The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 2015 Fastlane Meetup Pre-Plan Discussion (formerly B&P)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Not a gril btw so possibly not the right room mate for you, but at those prices, I think I'd prefer to split something with someone else as well (edit-wow, I'm a moron. Price isn't as bad as I thought, still wouldn't mind a roomate especially since they're suites, PM me if anyone's interested). I was concerned that this would overlap with my trip to India, but I've got time to spare afterwards.

What's the best airport to fly into?

Are you seeing $400 or something less? I don't see any suites just single rooms.

EDIT: Ah I see 1 bedroom but with a sofa bed. Still $400 but if you get a room with doubles instead of a king, you could fit at least 3.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
This is legendary and I didn't know this forum did meetups until I saw this post. (I'm new here)

Depending on airline $ and school scheduling conflicts, I would maybe be able to attend this.

FOR THOSE OF YOU ATTENDING AND GOING BY PLANE..

For those of you who may be struggling and need every dollar possible, but are considering attending this meetup by plane.

I recently stumbled across a really good site to get the cheapest airline tickets possible

https://skiplagged.com/

The business searches for both direct flights, and flights with layovers in the location you decide. It finds the cheapest flight amongst the two and links you up with the website to buy the ticket.

Airline companies have huge discrepancies in their prices. For example, if you're flying from NYC to Las Vegas, it may cost you $500.
But if you're flying from NYC to Bumblefuck, Nowhere and it happens to have a LAYOVER in Las Vegas for an hour, it may cost you $300.

You buy the ticket and just don't get on the next flight during your layover. Your layover is the destination.

Some coding wizard guy in his 20's who was tired of price BS and saw a flaw in the airline prices decided to come up with this, and he's currently being sued for his site and has crowdfunded enough money to fight the airline companies in court. I don't think it's anything illegal, but that's another story. The site is functioning, and you can use it, possibly for getting to this meetup... (You can't buy round-trip tickets, only 1 ways)

Just figured i'd offer a good piece of advice for those of you flying, I recently saw this on facebook and thought it was gold..

Ramble On

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jun 7, 2014
Hoping to go this year for the first time. Since I haven't ever attended I don't know the itinerary. Do you need to fly in that Thursday before to not miss anything on Friday? I can fly in on Friday and be at the hotel around lunch. Any thoughts?

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Hoping to go this year for the first time. Since I haven't ever attended I don't know the itinerary. Do you need to fly in that Thursday before to not miss anything on Friday? I can fly in on Friday and be at the hotel around lunch. Any thoughts?

I would suggest flying in Thursday if you can afford it - although it's not necessary. A lot of non fastlane gatherings happen then.

However, you probably want to check with Red on that one, just in case. :)

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Yes, you want to fly in on Thursday b/c the meetup starts Friday at 8am ( or 9am ).

The discount gets you in the hotel for $279, not $400. BTW, the hotel said the discount is only good for Friday and Saturday, not Thursday. However, I was able to talk my way into getting the discount for Thursday night too.

I checked on other hotels before I confirmed my ticket and all in the area were booked up b/c of spring training. I tried everything remotely close to the area and it was either extremely pricey or no rooms.

If you plan to attend, you need to secure a room at this hotel at the discount as fast as you can.

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
Yes, you want to fly in on Thursday b/c the meetup starts Friday at 8am ( or 9am ).

The discount gets you in the hotel for $279, not $400. BTW, the hotel said the discount is only good for Friday and Saturday, not Thursday. However, I was able to talk my way into getting the discount for Thursday night too.

I checked on other hotels before I confirmed my ticket and all in the area were booked up b/c of spring training. I tried everything remotely close to the area and it was either extremely pricey or no rooms.

If you plan to attend, you need to secure a room at this hotel at the discount as fast as you can.

I thought the first post says not everyone is capable of attending? Is there a process in which members attend these meetups?

D

DeletedUser394

I thought the first post says not everyone is capable of attending? Is there a process in which members attend these meetups?

Not complicated broski.

There will be more people wanting to go to the event than there will be tickets available. Therefore not everyone that wants to will be able to go.

First come first served once tickets are released to us plebs.

Ramble On

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jun 7, 2014
@JasonR and @eliquid. Thanks for the info. Just got my room booked for all three nights. You are correct. The room rate is $279 and I had to talk them into that rate for Thursday night. Sounds like the rooms are going fast.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

What group name did you give in order to reserve the rooms?

Ramble On

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jun 7, 2014
I just told the reservations person it was the "Fastlane Meetup" and they were able to find it.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I just told the reservations person it was the "Fastlane Meetup" and they were able to find it.
Got it figured out. The email link was to the Courtyard instead of the regular Marriott. I'm in. Thanks for the help!

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Didn't realize that there was a special rate. That's very good to know. Will call them tomorrow and see if I can get that rate Thursday as well. Can always cancel if I don't get a ticket, but I definitely want a place to stay for a decent price. ;)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The room rate for the event is $279. Also @Red mentioned that she *thinks* the rooms are all 2-bedroom suites with a kitchenette and a divider door... so sharing a suite is feasible.

And folks already confirmed to speak should be reserving now. Sounds like the area is booking up quick. Again, springtime in AZ is a crowded time which is why we had to move it up one week.

Last edited:

All In

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jan 24, 2014
CA, FL, and VA
I just called and booked a room, mentioned the "Fastlane Meetup" and they gave me three nights in a 1-bedroom suite at $259/night.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Too bad its been moved :(. 2016 then for me.

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
Looks like i'll be out of this one, especially since i'm just starting to lock down on spending.. I have zero income right now as a student, and i'm riding on a safety net of cash i've built up over a few years that goes towards school. Looked at the rate and it would be around $1000 for the 3 days, which is money i definitely need to hang onto for school and current business ventures.. as my expenses outweigh my income at this time.

I'll definitely be at one of these meetups soon though. Just gotta get a few things in line..

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I just called and booked a room, mentioned the "Fastlane Meetup" and they gave me three nights in a 1-bedroom suite at $259/night.
You could just do what @GlobalWealth does and tell them you're from NPR. They would have given you the presidential suite for the week straight, VIP access to all the clubs in Scottsdale...and most likely pay you to stay there.

Bosstradamus

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
i'm interested in going but i don't think i can afford 3 nights at $280/night and the plane ticket. any one interested in sharing rooms please pm me

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I'm about to sign a 5 month lease with an apartment walking distance from the venue....As long as I get one of the tickets, I may have an extra air mattress.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I was just pleased to get a room after manually checking the area myself before confirmation that I don't remember if they told me it was a double suite or a single room.

Once I check and find out, I might be able to split my suite with someone for 50% of the cost ( if it's a double suite ).

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I have just purchased my speaker ticket. I tried to book the hotel, but when I called reservations and the hotel direct they have no record of this group booking.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I have just purchased my speaker ticket. I tried to book the hotel, but when I called reservations and the hotel direct they have no record of this group booking.
Look at MJ's post a few pages back. The link in the speaker email is for the courtyard hotel, but this is incorrect.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Guys, I don't know what link you're referring too, but this is the hotel.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/phxst-scottsdale-marriott-suites-old-town/
Sponsored Ad
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
I also wouldn't recommended getting a room unless you are a confirmed speaker, or you have a ticket once they go on sale. There simply isn't room in the room to say, "Oh, Ok, we can allow 62"

MJ,
Danielle sent an email to speakers with a hotel link. It was the wrong one - Courtyard. I booked now, but the hotel is completely booked the thursday before the event. I reserved Friday thru Monday and hopefully thursday will open up.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

All In

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jan 24, 2014
CA, FL, and VA
Is Sunday an all day thing?

Also, AirBnB + Lyft/Uber might be a good solution for budget and/or sold out problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!