The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Wow, I think I'm envious for the first time ever

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I just talked to one of my friends, the last time I ran into him was last February, and he said that he was starting his own computer service company. Well, fast forward to present time. I contacted him to say Hi and how every thing has been going, my mind was blown.

Basically he told me he was making tons of money now. Going to close deals and make like 20 grand and just working his a$$ off to cash in.

Here I thought I was doing ok, but it seems like I have been doing nothing of the sort, haha.

He said he finally quit his job about a month or two ago since this really picked up full force, and has been in the works since DEC 2011ish or so.

To be honest, I just feel blown away even though I am working on projects of my own. I guess the thing is, his dream is coming true, mine still seems unreachable at the current time.

Has anyone ever run into someone like this? I completely see why people who have nothing going for them stay away from people who do, because they feel so intimidated and left in the dust.

If you want the website I'll pm it to you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Addiction to excuses?

evoo21

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jan 25, 2013
Hey bud,

Do you remember when you were little and doing the monkey bars without falling off was a big deal? Think about how long it took you to do it, and when you finally did it you were so happy.

Then, you did it so many times that you started doing it with your eyes closed, backwards, etc. After a while, the monkey bars were for kids...you were on to the jungle gym and doing flips off of the swings.

That is how life is. Right now, your dream may seam insurmountable and like you'll never make it without falling off course. Keep at it and you may not make it, but at least you will know you went for it.

As for your envy...I think that the envy is good in that that is what you want. I mean have you ever been envious of a homeless person? An incredibly physically unattractive person? The things we envy are the things we most want, so look at the positive - you know what you want which is more than most people!

What's your business anyway or what are you working on?

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I don't think that going for it and failing will make me feel any better, I just thing it will make me feel like I went for something and failed, which would reenforce that fact that it is just that, a dream.

However, I believe I will make it, and while I don't normally compare myself to others.. it's like trying to ignore the kid who launched a company next door from you and pulls in, in a brand new car that he paid for in cash, knowing he did so from a dream just like yours.

The funny thing about life, is that when you go online and look at a celebrity and watch them with no dreams of ever becoming what they are, you are fine with reading about them, or watching them in a movie. But when you want to become that actor or musician SO badly, and you work towards it, the feeling of hopelessness is ten fold what it would be if you'd never even thought it was possible to reach that goal. Which is strange, shouldn't it be backwards?

And my website is Welcome to TizeMe

I really have no idea why that happens either... when you aim for nothing, you feel content. When you aim for something, it feels so far away that you feel hopeless.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012

evoo21

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jan 25, 2013
I mean vent your shit out, but keep working.

There are people who are a lot more successful than your friend, do you think that is going to slow him down?

Put things into perspective and keep working.

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
And my website is Welcome to TizeMe

I have no idea what your website does? What does it do for me? You need to tell me on the first page, in under a 3 count or I'm hitting X.

What are the benefits?

Do not make your visitors think. How do you pronounce your websites name? Anything that creates that type of uncertainty from the get go is not good.

Hang in there.

Sue

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I have no idea what your website does? What does it do for me? You need to tell me on the first page, in under a 3 count or I'm hitting X.

What are the benefits?

Do not make your visitors think. How do you pronounce your websites name? Anything that creates that type of uncertainty from the get go is not good.

Hang in there.

Sue

I see know how poorly written this was, and I'm not disagreeing with you, but..... Isn't this fairly straight forward?

Hello and welcome to "TizeMe.com"! This website is specifically dedicated to posting and discovering online creations. We welcome all different types of content from forums to video channels and know how difficult it can be to find a place to post your website. Here at TizeMe you can simply join and post your website for all to see!

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I see know how poorly written this was, and I'm not disagreeing with you, but..... Isn't this fairly straight forward?

No. I had absolutely no idea what the purpose to your site was after looking around for a few seconds. Looking at it further it looks like it is a place for websites to advertise for free (though I am not sure who they are advertising their websites too? Each other?). I wouldn't have said anything if I could have understood the purpose or value to me as a consumer or business owner right away. I thought you might want to know that it isn't really crystal clear what the value/benefit of this service is.

Sue

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Well if you got your own plans, stay focused on your own sh*t!
:)

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
All you can worry about is yourself. Sounds like your friend may have just created a job for himself. For all you know he works 100 hours a week and is miserable. Human nature is to make everything sound great when talking to friends about things like this. You want people to think your life is the greatest.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
All you can worry about is yourself. Sounds like your friend may have just created a job for himself. For all you know he works 100 hours a week and is miserable. Human nature is to make everything sound great when talking to friends about things like this. You want people to think your life is the greatest.

See, I don't get why people can't be honest. I mean, people want to say "Ha, he is probably failing!", why would anyone want to hear that? Yeah know? I think all of us here WANT to hear those success stories because it just brightens up the light at the end of the tunnel and makes the goal even more realistic. As for 100 hours a week, yeah, I think he said something around 70-80.

There is no reason for me to be bitching, he worked harder than me for the past year, I F*cked around and was brainwashed by stupid shit like the LOA, I did everything but work my a$$ off.

It's a good lesson

evoo21

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jan 25, 2013
There is no reason for me to be bitching, he worked harder than me for the past year, I F*cked around and was brainwashed by stupid shit like the LOA, I did everything but work my a$$ off.

It's a good lesson

Let's sit back and relax and get comfortable
Now close your eyes, now make it right

Don't point your finger at me
Don't you know it's you why you're suffering?
You're why you're suffering

I've got my mind set at ease

I've got my reasons to live

You are your suffering

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I tried updating the text on the frontpage. Is it clear now ?

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Let's sit back and relax and get comfortable
Now close your eyes, now make it right

Don't point your finger at me

I've got my reasons to live

You are your suffering

Is that an original or was that something you typed up? Plus, I just admitted it! :D

D

DeletedUser4

I'm not really clear on what your site does either, and I read the FAQ. It sounds like a place to post your site for some kind of SEO benefit, but who looks at it? Other people that have posted their sites? I don't get it.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I guess the thing is, his dream is coming true, mine still seems unreachable at the current time.
Just remember that it's not.

When you aim for something, it feels so far away that you feel hopeless.
I can't relate.

So what you're telling me to do is S T F U and just keep working
Great advice, for sure

What are the benefits?
That's the problem I see here. Why would I use this? So people selfishly self promoting can see my website?
I guess the benefit is supposed to be this:
and know how difficult it can be to find a place to post your website.
but I googled "free website directory" and found around 26 million results. I think I'm set on free places to post my website for a while, if I even wanted that in the first place.

Maybe this would have been good for a free backlink before the lastest google update? But otherwise I don't know why I'd use it.

I think I'd find a SPECIFIC directory more useful. "Post your personal blogs here! Post your intepretive dance blogs here! Post your fashion design progress blogs here!" rather than "post anything here!".

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
I honestly don't understand your website. It doesn't make sense. A free website directory? Like a dmoz.org?

How are you going to make money from it? Have you made anything from it?

Use your jealousy and make something happen. How long have you been working on TizeMe? Do you feel like it's going to work?

No matter what anyone else says, if you don't feel it's going to work, it won't work.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I really cannot see how people don't get it. That's in the most non-rude way possible, but it really does say it right there.

All of the other directors people have showed me look just like that, directories. I want this to be more personal.

Should I add the option to add stories, individual links and such, so kind of like reddit and not just restricted to an entire website ?

theDarkness

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 11, 2012
Why would anyone use it? You say "we all have trouble getting traffic to our web sites," but as someone with a website who's working on building traffic to it, I don't see why I'd use the site. Perhaps there's some nominal SEO benefit (I kind of doubt it though), but I'm not really interested in links that any joe schmoe can acquire.

problem: need traffic
solution: free traffic??
tizeme: ?????

How does tizeme get me traffic that makes me money? I'm not really buying the SEO benefit, and traffic from a site as general as this seems unlikely to be worth my while. I mean what, I'm going to be getting traffic from people who were originally searching "best free advertising." How does that help me?

"We've created this site for people that need a spot to post their website to gain critique, rate other creations, and of course, get views and visits"

So it's like a social bookmarking thing for webmasters? This solves no traffic-related problem that I have.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Oct 24, 2011
Does the world need this though?

AMEN! That was going to my question for you Tommy. Does your website solve a need or make something EASIER on your potential consumer base? (My personal thought is no)

Now this is business related criticism so please don't take it personal. Your site looks like a one trick pony, and the trick has terrible execution. Instead why aren't you offering SEO and other services as a package. Then being listed on your website will be a 'perk' to being a member rather than the only thing that you can offer.

Just because you clearly see what your site does your consumers may not, and they are the ONLY thing that matters in this equation.

I don't think that going for it and failing will make me feel any better, I just thing it will make me feel like I went for something and failed, which would reenforce that fact that it is just that, a dream.

I'm going to be candid with you. Terrible attitude, you might as well give up today and go work the slowlane for the rest of your life.

Read Failing Forward by John Maxwell to gain some perspective on your situation.

However, I believe I will make it, and while I don't normally compare myself to others.. it's like trying to ignore the kid who launched a company next door from you and pulls in, in a brand new car that he paid for in cash, knowing he did so from a dream just like yours.

The funny thing about life, is that when you go online and look at a celebrity and watch them with no dreams of ever becoming what they are, you are fine with reading about them, or watching them in a movie. But when you want to become that actor or musician SO badly, and you work towards it, the feeling of hopelessness is ten fold what it would be if you'd never even thought it was possible to reach that goal. Which is strange, shouldn't it be backwards?

Don't ignore the successful just use them as examples of people that have reached the finish line on that particular race, it means you can do it too.

But only study people that you want to be like not a celebrity just because they are famous.

I really have no idea why that happens either... when you aim for nothing, you feel content. When you aim for something, it feels so far away that you feel hopeless.

This is again, terrible. I could explain to you how sometimes everyone gets down and out about themselves or their dream, because it's very true. But rather than validate you wallowing in your own self pity I'll put it to you bluntly: Stop whining and start acting.

When you aim for nothing you might as well go in circles for the rest of your life, which makes it pointless. When you aim for something you're further along than most people. At least you have a destination, most people never aim because "it's too hard." Remember if it wasn't hard everyone would do it and it wouldn't pay so well to be different.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
you'll get there. anybody can be wealthy. just keep pushin and learn from mistakes. and don't be envious of him, be happy for him. learn from him. and be motivated by him.

you may have to try something else Tommy. I don't see income with this project.

McNandez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jan 3, 2013
I mean vent your shit out, but keep working.

This. You can't help how you feel, but you can help what you actually do about what you feel. If you're jealous, get jealous, then let it motivate you. Letting bad feelings sit and fester is a slippery slope...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.