The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

10 Commandments of Wealth

Anything related to matters of the mind

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Found a list of 12 in Readers Digest, but the last two did not fit IMHO. So I left them out. Besides, 10 commandments works better anyway. Enjoy.

1. Seek money for money’s sake and ye shall not find.
2. Find your perfect pitch (know your strengths and weaknesses).
3. Be your own boss.
4. Get addicted to ambition.
5. Wake up early. Be early.
6. Don’t just set goals – execute or get executed.
7. Fail so you can succeed.
8. Location doesn’t matter. Success can take place anywhere.
9. Moor yourself to morals.
10. Say yes to sales.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
@JScott - I heard a person say something that I really feel holds true - "1 hour in the morning is like 2 hours in the afternoon" - Really, my productivity for anything feels so much greater than any other time of the day.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
I have a question about #5...

Does anyone else have a problem with the common adage of "get up early to be successful?"

Certainly it had merit a couple hundred years ago, as back then you only had limited daylight to work with, and if you slept in, you lost some prime working hours.

But, in these days of electricity and 24-hour Internet (glad they don't close it down at 2am anymore), I'm not sure that's the case... :)

Funny you ask this because when I read the list, #5 is the ONE that stuck in my head the most. So much so that I decided that this morning I would get up early. (Mind you, I don't typically sleep in much anyway). No idea why this commandment is the one that stayed in my mind. Maybe because I knew it was something that I could do and I always get more done in a day if I get up early.

I see your point on the daylight. And back then you are right it was the case and out of necessity. And I am very thankful that they don't shut down at 2am. (That is often also prime working time for me).

Perhaps it doesn't need to be a commandment, but I still think there is value in the concept.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I would agree.... I've struggled with this for the last 6 months.

Early rhythms seem to be more productive for a day overall, but there is something about working on ebiz stuff at owl hours that just clicks. Dunno why!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I have a question about #5...

Does anyone else have a problem with the common adage of "get up early to be successful?"

Certainly it had merit a couple hundred years ago, as back then you only had limited daylight to work with, and if you slept in, you lost some prime working hours.

But, in these days of electricity and 24-hour Internet (glad they don't close it down at 2am anymore), I'm not sure that's the case... :)

On the "Be early" part ... My wife's former boss was a self-made millionaire commercial broker and would ALWAYS be 5-15 mins late for meetings, etc. He also had a habit of using street parking (and not putting money in the meter), and getting ticketed several times per week because of it. I always wondered how he managed to become as successful as he was with these two traits.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.