The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

11 Years in Real Estate Broker/Team Owner Prepping to Scale.

Coach435

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jul 24, 2017
Hi Fast Lane Community,

I have been in business for myself for since 2006. I made lots of money just after college working for small marketing firm doing sales and marketing. I earning over six figures as young guy out of college I came upon Rich Dad/Poor Dad. That book opened my eyes to getting out of the rat race.

I attended up a lot of seminars and books on real estate flipping and holding strategies. I did some multi family investing and was getting ready to do it full time. In 2006 I decided to quit my $100K+ job, complete with a sport car, and Patriots Super Bowl tickets. I quit just before I proposed to my wife and she was shocked but still supportive. God bless her heart! we are still happily married with 3 kids now!).

Just as I quit in 2006 the real estate market began to tank. As a rookie real estate rehabber I was in trouble. It was hard to get deals as sellers still thought the market would never go down. Fast forward a year later I had spent all of my savings and was in trouble. I happened to get my real estate license originally so I could have access to the MLS for research purposes on rehabs. Well having a real estate license for "research purposes" turned into having a real estate license for "cash/survivial purposes".

So in 2006/2007 I became a real estate agent. Over the next several years I still looked for homes to buy at the right price to rehab but found most sellers wanted to get the most amount of money out of their homes (dah!). So many of my meetings with home owners turned from investment opportunities into listing opportunities as a real estate agent.

As an agent, I quickly climbed the sales ranks at my firm. By 2009 I decided I still wanted to own my own business so I started to build a real estate sales team. I hired my first full time admin and my first sales agent. Even though I was doing well in 2010 the market kept nose diving and sales dried up. I had to lay off my admin and I let my sales agent walk.

2011: Joined RE/MAX for its powerful brand and rose up the sales ranks again but this time as a solo agent. I hired part time help over the next year.

2013-2017: I began in earnest to grow a business as sales team. Last year we did $900,000 in revenue and I net multiple six figures. We now have a 8 person company and are looking to grow our local team to 20 agents and then start scaling by opening up new offices around Greater Boston and beyond.

I am very impressed by Fastlane which I read 3 years ago. I am just finishing Unscripted and have found a ton of value in it as well.

I look forward to being and active part of this great community!

Mike

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...