The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Are you mad? That's not sprint training. That's you trying to kill yourself! I remember sprint training as a lot of lounging around, with a bit of wanting to throw up.

Here, I'll fix that for you:

4x1 minute sprints with 1 day rest between sprints.

He got inspired by Tom Brady and trying to up him.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
Check this one review my service got today.

Dude loved it so much he he couldn't stop complimenting it.

Created a 2 minute video talking about how happy he is with the service and uploaded 8 pictures.

This client landed us another sale by word of mouth the same week we served him.

Feels so good when the perceived value is even higher than what we hoped to provide.

1709231983517.png

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Here's one. It's 2024 trying and you sell a $10k trip. Has a website that auto-plays music that you can't stop.

You can scroll to the bottom to pause the music, but once you scroll back up it starts again.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Of course, the idiot politicians in California never critically apply the Cobra effect (second order consequences) to their dumb-a$$ policies.

Everything in California is intentional to displace citizens out of their own territory and economic ecosystem.

I have no idea who these people think they are kidding.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Here's one. It's 2024 trying and you sell a $10k trip. Has a website that auto-plays music that you can't stop.

You can scroll to the bottom to pause the music, but once you scroll back up it starts again.

Trust your life on a trip to Antarctica with someone who can't even set up a website without goofing it. What could possiblie go wrong.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Google is preparing an "App Mall" for Chromebooks. They are *not* bringing back native Chromebook apps, it is just a centralized "mall" for their PWA, Android, Steam, and Linux apps. It is not a new platform to sell apps on.

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
Sigh... my newer CPA has now failed me like the previous ones... just found out that when he suggested last year my tech LLC to revoke its s-corp to save on tax prep fees for now while income was low that he failed to mention that change is irrevocable for 5 years. I don't know why my experience with CPAs (even high paid ones) has consistently been so annoying.

(Edit: Should add I blame myself too for not double checking what they told me when I asked if it could be re-evaluated in the future and they said. It was true but missing details.)

Edit 2: Playing with https://gusto.com/resources/articles/taxes/s-corp-tax-savings-calculator spreadsheet and modifying it a bit the gist I get is really only starts to matter when you stop reinvesting into the company and can benefit from claiming reasonable salary level on the s-corp llc. Otherwise total net payroll taxes seem to not be huge difference. Match others understanding?

Edit 3: I guess this means my goal is to now make enough money that this really matters (post work out clarity made me feel this was all rather whiny).

Last edited:

RudyR

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 24, 2023
Texas
Saw Dune 2 yesterday. WOW what a movie. Great cinematography, acting, music score. But most importantly they continued on delivering a great book to movie adaptation. I read the 1st book about 10 years ago, and recently listing to the audiobook. For those that read the book, you need to see the movies. For those that seen the movies, you need to read/listen to the book.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
Gentlemen, remember FullCook - a machine that can cook anything you want with a press of a button? I've almost finished engineering and designing it (including electronics), and now I'm starting to bootstrap.

Hopefully in 2 months it'll be ready.

---
Side note: Holy crap, my only option to bootstrap now is to do food delivery on a bycicle. My god, with the amount of mountains there is in my town - and with how stupid the work is - it's not just hard, it's depressing. It's low entry, no control 4-8€/hr work too.
But I'll get through it. The technology is to be.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Gentlemen, remember FullCook - a machine that can cook anything you want with a press of a button? I've almost finished engineering and designing it (including electronics), and now I'm starting to bootstrap.

Hopefully in 2 months it'll be ready.

---
Side note: Holy crap, my only option to bootstrap now is to do food delivery on a bycicle. My god, with the amount of mountains there is in my town - and with how stupid the work is - it's not just hard, it's depressing.
But I'll get through it. The technology is to be.
Plus side: you’ll be jacked!

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
06C702A3-0AC0-452E-B113-0952EEDB44A5.jpeg

Seriously why are Reddit mods the way they are?

There are numerous subreddits with active users who suffer from problems I can personally help them with, but the mods are always up my a$$ to silence me.

Makes me want to give up on reddit but I can’t stand to watch some of the posters suffering without intervening.

Now I have a bunch of negative karma.

Cause I dare to propose an alternative solution than what moderators believe should be up for discussion.

Anybody have success breaking through subreddits to reach people without moderators and negative karma silencing you?

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
View attachment 54594

There are numerous subreddits with active users who suffer from problems I can personally help them with, but the mods are always up my a$$ to silence me.

Makes me want to give up on reddit but I can’t stand to watch some of the posters suffering without intervening.

Cause I dare to propose an alternative solution than what moderators believe should be up for discussion.

Anybody have success breaking through subreddits to reach people without moderators and negative karma silencing you?
Ads?

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
View attachment 54594

I don't know about the modless communities but it's easy to build karma for accounts with meme subreddits and my all time favorite Trailer Park Boys subreddit, just drop a funny TPB meme there and return a day later and will have 100 plus more karma.

If you really solve problems, build your own subreddit and go to the subs you targeting now and could chat invite users to your sub or sneak a link in somehow on the subreddit.

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
c9t7arjjxdmc1.jpeg

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Taylor Swift is a perfect example of being a billionaire in your 30s without having to run a Tech or Internet company.

You just need to grind and excel in the same industry for 15-20 years.

It is also a perfect example of snowballing gains. Her lifetimes sales exceeded Michael Jackson (another MJ).

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
You just need to grind and excel in the same industry for 15-20 years.
It's like what TMF shared...'fame' is the secret exit out of the Slowlane.

Of course if you put 15-20 years in say...some manufacturing job making typewriters...the results would be a lot different and more likely to be less pleasurable.

There's a lot of great singers out there...but I think its interesting to see how Taylor Swift made the quantum leap by getting exclusive stops at Singapore:

Zizu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Mar 9, 2023
Croatia
Been driving the school bus the past few days and just found out that the 7th graders (13 year olds) are charging the 7-9 year old kids to sit at the front seats. Supposedly the price is 1-2€ per day

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
and now I'm starting to bootstrap.
I think you’re delusional thinking you’re going to fund a kitchen appliance hardware startup on a minimum wage job… and that you’ll do it in 2 months to boot.

If your idea is good, then go get investors to fund this. (But I don’t think the idea is good).

Being blunt because I don’t want to see you wasting your time. But some people need to learn the hard way and maybe you’re one of those.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
It would be cool to have a financial instrument to short guru courses.

Unrelated, but I started making a valerian infusion before going to bed, seems to be helping me sleep a bit deeper and more consistently.

Last edited:

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I've been running ads the last few weeks and results have been OK.

Since targeting and relevance are pretty good I think the next part in lowering cpa is improving the site.
Professionelle Fensterputzer im Main Kinzig Kreis

If you have a minute, I'd love some quick suggestions to improve the site.
Loading times are one thing I need to work on probably.

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 15, 2022
I've been running ads the last few weeks and results have been OK.

Since targeting and relevance are pretty good I think the next part in lowering cpa is improving the site.
Professionelle Fensterputzer im Main Kinzig Kreis

If you have a minute, I'd love some quick suggestions to improve the site.
Loading times are one thing I need to work on probably.
Add tap to call buttons, customer testimonials, and customer's location to your headline. Make it dynamic, so it changes depending on their location. "Window cleaning in Frankfurt" or something like that. Your ad should say the same thing

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Add tap to call buttons, customer testimonials, and customer's location to your headline. Make it dynamic, so it changes depending on their location. "Window cleaning in Frankfurt" or something like that. Your ad should say the same thing
The customers location is added on ads (made a new landing page for each keyword). I will take care of tesimonials as my next thing, the tap to call button is now also on my "to add" list.

Thanks for the tips.

Zizu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Mar 9, 2023
Croatia
Been driving the school bus the past few days and just found out that the 7th graders (13 year olds) are charging the 7-9 year old kids to sit at the front seats. Supposedly the price is 1-2€ per day
Update:

The young kids' parents just found out about it and aren't allowing them to take the bus anymore. I could've charged for it too so it looks like after dropshipping, smma and paid comunities, it is yet another trend i missed out on :(

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Update:

The young kids' parents just found out about it and aren't allowing them to take the bus anymore. I could've charged for it too so it looks like after dropshipping, smma and paid comunities, it is yet another trend i missed out on :(
Were you seriously considering charging the kids to sit at the front of the bus? :rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.