The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Survivor bias in marketing?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Maxkaz

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Jul 19, 2023
Israel
Hey all!

I am now in the midst of learning advertising and marketing (specifically now I am reading Alex Hormozi`s "$100 million leads"). And there are 2 things I noticed in my journey:

1. Almost any pro-strategy I implement works in my business and my geographical area perfectly
2. Almost no competitors` ads use any

Me personally, I am almost frightened to post ads now as they are so effective that after each round I have my hands full for weeks. So I wonder, can it be that like 90% of businesses in the market are just invisible for me because their ads were so successful that they are also not advertising anymore? And so I see only the shitty ads people in the market?

How do you feel, can it be the case in your industry?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Hey all!

I am now in the midst of learning advertising and marketing (specifically now I am reading Alex Hormozi`s "$100 million leads"). And there are 2 things I noticed in my journey:

1. Almost any pro-strategy I implement works in my business and my geographical area perfectly

Me personally, I am almost frightened to post ads now as they are so effective that after each round I have my hands full for weeks. So I wonder, can it be that like 90% of businesses in the market are just invisible for me because their ads were so successful that they are also not advertising anymore? And so I see only the shitty ads people in the market?

It sounds like the question you should be posting is on how to scale so that you can cope with the extra business…

There could be 100 reasons why your competitors ads suck, without interviewing them all you’ll never know why.

If you don’t scale someone will copy what you’re doing and soak up the business you can’t handle.

Maxkaz

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Jul 19, 2023
Israel
It sounds like the question you should be posting is on how to scale so that you can cope with the extra business…

There could be 100 reasons why your competitors ads suck, without interviewing them all you’ll never know why.

If you don’t scale someone will copy what you’re doing and soak up the business you can’t handle.
Basically scaling is what I am working on right now. That is why I am learning marketing despite not having any problems with it now. The idea is to build a system which will generate lots of leads which I can eventually sell for a comission to local professionals. Right now looks like a gold mine, but only time will tell.

natavjp

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 19, 2024
Hey all!

Sorry, I do not have any input, except congratulating you! well done with being able to fine-tune your ads in such a way that you have too much business. It is quite an achievement. You definitely need to consider expanding or like you are saying become a lead provider for local businesses. Good luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.