The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Will eating steak on video increase conversions?

Marketing, social media, advertising

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
I've been trying to increase conversions on ForeverJobless. I've also been trying to increase my protein intake! I decided to kill two birds with one stone, and the new video on my homepage is the result: http://foreverjobless.com/

Let's wager:

Do you think this video will:

A. increase conversions
B. decrease conversions
C. remain about the same

What are your thoughts when you see the video?(besides getting hungry)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

brandonrush

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jul 23, 2012
Louisiana
You're right. It made me want a steak for sure.

It also raised questions about what I might be missing on my business journey. I'd say you did a good job of making your customer ask himself questions that you might have the answer to.

ChristopherP

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 11, 2014
New Jersey, USA
In case you're not aware, the page does not appear to be mobile friendly. Think of all the buyers on their toilets, will you?

That is to say, I was unable to view your clever video.

Carny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Mar 20, 2013
If you'll teach me how to be forever jobless I'll show you how to cook a steak so good you won't need that sauce.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Great thread headline.

Increase conversion from what? Do you have a similar video without a steak?
Or increase conversion from NO video?

I think the steak's great.
Honestly, if I were you, I'd hold on you eating the steak, silently, with a straight face.
I'm talkin like 4 or 5 bites.
Really awkward like. Trying not to smile.
But then again I'm a weirdo.

I might sound crazy, but as an editor: I think it's a TINY bit slow.
Just a bit.
It has no music to "drive" it. It's not bad.. just feel like to counteract lack of music you need something to make it flow better.

The titles for instance:
Do you really need the titles at the beginning? What do they do?
They don't stay on long enough to resonate.
For resonation, you'd have to hold on them after they animate in... but it's not worth increasing the length of the video. I'dh onestly just cut it.

I don't think you talk about YOU enough.
You bring up the analogy, but to me I only "buy it" because I know what you've done.
Just adding in the line "But I've actually run a successful business, I'm working with real meat" would do wonders
(unsure if that's the best phrasing).

The jump cuts aren't too bad. The slight zoom in one each one prevents if from being too weird.
My only problem is that the cell phone on the far left of the frame disappears during the first zoom-in.
Do you have coverage of a CU of your face? I would cut to a CU of your face to mask the transitions, especially the second transition.
It'll look a bit more 'magical' and I think it'll emotionally tug on the heartstrings of your viewers.

Lemme know if you need anything.

Nosferatu

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 7, 2013
Long Island, New York
Not a bad start snowbank --

You ever watch some of the frank kern videos?

He normally does this routine where he starts talking and as he's talking --- he goes through several rooms or "scenes" -- while still talking about the same subject... the reason behind it is based on a psychology study that indicates that as you progress through stages or "doorways" your brain separates that interaction into episodes -- (study here: link) -- Frank does this deliberately and it works really well -- because the key ingredient of getting someone to buy is to Know, like and trust you right? If you can build rapport in someones mind, it makes one more receptive to you. What better way to build rapport then projecting being with someone in multiple places in a short amount of time!

(Note: I know you're very accomplished, so i'm pretty sure you know some of this stuff already)

I think if you positioned the video in a way that, you were talking to me, your buddy -- and then maybe explaining who you are, your skill set, etc would work out a little better -- making the video more personal.

i think the video is good, but it felt a bit empty to me --- almost scripted.

I think Dennis Duty has a valid point in which you might want to talk just a little more about you. (you've done some great stuff man)

It feels just like every other guru video out there promising all the answers to my problems.

Personally, one good analogy just won't do it for me. I need more convincing.

PS: i found a video of frank doing this thing im talking about above --- check it out here

Edit#2:

Great video in your signature Dennis Duty -- it resembles a little bit of what im trying to convey here. The Kuleshov effect. The use of video to project emotions.

Last edited:

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
BTW, I LOVE your pop-up opt-in box.
If anybody hasn't seen it, take a trip to the site and take a look. It's hard NOT to fill it out.
Honestly.

But I did have an issue where it popped-up OVER the video while I was watching it. I don't know the numbers on that specifically, but I bet it's bad for conversions. Might want to give that a look and see if there's anything you can do about that.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
BTW, I LOVE your pop-up opt-in box

thanks dude!

I did have an issue where it popped-up OVER the video while I was watching it. I don't know the numbers on that specifically, but I bet it's bad for conversions. Might want to give that a look and see if there's anything you can do about that.

Did you play the video right away, or browse the site and then play it?

It was supposed to be set to 2 minutes(vid is slightly less than 1) to avoid that, but wondering if for some reason it's playing at 1 or less for some people?

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
thanks dude!

Did you play the video right away, or browse the site and then play it?

It was supposed to be set to 2 minutes(vid is slightly less than 1) to avoid that, but wondering if for some reason it's playing at 1 or less for some people?

It was def. Under a minute. I was using Chrome on a Windows 7 PC.
Just visited from my kindle, appeared in under a minute from this device too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.