The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

1031 Exchange for Real Estate: Goodbye...

Matt33

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Apr 14, 2013
FL
After 5 plus years of building my online business, I've now considered selling it the past year, and getting valuations from brokers between 4 and 5 million. Great... except all this Biden stuff.

Threatening to raise the capital gains tax to 43.8%, and retroactively from the date of that announcement in April. Now I'm having second guesses on selling. I'm trapped between a rock and a hard place, because the market's hot right now and I definitely see some economic turmoil coming up. So I'd like to sell.

My CPA is telling me slim chance to none they get the retroactive, but I just don't believe her. I'm having her look into things like structured sale annuities and other ways to save on the tax bill. But I just don't know if any of it's going to work. Freakin Biden

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ones66

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 1, 2021
After 5 plus years of building my online business, I've now considered selling it the past year, and getting valuations from brokers between 4 and 5 million. Great... except all this Biden stuff.

Threatening to raise the capital gains tax to 43.8%, and retroactively from the date of that announcement in April. Now I'm having second guesses on selling. I'm trapped between a rock and a hard place, because the market's hot right now and I definitely see some economic turmoil coming up. So I'd like to sell.

My CPA is telling me slim chance to none they get the retroactive, but I just don't believe her. I'm having her look into things like structured sale annuities and other ways to save on the tax bill. But I just don't know if any of it's going to work. Freakin Biden
With this money you can easily make a passive income and don't worry about money for the rest of your life. This is exactly what I would do, if I had this amount of money to invest. People are investing their money in crypto nowadays, but it's too risky in my opinion, and it's way safer to buy property with this money. It will provide you a continuous income without any risk, but don't forget about 1031 Exchange, you can read the article for more information if you didn't use it before.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.