The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction

EntrepreneurNick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Mar 27, 2024
Hi, I'm Nick from Canada.

I am a massage therapist by trade. In 2013 I started a business that rapidly grew to 2 locations and around 30 people on staff and 7 figure sales. This business did very well but slowly political decisions (mostly new taxes) started to make a huge dent in our bottom line. Then covid hit and the workforce became even more demanding and the cost of having staff rose high enough that our business model no longer had profit margins to justify the business. We could have restructured, but the profit levels would still have been dimished and it would have been a good amount of work. By 2021 we were about to have our 4th kid and decided that it was simply not worth it to keep going in the space - especially with the threat of more potential negative political decisions at any moment.

We took a year off and then returned to work in a solo practice to bring in some income while I figure out our next actual business. I am planning to teach my business skills and then launch business products to new RMTs using Jeff Walker's PLF formula. I was pretty hesitant to jump on this because I wanted to get out of the massage space, but our business was incredibly well run from a marketing and admin perspective and I have a ton of materials that I can leverage. I'm just finishing up the Millionaire Fastlane and what helped pushed me to actually jump on this opportunity was reading the 5 commandments of the fastlane. This opportunity satisfies all of 5 pretty well.

I'm just starting to produce my free educational content now with youtube videos, blogs etc. Time to put the pedal to the metal.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard, sorry to hear about the government destroying your business, or minimally, making it hard for you to prosper.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
Hey buddy!

I'm sorry to hear about the political bs, but enthralled to hear you've been bouncing back.

I've been a certified massage therapist since about age 19. Recently, I was successfully doing some mobile massage work for cash flow, though I've moved onto other projects since.

My point is, I had to hop on YouTube to review some specific techniques and much to my surprise, most of the content was either outdated or trash.

There is definitely space for quality massage content on YouTube, and I have no doubt an educational approach would be successful.

Welcome aboard!

Cheers.

EntrepreneurNick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Mar 27, 2024
Welcome aboard, sorry to hear about the government destroying your business, or minimally, making it hard for you to prosper.
Thanks for the welcome! It was really a blessing to shut it down.

I started and built the business to create freedom and passive income. And we had a fair amount of both for quite a few years. But it was way too reliant on staff - the business model was based on a human resources tree. Even at the peak with well paid managers we could not figure out a way to fully detach ourselves from the business. But we were too comfortable and earning enough that it was hard to think of moving on. These changes pushed us on and have provided the opportunity, and motivation, for something bigger and better.

My new tree is going to be a content tree, which has far more potential for scale and freedom.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EntrepreneurNick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Mar 27, 2024
Hey buddy!

I'm sorry to hear about the political bs, but enthralled to hear you've been bouncing back.

I've been a certified massage therapist since about age 19. Recently, I was successfully doing some mobile massage work for cash flow, though I've moved onto other projects since.

My point is, I had to hop on YouTube to review some specific techniques and much to my surprise, most of the content was either outdated or trash.

There is definitely space for quality massage content on YouTube, and I have no doubt an educational approach would be successful.

Welcome aboard!

Cheers.
Thanks!

Happy to see another massage therapist here.

Though I ran our company for almost a decade, I'm still new to the content space and I'd be happy to get some feedback from another massage therapist once it's up and running!

My plan is to focus on the business side of massage - something I think is generally quite neglected.

What projects are you currently working on?

-Nick

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...