The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello everyone - MrYoshi

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
Hello everyone,

I've been a member of this site for a few months now, but I never fully introduced myself. I thought it made the most sense to share how I started this journey. It all began with my terrible experience in school. I basically have been studying a lot these past few years as my foreign parents wanted me to graduate from a prestigious school. I did just that, but it wasn’t until graduation that I realized how much time I had wasted from HS to college. The internet had everything I needed and more, but I missed out on all the trends. I won’t make the same mistake this time around.

I had just finished my final exam and it was all over, no more studying, only work. The university invited a speaker to our graduation ceremony and he had a net worth of 40 billion – I skipped it. I was never the best student because I found it all to be very boring so I was excited to enter into the corporate world. My first job was a sales role at one of the largest cloud SaaS providers in the world and I did very well right off the bat, but I couldn’t figure out why I did so well. It all felt very natural to me, but I started to worry about losing the top spot so I worked on the weekends and read sales books like fanatical prospecting, predictable revenue, cold calling techniques (7th edition) and others.

I lived in an awesome city with a ton of young people in it, but I ignored all the fun as I never had more success in my life. I reached the top of the leaderboards out of thousands of other college graduates and I truly was obsessed with maintaining my spot. I continued to do well and never left the top 5 within the organization, but I started to think about how slow things were moving outside of my life. I was terrible with women, never traveled outside of my home state and had no friends. I had been slaving away for 6 months and was on track to make 6 figures and receive a promotion.

I stumbled upon TMF review from a person on YouTube and decided to buy the audiobook because **** it. I listened to it in two days and was instantly hooked. I started to panic a little because I was doing nothing that he described in the video, but he was spot on about everything. I got so pissed off because I worked so hard to finally reach the top at this company, but the work I was doing meant little in the grand scheme of things. It’s funny because I tried ignoring this book and labeled it bs, but it wasn’t possible for me to go back. Every day after I realized that something was wrong at work because I had lost interest in the job completely. I still managed to do very well, but I knew deep down that I needed to remove myself from that toxic environment. I couldn’t think of anything else that was more enticing to me than financial freedom. I thought about it constantly and every slow lane conversation began to bother me a lot. I wanted to travel, have a few passive systems in place, play video games, and most importantly take a couple months off to do absolutely nothing.

I started looking more into entrepreneurship and Gary Vaynerchuk’s videos made me realize how much I’ve missed out over these years. I decided that I wanted to become an entrepreneur full time for one year so I budgeted properly and recently quit two months ago. I haven’t made any money yet, but I have enough to last me more than a year so I’m going to push myself and make every minute count. I’ve slowly fixed my sleeping schedule and wake up at 5 am daily, but I will work towards getting up at 4:30 am. I highly recommend reading “Morning Miracle by Hal Elrod” and “Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson.”

If you’re still reading up to this point you probably won’t be surprised that I’m in the lead generation business. I write down all my ideas and think about every opportunity in front of me. I’m as persistent as they come so I’ll continue pursuing this goal until I make it.

I am slowly learning about SEO and marketing, but my focus right now is on sales and making our first 1k. I will create a progress thread soon to go over all the details. I’m forever grateful for MJ DeMarco and the Fastlane Forum.

-MrYoshi

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...