The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are some certificates/degrees in the business area that will help

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
What are some certs./degrees that will help in the journey to cracking the code ? I want to get a cert that will help,
What are you guys studying ? How will it help you? Whats your plan if its ok to share .... :icon_super:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

Accounting/Finance or anything else related to business couldn't hurt.

Most people will say that formal education is mostly a waste of time and resources though.

travisl

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Mar 26, 2013
Silicon Valley, California
If you haven't already I would recommend starting your own business, and putting together your own team.

You will learn more doing this in a month, than you will in a year at college.\

You are going to learn what you need to know about law, accounting, Leadership***, being a businessman, planning, being creative, facing your fears, networking etc.

That is if you are driven enough to teach yourself, and are confident enough that you will succeed.

Successes speak louder than certs.

In short, the best way to study business, is running a business.

Be an entrepreneur, take smart risks. That will really get you on track to cracking the "Code"

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Study this :

[video=youtube;fZfCS6fZYF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZfCS6fZYF0[/video]

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
#1 - taking action
#2 - taking action
and...
#3 - taking consistent action

forget the shitload of diplomas and all the nonsense papers.
Entrepreneurs don't need diplomas because diplomas are just a certificate to work for someone else.

Learn what other successful people are doing and do that, whether
they'd be successful entrepreneurs online, or businessmen from your local area.

Learn what people/market needs, and deliver it.

On the other side, learn to build cash flow SYSTEMS. Every successful entrepreneur/businessmen has a cash flow SYSTEM - passive income streams, whether it might be real estate properties, building web or mobile apps, running advertising campaigns etc.

I have a feeling that diplomas & formal degrees kill people's imagination because they teach & require from you to memorize & reproduce theoretical info - not think creatively & DO practically. For example, I never internally understood the term of "opportunity cost" in school, until I re-read about it on the web years later and it totally made sense from a practical point.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Here is a good quote to get you thinking from an entrepreneur: "People don't ask what my GPA was or how many degrees I have. They ask who my clients are."

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
School can't do for you what you can do for yourself. Your time is literally your most precious resource on this earth, you can spend it two ways: waste money and sit in a classroom while being taught by someone else or teach yourself in less time with enough dedication and more money to invest in your venture. You choose. The fast lane is all about taking complete control of every aspect of your life, education doesn't allow you to do that. Take control of your environment and make use of the resources around you. If you've got the internet, you've got everything you need.

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Thanks members, I have started a few ventures they have taught me lots, but at the same time I like keeping busy and im enrolled in school as well. I like to keep moving not just waiting for opportunities you never know who you might meet out there, idk in a classroom coming out of school, even grocery store across my school. A small degree wont hurt

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Sounds pretty useless to me to get a degree or certification. All you are doing is proving your knowledge to... wait, who are you proving it to? Prove it to yourself to learn on your own. Develop your own learning curriculum. Devote yourself to autodidacticism and the constant improvement of your own personal skill set for YOU. It is quite possibly the best thing you could ever do if you want to be a real entrepreneur.

Jun 22, 2012
Many commenters here are telling you to focus on entrepreneurship, so I wanted to mention that my alma mater Babson College in Boston has an amazing reputation for their entrepreneurial education. I would highly recommend checking out their curriculum.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.