The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

️ Motion > Overthinking (or how to stop being a loser)

Anything related to matters of the mind

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Most of you think way too much, not to mention that most of your thinking is useless, damaging crap that holds you back.

And I include in thinking bullshit like "meditation" too (check the ego thread: MINDSET - The Ego Is Your Friend )

The result: you're spinning your wheels very hard without making any progress.

Somehow this isn't surprising because the forces that be have raised you to have weak minds. That is what all the constant entertainment, pampering and social media is doing.

And I need you to be honest.

If you set your mind to do X – can be 1000 push ups, running 10 miles, or whatever, does it ever happen that you don't?

Because if you don't, it means that you're not even able to control your own mind. And if you can't control your own mind, you can't be successful, and you need to stop kidding yourself you can be. You need to gain control of your noggin first.

So how do you control your mind?

Certainly not by meditating, unless your purpose is to be a buddhist monk.

The answer is that you need to practice (1) setting intentions and (2) fulfilling your intentions. Meaning if you say you'll do something, DO IT.

Let cold calling or lifting weights or anything challenging that gets you closer to your goal be your meditation. It's the same thing, but rather than shifting your scattered brain to your breath, you shift your scattered brain back to the task at hand.

You calm the agitation in your mind by NOT being agitated – first physically, and second mentally. Lift your weights, and sit down. Don't lift your weights and then start pacing around the gym like a retard, because when you're pacing, you're not in control of your attention. Same for cold calling or any other activity that's challenging and brings you closer to your goals.

You'll start gaining momentum and you'll get in motion. And motion is the enemy of overthinking. You can't DO something challenging and overthink at the same time. If you're doing something challenging you'll be absorbed. And when you're absorbed, you're making progress.

"But BD, what if I have no clue what I should be doing?"

Look at what other successful people do, and seek to do similar things. You know someone who cuts grass for the neighbors and makes $500/week, start there.

The easiest thing at first is to COPY success. Great artists steal, as Steve Jobs used to say.

You're stuck because you're trying to invent something new, when you don't have what it takes to invent anything yet. First get in motion, then worry about innovating. If you can't get in motion by copying, it's NOT a good business for you.

Some businesses you can't copy. For example, you can't copy my business. You can see a lot of the things I do, but you can't copy it because you lack my experience with building an agency and working with other agency owners, so you will simply not be able to project the same authority you need to get sales.

Even in those cases, you can usually transfer the business to a different industry. So I help agencies get more clients. Agencies are tough clients, who are already experienced with digital marketing and usually will know more than you, since you're new in the block.

So how about helping someone generate leads who knows LESS than you do about digital marketing? Say landscaping businesses, or plumbers, electricians, etc.? Now you have a knowledge advantage over them, and you can leverage that to project authority.

So don't overcomplicate things. Look for services and products where money is already changing hands, and inject yourself into the stream. You need to get in motion before you can start speeding up.

TL;DR

1) Control your mind - set intentions, fulfill them, and remain focused.
2) Start by copying successful people/businesses/ideas

It's as simple as that. No need to overthink anything. Just get in motion and beat that loser out of you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Cyns

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 14, 2023
Meaning if you say you'll do something, DO IT.
To me, it all comes down to TRULY believing that doing X thing will benefit you, and that those benefits are more powerful than your laziness and discomfort.
Also realizing that difficulty, discomfort and pain are actually your best friends. It's not something you should fight against but something you should embrace because they're showing you that you're becoming a better person.
And if you have that, and you remind yourself of that every day, the discipline and mental strength will follow. Automatically.

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
Thank you, I can see I need to be reading more in the Mindset category.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.