I've learnt so much, it's a priceless resource.

And the community spirit is outstanding.
Thank you Odysseus!

Vixen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Mar 9, 2020
Spain
Update:

Since my last post, we started creating the project.

There has been MANY ups and downs the last 2 months:

1. The funds I thought I had, I ended up not being able to use - This meant I did not have the finances to pay the team I needed to make this project work. I had to come up with another way of doing it or quit. I was not going to quit.
2. The alternative ways did not work either and I had to come up with other alternatives.
3. Road number 5 lead me to making a deal with a coder and myself doing all the graphics. Which is the road I am on now.

I am a graphics designer, but not the type of graphics required for this project. What does this mean? It means having to become very creative in producing the end product and using what I can. Every step is a learning curve; new information, new things to learn EVERYDAY.

I am not a coder, I spent a few months taking a short course to know the basics though. I always want to know what anyone does for me, this allows me to see when or if I am being bullshitted. Although I am not able to write the code myself, I do have an idea of what is being done and why.

In addition to learning the basics of coding, I also had to familiarize myself with the engine we will be using, as we work with it everyday. Thanks to books and youtube, this was not as difficult as it seemed at first :).

Whether I was going to contract stuff out or not, having knowledge of all areas is key in me being able to have full control. Which is why the first step was to study the basics.

Make no mistake, this is no walk in the park. I work on this project 10 to 16 hours a day, I have no time for anything else anymore as this is my only focus. I had many days where I asked myself - 'WTF are you doing? Just look for something else.' But I can't, because I believe in this and the fact that things went wrong and it is more difficult than I thought, was not going to stop me. Hard work has never scared me, I look forward to the end result - so why stop now? This project is one of 5 projects planned. Even if this project is the school fee project, I have learned SO MUCH in the past 4 and a half months!

I do have to add that coding and graphics is not all that is required here, and that my past experience and knowledge has been invaluable, even to the point of creating my own website.

At first it was just a CENTS project - I did not have to love it, I just had to be able to produce it. However, it is becoming more and more fun to do and I found out which part of this industry my strengths lay.

Would I have started on this road if I knew what I know now? Yes, I would - for my life motto has brought me where I am now; when others thought I would be nothing and where I came from is not where I am.

My life motto: "It is not the size of the dog in a fight, but the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.